ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, September 26, 2002.
REUTERS/Jeff Christensen

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: even tho townshend and daltrey were phenomenal at facists green last night.... Return to archive
09-20-02 10:51 AM
Jaxx and i had comped seats in 20th row center and i almost caused a riot when i got pushed and spilled my margaurita on the teen in front of me, all i could think about was YOTI and the Rolling STones at MSG. where's the FF button when you really need it....this week is taking forever to end.
09-20-02 10:53 AM
~AzQb

RIGHt, Jaxx!!!

It truly HAS been one of the longest weeks in history for StonesCrazedNewYawkas!!!!

; )See you there ; )

~
09-20-02 10:54 AM
Moonisup Jaxx I find it sick when a band tours when a key member dies just b4 the tour starts!!! They just tour for the money! Would you imagine the stones tour when Charlie dies and put a young drummer in his place??

rik, the wooden shoe

but I hope you've had a good time
09-20-02 10:55 AM
jb Atleast they had a teen in attendance...that is a rare site at any Stone concerts ...most look like Jim Callahan.
09-20-02 11:00 AM
Moonisup lol!! Josh someone is bashing you at shidoobee!
09-20-02 11:00 AM
sirmoonie Josh, who is this Jim Callahan person? Is he on the level?
09-20-02 11:01 AM
~AzQb

...heeheee....this is gettin good ; )

There's indeed Fever in the Funkhouse Now!!!!!

~!
09-20-02 11:02 AM
Jaxx pete townsend is a rock icon. his guitar work was beyond words. just brilliant. they spanned decades of hits for a walk down memory lane. daltrey still had alot of energy altho his voice sounded a bit strained. notice i didn't call the band "the who". i think its more accurate to refer to them as townsend/daltrey. with pino on bass and ringos son on drums the band definately kept the integrity of The WHO's music. there was a memorial for Entwistle..a brief slide show. i don't know if i would have coughed up the 150 bucks to go, tho. facists green is THE WORST place to see a show. Red Rocks would have been my choice. but a free ticket is a free ticket...
09-20-02 11:03 AM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Josh, who is this Jim Callahan person? Is he on the level?

JC is a bald guy with a big belly, who does the security for the stones since 1902, it's a nice guy!!

the wooden shoe
09-20-02 11:12 AM
sirmoonie Hey MoUppie, where are the bashing Josh? Is that Mr. Lawyer thread where they bash Josh? Because there is the real fucking dope that hangs around here, I mean real fucking dope, who said it was about me, but that makes no sense because I have never posted at Stonesdoug.

I don't know why people bash Josh. I like Josh. He has become one of my favorite posters. I would not jash Bosh. Josh Boshing is not a sport that I care for. I don't want to ever say to myself "Hey bud, how about a little JoshBiffBosh over the noon hour"? I like Josh. He is a true fan of the Rolling Stones. I would nominate him for honorary C10A status, but Maxy, Nanky, SS, and maybe a few others would exercise seldom even mentioned clause C10-I(A)(22) which allows for actual expulsion from C10 for outrageous and egregious conduct unbecoming a C10er. I don't want that to happen. I cherish my C10hood. Sorry Josh.
09-20-02 11:15 AM
~AzQb

....ahm glad yer comin with yer mate to msg, MM !!!!

I'm all feverish and flsuhed flushed dflushed ; )

~ ; )
09-20-02 11:19 AM
sirmoonie Yep, I'll be there Annie, but I'm not bringing anyone. What do you mean?

Jaxx, glad you had a good time at Townshend/Daltry. I agree they should drop the Who name. It ain't the Who. I'm seeing them soon, but just can't get past other much more important shows. lol!

Yep, this week is dragging on and on and on......Just wanna get on that plane and relax and party!
09-20-02 11:25 AM
Moonisup
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Hey MoUppie, where are the bashing Josh? Is that Mr. Lawyer thread where they bash Josh? Because there is the real fucking dope that hangs around here, I mean real fucking dope, who said it was about me, but that makes no sense because I have never posted at Stonesdoug.

