ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Direction Home- Bob Dylan Return to archive
September 21st, 2005 10:35 PM
time is on my side Surprised no one has mentioned that the DVD came out yesterday. I'm looking at Part 1 right now. What a great fucking movie!!!! Well, got to get back to the movie.
September 22nd, 2005 01:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Tomorrow is payday.

Guess what I have planned for tomorrow night?
September 22nd, 2005 01:54 AM
beer I liked it quite a bit. Watched the whole thing last night, then watched the bonus footage today. Make sure you can have a chunk of time where ya won't be bothered with phone calls/visitors/etc, cuz it,s really long and very engrossing.

-
September 22nd, 2005 03:04 AM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Tomorrow is payday.

Guess what I have planned for tomorrow night?

So we're finally going to do anal whilst listening to "Emotional Resue" on repeat?
September 22nd, 2005 03:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels In praise of ... Bob Dylan

Leader
Thursday September 22, 2005
The Guardian

There was a time - rather a long time, actually, maybe 20 years or even more - when to celebrate Bob Dylan was to invite yawns, mockery and, if you were lucky, pity. Not any more. Dylan admirers who have stayed the course with their flawed angel have a new sense of vindication and acceptability these days. Perhaps that is because a new generation who never lived in the shadow of the 1960s has listened to Dylan with a more open mind. Or perhaps it is because that unexpected 2004 autobiography sparked a revival of interest. Perhaps it is simply that Dylan CDs are now incredibly cheap to buy. Whichever it is, when Martin Scorsese's four-hour biopic No Direction Home airs on BBC2 next Monday and Tuesday, the wheel will be on fire again.

After all these years, the simple and incontrovertible thing to say about Dylan is that his songs and his words endure. He has been around long enough now to have gone through many phases and styles, some of them inexplicable, some of them revelatory. But as anyone who has ever been to a Dylan concert knows, he endlessly returns to and rediscovers his own work, often bizarrely, but never boringly. Whatever he does to it, Lay Lady Lay will always be a beautiful song. With God On Our Side sounds as chilling in 2005 as it did in 1963. Listen to Dylan again some time soon. Has America ever produced a better songwriter? You don't have to be a true believer - though it helps - to decide the answer is no.

September 22nd, 2005 03:08 AM
gypsy Thanks for posting that review. I'm seriously buying that ASAP.
September 22nd, 2005 03:40 AM
beer Gypsy, were you aware that The Outsiders got its official DVD release the same day ?!

Stay Gold!

replied to PM, too

-
September 22nd, 2005 06:16 AM
bez85 Without a doubt the best American and world songwriter in the history of mankind. The dvd's are excellent. Even non-beleivers in Dylan will find this documentary very intersting...
September 22nd, 2005 07:36 AM
Phog It's nice to see the live '66 footage in crystal-clear quality. God, what a great band he had that year.

A very nice documentary. Wonderful stuff.
September 22nd, 2005 08:00 AM
Mel Belli GREAT movie! I hated Scorsese's "Blues" miniseries, but he nailed it with "Home."
September 22nd, 2005 10:21 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
GREAT movie! I hated Scorsese's "Blues" miniseries, but he nailed it with "Home."

Right on both counts. I was pretty concerned about NDH because of the crappy blues series, but it's great. It helps that he's really able to focus on one topic and that it's one of the most fascinating topics possible. The Dylan interviews are amazing . . . he's very present and interested throughout. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it. If I have any one complaint it's that you'd think they could have included at least one complete acoustic performance from '66 in the bonus material - those clips of Tambourine Man, Visions, and esp. Desolation Row are goosepimpling. At least show me a whole harmonica solo.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
September 22nd, 2005 10:55 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
from '66 - those clips of Tambourine Man, Visions, and esp. Desolation Row are goosepimpling.

I just saw the first part last night so I haven't seen the whole movie. In the first part, they continued to shift back to the 1966 performances as they told the tale of Dylan's first years (childhood, college, and the early year's in New York up to the 1963 Newport Festival).

Man does Bob look wired in 1966. From the clips, you get an idea of all the negative vibes coming from the audiences. You can tell he needs a break and he's reaching the limit of his physical, mental endurance. Bobby D is on the edge. In retrospect and taking into his account his later accident, it's not surprising that he took a much needed break. A very long one. He would not tour again until 1974.

Yet what a ride it was!!! Prime TIME Dylan. From Freewheelin to Blonde on Blonde, the creative forces were overflowing, peaking at an unprecedented level.

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 22nd, 2005 11:33 AM
Martha Chris bought me the DVD on Tuesday. I haven't had time to watch it yet and plan on doing that tonight. I am thrilled beyond words that this DVD has been put together......what a blessing!

Did anyone get the companion book? If so what do you think of it.

xxoo,
Martha

"they tell me everything is gonna be alright, but I don't know what alright even means"
September 22nd, 2005 02:53 PM
Phog Martha, I got the book the other day but haven't really looked at it yet. Lots of trinkets in it. Kinda like a pop-up book.

Sit your ass infront of the tv and watch the dvds ASAP. You will absolutely love it. Best of luck.
[Edited by Phog]
September 22nd, 2005 09:14 PM
Lazy Bones It didn't arrive at my local record shop Tuesday. Checked again tonight - nothing. WTF?

I did see a UPS guy on the corner selling something, though...

September 22nd, 2005 09:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Phog wrote:
God, what a great band he had that year.

Yep. It's amazing what 4 Canadians can do!

September 23rd, 2005 11:38 AM
Martha
quote:
Phog wrote:
Martha, I got the book the other day but haven't really looked at it yet. Lots of trinkets in it. Kinda like a pop-up book.

Sit your ass infront of the tv and watch the dvds ASAP. You will absolutely love it. Best of luck.
[Edited by Phog]

phog darlin' I LOVE the way you talk to me! Ooooooohhhh baby!

May ass is sittin' down!

peace out,
MM
September 23rd, 2005 11:42 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
It didn't arrive at my local record shop Tuesday. Checked again tonight - nothing. WTF?

I did see a UPS guy on the corner selling something, though...

Our stupid fake hippie record head shop (Wilmingtoons) DIDN'T know ANYTHING about this DVD when I called on Tuesday to see if I could buy it from them. WTF?????????? Thus I will now and forever more refer to this hellhole town as Lamesville USA! FOOK!

And so Chris had to buy it at the dreaded and dreadful Walmart. We have no other options here in Wilmington, OH. And I simply HAD to have this masterpiece.

I hate walmart with every fiber of my being.

grrrrrrrrr.........

September 23rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Martha wrote:
I hate walmart with every fiber of my being.

http://www.benjaminedwards.net/Writings/walmart%20map%20CAP.jpg
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)