ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exile is the worst stones album ever! Return to archive
September 23rd, 2005 09:10 AM
egon HA!

I'm out of here. have a good weekend
September 23rd, 2005 09:11 AM
Gazza you shall NOT be greeted!!

By ANYONE!
September 23rd, 2005 09:14 AM
Jumacfly Correct!!!
what a piece of shit compared to Dirty Work or any Black Crowes album!!
Even last Bon Jovi is better!!!
September 23rd, 2005 09:15 AM
Nellcote Any Black Crowes lp is better, hands down!
September 23rd, 2005 09:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Any Black Crowes lp is better, hands down!

Diamond Ring is far better than Let it loose!!
September 23rd, 2005 09:21 AM
Madafaka Hahahaha!
September 23rd, 2005 09:52 AM
GimmeExile Are you trying to imitate jcdesq?
September 23rd, 2005 10:04 AM
time is on my side As such a noted and esteemed critic as Jcdesq most assuredly would agree, Exile on Main St is one of the most overrated albums ever made or produced. This album has little, if any, musical or artistic merit. As Jcdesq himself so often likes to point out, it's a piece of crap.

Even such a fair minded and objective musical genius as St Sway has been known to say the following "when one takes Exile as a whole and compares it to say the Black Crowes Amorica, in my opinion it's lacking. There's something missing. It just doesn't have the overall quality that a group like the Black Crowes is able to produce in albums like Amorica".

When confronted with this kind of evidence and lacking in the critical acclaim that matters, it's no wonder that many people are beginning to have second thoughts about Exile.

September 23rd, 2005 10:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
As such a noted and esteemed critic as Jcdesq most assuredly would agree, Exile on Main St is one of the most overrated albums ever made or produced. This album has little, if any, musical or artistic merit. As Jcdesq himself so often likes to point out, it's a piece of crap.

Even such a fair minded and objective musical genius as St Sway has been known to say the following "when one takes Exile as a whole and compares it to say the Black Crowes Amorica, in my opinion it's lacking. There's something missing. It just doesn't have the overall quality that a group like the Black Crowes is able to produce in albums like Amorica".

When confronted with this kind of evidence and lacking in the critical acclaim that matters, it's no wonder that many people are beginning to have second thoughts about Exile.

LOL great post!!!
Anyway,I d like to say that a song like "have a nice day" by the Stereophonics is far far better than all this "tumbling dice"or "all down the line" crap!!!
September 23rd, 2005 10:30 AM
Nellcote We are starting to find some commonality in thought here.
I would think The Stones cover of "Stop Breaking Down" just does not hold up to the slash & burn Black Crowes cover of "Hard to Handle". In thinking further, how could the Stones even consider to include Slim Harpo's "Shake Your Hips"? Were they thinking these covers would assist in sales of the lp? Certainly, their songwriting with the preceeding three lps needed assistance, and Exile just about makes a three star in any critics lexicon.
Certainly, a dark period in the Stones catalog.
September 23rd, 2005 10:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Certainly, a dark period in the Stones catalog.

at the same time, the great Vanilla Ice were born , somewhere.
September 23rd, 2005 10:45 AM
Thing One Thought I was going to have to take you off the Best Posters List...have a good weekend
September 23rd, 2005 10:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Thought I was going to have to take you off the Best Posters List...have a good weekend

you too!
you re in my posters list you know...with the 2564589248 other rocks off posters
September 23rd, 2005 10:50 AM
jb No, you requested a boxing match so it would be legal....I simply requested that you greet me next show and tell me how you really feel. The Administrators are not happy with our little "feud" .
September 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
No, you requested a boxing match so it would be legal....I simply requested that you greet me next show and tell me how you really feel. The Administrators are not happy with our little "feud" .

I ll attempt the match only if Gypsy and Joey hold the Round numbers in Bikini...

another thing about exile: he was recorded in France, the country of musette and stoopid pop music...that's why he sucks so much!!!
September 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
Thing One Will you be at the 1-20 MSG show? I will be. I'm bringing all my friends and stuff. I'm going to have a good good time.
September 23rd, 2005 11:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Will you be at the 1-20 MSG show? I will be. I'm bringing all my friends and stuff. I'm going to have a good good time.

I won't. there's a special Pantera night on tv, sorry!
September 23rd, 2005 11:08 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT after 9/13...i cant say ill miss another MSG show... do are you saying this will be the date of the "Match"?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)