ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2Stoned Return to archive
September 22nd, 2005 07:12 PM
stonedinaustralia Purchased Loog Oldham's book 2Stoned yesterday and got through the first chapter last night

shaping up to be quite/very good - already read a couple of hilarious quotes which would stand repeating here

and it's good to see a new stones book that seems it might have something new to tell - interesting to read that Sonny Bono was quite an imporatnt connection for the Stones on their first tour of the States

i've not bothered with more recent releases e.g. "old gods almost dead" or that other relatively new one called, i think, "Mick and Keith" as they seem to be nothing more than cut and paste jobs of previously published stuff

anybody else read this??

if so, what did you think??
September 22nd, 2005 07:49 PM
Sleepy London Clown Yeah, both of his books are fascinating reads, giving slightly different takes on events. Worth reading for any Stones fan, and the non-stones anecdotes are amusing too.

Thanks for the reminder, about time I dug them out and read them again!

I think he's working on a third volume?

Here's a link to an interview he did when one of the books was released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/entertainment/music/andrew_loog_oldham_interview.shtml
September 22nd, 2005 08:00 PM
Gazza yes.both books are very good

Met him just over a year ago at a special screening of "Charlie is my darling" followed by a Q&A session and he signed both of them for me and posed for a few pics
September 22nd, 2005 08:14 PM
jb He had a lot of issues as he was sexual attached to Mick........
September 22nd, 2005 09:49 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes.both books are very good

Met him just over a year ago at a special screening of "Charlie is my darling" followed by a Q&A session and he signed both of them for me and posed for a few pics

did you get a shot of the two of you together??

if so - please post!!
September 22nd, 2005 09:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
He had a lot of issues as he was sexual attached to Mick........

hey jb!! - am glad you have enjoyed the shows you've seen this tour - if you liked them then they must have been good - you are a hard taskmaster

oh yeah - it's all a bit bizzare isn't it - as it would appear that back in the day mick was attracted to keith!!

not that there's anything wrong with that!!

i wonder if brian fancied bill?!?!
September 22nd, 2005 10:07 PM
exile I have not read eithier,

However a friend told me that "Old Gods Almost Dead" was a good read. then again they are not a 'hardcore stones fan' so to speak.

SIA how do you like ABB now after a few weeks and its sunk in?

September 22nd, 2005 10:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
and it's good to see a new stones book that seems it might have something new to tell - interesting to read that Sonny Bono was quite an imporatnt connection for the Stones on their first tour of the States

Sonny Bono was the inspiration behind Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man.

I sure am sharp! With my searsucker suit I'm real sharp! Reall really sharp!

Riffhard
September 22nd, 2005 10:37 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:
I have not read eithier,

However a friend told me that "Old Gods Almost Dead" was a good read. then again they are not a 'hardcore stones fan' so to speak.

SIA how do you like ABB now after a few weeks and its sunk in?

enjoying very much exile

ONNYA is a cracker!!
September 22nd, 2005 10:42 PM
Thing One
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Sonny Bono was the inspiration behind Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man.

I sure am sharp! With my searsucker suit I'm real sharp! Reall really sharp!

Riffhard

Really?
September 22nd, 2005 10:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Thing One wrote:

Really?

Yup. True story. I started likeing that song even more when I found out that it was about everbody's favorite Ski Bum!

I am honored,and flattered to have made your best posters list Thing One! Thank you kindly.

Riffhard
September 23rd, 2005 01:31 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I am honored,and flattered to have made your best posters list Thing One! Thank you kindly.

so am i...do i get a prize??

or is the honour itself the reward???

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
September 23rd, 2005 02:37 AM
Monkey Woman Stoned and 2Stoned are both good read, and full of crazy stuff. The writing is a bit strange but exhilarating. It's very interesting to have Oldham's take on the beginnings of the band. Not only was he there, he contributed to shape things that go on to this day...
September 23rd, 2005 05:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

did you get a shot of the two of you together??

if so - please post!!

I think I do. I'll have to dig it out at some point
September 23rd, 2005 07:11 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think I do. I'll have to dig it out at some point

please do

TIA
September 23rd, 2005 09:20 AM
Lavendar 2stoned! I thought this was gonna be a Jumacfly thread! LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)