ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Young Reveals Bridge School Lineup, Rarites Set (NSC) Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 03:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Young Reveals Bridge School Lineup, Rarites Set

September 23, 2005

Neil Young and his wife Pegi have announced the lineup for their 19th annual Bridge School Benefit concert outside of San Francisco. The two-day event will take place October 29 and 30. Young will team with his old friends David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash on stage. The traditionally acoustic concert will also feature Dave Matthews, Norah Jones, Good Charlotte, Jerry Lee Lewis, Emmylou Harris, Los Lobos and Bright Eyes.

The concert benefits the Bridge School, founded by Young and his wife to help children with severe physical and speech impairments. Children from the school traditionally attend the concerts and sit in a special section for them and their families behind the stage.

In other Neil Young news, he tells Rolling Stone that his long-awaited rarities box sets will finally be released. "It starts with my earliest recordings in 1963," Young told Rolling Stone. "Then several recordings with a group called the Squires, into the earliest Buffalo Springfield stuff. Then there's a live record culled from a week's worth of performances at the Riverboat in Toronto." Young says the material will be released as a series of eight-disc box sets. Young's next studio album Prairie Wind arrives in stores this Tuesday.
September 23rd, 2005 03:54 PM
monkey_man That line up looks OK. . .I think Jerry Lee Lewis would be sweet to see. My favorite Bridge that I went to was the one that The Who and Tom Waits played at.
September 23rd, 2005 03:57 PM
Gimme Shelter I went to last year's where the line up was of course Neil himself, Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tony Bennett, Eddie Vedder, Los Lonely Boys, and others.
September 23rd, 2005 04:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
In other Neil Young news, he tells Rolling Stone that his long-awaited rarities box sets will finally be released.

I truly believe it is time. Finally. BUT, I just can't believe it 100% until it's/they're in my hands!
September 23rd, 2005 04:22 PM
FPM C10 Yeah, that's in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

Sounds GREAT, though!

But...no Rick James? Wassup wit DAT, bitch?
September 23rd, 2005 04:52 PM
Prodigal Son Well, you can ebt Neil would have the Mynah Birds stuff on there but Motown had the tapes in their vault and claim to have lost them making the move from Detroit to LA in 1972. But man oh man, a series of eight-disc boxed sets? That's pretty much everything ever recorded. Can't wait. We'll have his early recordings, many great outtakes, aborted albums like Homegrown, Chrome Dreams, the original Old Ways, Time Square and hopefully the Eldorado EP tracks. Outside of Dylan, Neil Young has the best catalogue of unreleased material.
September 23rd, 2005 06:57 PM
doo doo doo Dude This is a great all acoustic charity event that Neil hosts every year. The lineups are usually pretty good (one year I remember seeing the Who, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Tom Waits, Brian Wilson, Green Day and Neil all on the same bill...incredible show). Anyway, the Stones have an open date on 10/29 and are playing in nearby Seattle on the 30th. Could a surprise acoustic set from the world's greatest rock n' roll band be a possibility?! Stranger things have happened.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)