I don't know why people bash Josh. I like Josh. He has become one of my favorite posters. I would not jash Bosh. Josh Boshing is not a sport that I care for. I don't want to ever say to myself "Hey bud, how about a little JoshBiffBosh over the noon hour"? I like Josh. He is a true fan of the Rolling Stones. I would nominate him for honorary C10A status, but Maxy, Nanky, SS, and maybe a few others would exercise seldom even mentioned clause C10-I(A)(22) which allows for actual expulsion from C10 for outrageous and egregious conduct unbecoming a C10er. I don't want that to happen. I cherish my C10hood. Sorry Josh.

It is in one of the posts from doug:

here are the links:
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm76.showMessage?topicID=27.topic
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=2153.topic
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm51.showMessage?topicID=21.topic

Yeah, I like josh to, he has a great sense of humour and is always nice to me

regards,

Rik the wooden shoe
09-20-02 11:27 AM
jb Sorry, I had to actually work for 10 minutes....Thank you Sir Moonie for the kind words. By the way, an article in today's Sun Sentinel ....seems the three democratic candidates for governor held a unity rally and danced and held hands as the O.J.'s Love Train blasted from the speakers!!!!LOL..Go McBride...beat JEb!!!!
09-20-02 11:31 AM
~AzQb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yep, I'll be there Annie, but I'm not bringing anyone. What do you mean?

In my madness, i swore i read it somewhere ! But i'm glad glad glad YER makin it! as long as lil scope don't bring his videocamera
due to reasons unmentionable ; ) we're gonna really have a bash of the highest order

~
09-20-02 11:43 AM
scope
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

In my madness, i swore i read it somewhere ! But i'm glad glad glad YER makin it! as long as lil scope don't bring his videocamera
due to reasons unmentionable ; ) we're gonna really have a bash of the highest order

~

Agreed; no camera. Party hardy with no evidence the next day, except one hell of a hang over. Then it will be time to re-load for Giants on Saturday.
Which reminds me...I'll be driving and bringing a cooler. Put in your requests now for the contents, and anything else that I can bring for our out of town guests.
09-20-02 11:47 AM
~AzQb

Bless you, love
09-20-02 11:50 AM
~AzQb Then it will be time to re-load for Giants on Saturday.
Which reminds me...I'll be driving and bringing a cooler. Put in your requests now for the contents, and anything else that I can bring for our out of town guests.

[/quote]

...hey baby, if'n there's room RedRedWine would be divINE ; )

~
09-20-02 12:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot scopey!

I request big piles of cocaine, and whores...and a bottle of JD black label.
09-20-02 02:30 PM
Jaxx i so appreciate the lift to giants stadium that i will bring along my favorite legal and illegal libations to share. i just hope someone more suspicious looking than myself gets on that plane as a "smoke" screen.
09-20-02 02:37 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i so appreciate the lift to giants stadium that i will bring along my favorite legal and illegal libations to share. i just hope someone more suspicious looking than myself gets on that plane as a "smoke" screen.

could it be that your illegal stuff is legal in holland??

gimme gimme gimme a wooden shoe
09-20-02 03:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Atleast they had a teen in attendance...that is a rare site at any Stone concerts ...most look like Jim Callahan.

Hey!

I'll have you know I don't look *quite* that bad, thank you!

For one thing, I'm young and spry!

