ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody's "Cancel Everything" covered by... Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 02:43 PM
Saint Sway yup! You guessed it!

The Almighty BLACK Motha Fuckin CROWES!!!!

y'all know about their numerous cool Stones covers! But this one is just the icing on the cake!!!

I love Ronnie's 1st record. Esp this tune! Glad to see their a kick ass rock and roll band out there that love Ronnie Wood and is keeping his music alive and passing it on to a whole new generation of ears.

and on a related note, they've also been recently playing The Faces "Glad & Sorry" and have cooked up a cover Faces "You're So Rude" - which they should be debuting soon.

hmmm.... arent they in Ronnie Lanes home town of Texas tonite...
September 23rd, 2005 02:48 PM
The Wick I was just listening to it this morning.
September 23rd, 2005 02:51 PM
wisertime The also played "Sign On The Window" (dylan cover, from "new morning) yesterday. Amazing, they play 2 "first time played" songs each night !!
I tried to buy Fillmore shows on IL but I can't buy the 2 last shows, it seems to be out of stock already.
September 23rd, 2005 02:52 PM
Bloozehound dont know about Ronnie Lanes hometown, but yes the Crowes are here sway, the real question is will you be here tonight ?

What ??

They're not flying in their #1 fan

I'll be seeing them in a few hours, just waiting for my wife to get here so we can split like the banana
September 23rd, 2005 02:52 PM
gustavobala i just put this in the another thread, see the others covers:

B. Crowes :

Happy x
Silver Train x
Torn & Frayed x
Loving Cup
You Gotta Move
Tumbling Dice
Cancel Everything ( Ron Wood )
Can't You Hear Me Knocking x
Sway x
Honk Tonk Women x
Miss You Jam
Shake Your Rips

Chris Solo :

No Expectations

Rich Solo :

Memo From Turner
Hand Of Fate
Moonlight Mile

Chris & Marc :

Sweet Virginia x

September 23rd, 2005 02:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
wisertime wrote:
The also played "Sign On The Window" (dylan cover, from "new morning) yesterday. Amazing, they play 2 "first time played" songs each night !!
I tried to buy Fillmore shows on IL but I can't buy the 2 last shows, it seems to be out of stock already.

yeah those Fillmore Instant Lives went fast. But thats what happens when a band plays 5 shows in one city and plays totally different sets each night: 47 originals and 26 covers during the SF run. Now thats impressive!

Wiser, I'll see if I can get you the SF show with Loving Cup

cheers!
September 23rd, 2005 02:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
dont know about Ronnie Lanes hometown, but yes the Crowes are here sway, the real question is will you be here tonight ?

What ??

They're not flying in their #1 fan

I'm staying far far away from Texas. I'll see them next week in Philly.

have a GREAT TIME at the show. Get their ASAP as the Crowes stage is gonna be packed. I hope you get a good spot. Dont miss Lucinda, Mule & Allmans! Then Crowes close it out. I hope you get a great show - they usually rock out pretty hard at these fest shows.
Have yourself a blast and write us back.

cheers!

fyi. Ronnie used to live in Austin. Mac still does.
September 23rd, 2005 03:13 PM
Saint Sway Blooze,

heres last nights show in Texas. Did you catch it?

S E T   L I S T :
  - Set One -
Midnight From The Inside Out
Sting Me
Thick N' Thin
Black Moon Creeping
Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
Bright Lights, Big City (1st time played) ~ Jimmy Reed
Soul Singing
This Is The Way ~ Devandra Banhart
Sometimes Salvation
My Morning Song
Virtue And Vice

- Set Two -
Odds And Ends ~ Bob Dylan
Another Roadside Tragedy
Girl From A Pawnshop
Sign On The Window (1st time played) ~ Bob Dylan
Comin' Home ~ Delaney & Bonnie
Cosmic Friend
Hard To Handle -> Jam
Wiser Time
Jealous Again
Remedy
- encore -
Don't Let Me Down ~ Beatles
September 23rd, 2005 03:17 PM
wisertime [quote]Saint Sway wrote:

yeah those Fillmore Instant Lives went fast. But thats what happens when a band plays 5 shows in one city and plays totally different sets each night: 47 originals and 26 covers during the SF run. Now thats impressive!

Wiser, I'll see if I can get you the SF show with Loving Cup

cheers!
[/quote

The show with "Loving Cup" is the only one which wasn't released by IL, it'll be released on DVD, isn't it ?
Thanks Sway. When they'll come in Europe, I'll be there !! with my DAT !!
September 23rd, 2005 03:19 PM
wisertime Oh my god !! Allman + Mule + BC on the same bill ??!!
I wish I lived in america. I saw Gov't Mule 3 weeks ago in Belgium, it was awesome.
September 23rd, 2005 04:16 PM
Saint Sway I dont know if "Loving Cup" will be on the DVD or not. Hopefully it will be the full show in its entirity.
September 23rd, 2005 04:29 PM
wisertime I'm watching to the Mule set live from Austin right now.

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/sbc/mainstage/mainstage.html

September 23rd, 2005 04:49 PM
Saint Sway hopefully they bring Marc Ford out for a version of Neil Young's "Cortez The Killer"

enjoy
September 23rd, 2005 05:00 PM
wisertime Mule's set is over. It's 23.00 here in France. If I want to see the Crowes set (if it is broadcasted) I'll have to wake up at 5.30 AM !! I think I'll go to bed
September 23rd, 2005 08:09 PM
lonecrapshooter Do the Black Crowes ever play any of their own songs?
September 23rd, 2005 08:13 PM
exile Its a pity the Crowes have to cover everyone else's songs as they dont have any good ones of their own.
September 23rd, 2005 08:32 PM
2000 Man I think it's funnier that their fans get all excited over the fact that they don't play their own songs. They did come up with a good album a long time ago, though. But then again, lotsa people have done that.
September 23rd, 2005 10:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
hopefully they bring Marc Ford out for a version of Neil Young's "Cortez The Killer"

enjoy

September 24th, 2005 12:23 AM
wisertime
quote:
exile wrote:
Its a pity the Crowes have to cover everyone else's songs as they dont have any good ones of their own.

These days, they play about 3 hours. What's the problem with that ?? Stones have always played covers in their shows too..
It's a pity you always feel obliged to make negative comments about them. If you don't like them, don't read our posts.
September 24th, 2005 01:23 AM
glencar The Stones are playing "remedy" tomorra night.
September 24th, 2005 02:22 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
Do the Black Crowes ever play any of their own songs?

yeah, actually they've played probably every one of their own songs they ever released (and then some), and keep probably 95% of them in rotation still. the Stones on the other hand release albums mostly of songs they're never even gonna play live, let alone throw in surprises like a new song each (even if its a cover, beats hearing Love Train every night). I'm looking forward to seeing what they're gonna break out for the Tower Theater next week
September 24th, 2005 02:32 AM
glencar I'm confused. Love Train was a cover.
September 24th, 2005 01:51 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm confused. Love Train was a cover.

yes. so are Cancel Everything, This Is The Way, Don't Let Me Down, etc. but those aren't played almost every night of the tour like when the Stones pick out 1 or 2 cover songs to play for the next year
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)