-tSYX --- I go wild!
09-23-02 12:19 AM
joeyb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Jaxx I find it sick when a band tours when a key member dies just b4 the tour starts!!! They just tour for the money! Would you imagine the stones tour when Charlie dies and put a young drummer in his place?
rik, the wooden shoe

why would you say money is the reason? just to say it - just to be wrong? the stones are the #1 r&r $ whores in history. and dude, so you know - if $ was involved with the INITIAL decision to tour, it was all b/c of entwhistle. he was broke, about to lose his 52 room mansion, and had to be fronted a million USD to pay off SOME of his gambling debts before the tour. i saw 'em here in l.a last week, and whatever you wanna call 'em, they rocked. pete, though, made some comment that made it seem like he was disgusted w/entwhistle. not vicious, but something like: "john would'nt stop drinking, wouldn't stop smoking, would'nt stop....well, you name it!" fuck - they made a commitment to me to tour, and they followed through. i'm glad.

and you can call me an unsophisticated idiot (please do), but even w/entwhistle being probably the most popular/praised bassist of all time, bassists and drummers are the least MUSICALLY irreplceable band components. do you really think if charlie kicked the bucket, mick would say: "well, lads, that's that. why go on? it would be wrong. and if the rest of us tour, it would just be morally bankrupt to call ourselves the rolling stones." wise up - they'd land at his funeral in a big black blimp to announce their "sorry charlie" tour.
[Edited by joeyb]
[Edited by joeyb]
[Edited by joeyb]
09-23-02 12:40 AM
mtw1000 Hi Guys -

As a Stones fan and an even bigger who fan, with some good sources close to the bone, I can tell you that:

a) This tour was NOT to bail out Entwistle, although the 2000 tour was;

b) The decision to carry on with the tour was made by Roger and Pete for the best of reasons, and I think any of us in the same position with the same info would make the same decision;

c) Say what you will, but those who have seen the band this year know Pete is playing like he did in 1971-2 - stuff I never thought we would see again;

d) The Who may be charging $150/ticket, bu the Stones are asking up to $350 for Stadium seats! Face it - both are way overpriced. At least when The Who decided to release all of their shows from the tour, 100% of the proceeds go to charity; and The Who have played many charity shows over even just the past few years - 1999 - 2 nights at Neil Young's Bridge shows, 2 shows at the HOB in Chicago for Maryville school; 2000 - 2 nights in London for Children's Cancer Fund; 2001 - Only show was the concert for MSG; 2002 - 2 nights in London for Children's Cancer Charity, and playiong at the HOB in Chicago on 9-23 for Maryville. Have the Stones done anything similar?

The Stones have been great this year, but seeing Pete several times this summer made my year.

09-23-02 01:56 AM
joeyb
quote:
mtw1000 wrote:
Hi Guys -

As a Stones fan and an even bigger who fan, with some good sources close to the bone, I can tell you that:

a) This tour was NOT to bail out Entwistle, although the 2000 tour was;

b) The decision to carry on with the tour was made by Roger and Pete for the best of reasons, and I think any of us in the same position with the same info would make the same decision;

no, dude, don't get me wrong - i didn't say it was a "bailout" tour - i meant the ONLY money "issues" with the who were entwhistle's. and as for "best intentions," i, too, honestly believe no matter what they would have decided, it would have come from the heart.

also, there are certain bands you just "feel" at the shows are doin' it 'cause they positively love it - and maybe they wouldn't, but seem like they'd do it for free if they had to. tops in this category in my mind are the who and tom petty - and it not only makes for great/better music, you actually just "feel" better 'bout being there. i love the stones, and don't feel they're necessarily going through the motions (well, ok, i have felt that a couple times). but i've been to 20+ shows, ranging from simply "great" to "oh my god, how fuckin' great was that?" but i've never felt from them that "how much fuckin' fun are WE (the band) having?" vibe.

[Edited by joeyb]
09-23-02 09:01 PM
Joey You were there Jaxx ?????????

I was twenty rows back on the Pete Townshend side .....seats I bought by choice to get close to the Petey ...............

Did you hear me yell out , " Get on with it !!!! " to Pete ?????? He did not disappoint when he said , " FUCK OFF " !!!!!!!!

If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake ....

Baked a cake .......

Baked a cake .......

Skittles
09-23-02 09:05 PM
Soul Survivor I'm suprised Pete heard you

Well, his hearing aint as bad as people make it out to be