ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Honest I Do - Alternate take? Return to archive
September 21st, 2005 08:08 PM
BlindLemon Hi,
I was wondering can anyone help me - I am listening to this version of Honest I do which came in a batch of songs I got from PtP. Now it is very much like the version I know, but I feel it has much better - although subtle guitars - and (I could be wrong) an older Mick Jagger singing, pretending to be young. Overall I find the song vastly superior to the album version. So either this is some later re-recording, or this is a remastered version and is really superior to the standard, old CD-version - or there was something in my tea. Really, the guitars sound way better than typical for early 60s Stones.
Anybody care to fill me in, if sy has some info? Feel really puzzled now.
Thanks,
September 21st, 2005 08:14 PM
Gazza it was re-recorded during the "Stripped" sessions in Tokyo in March 1995

It was actually officially released...not on "Stripped" but on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack a couple of years later. I think Don Was produced all the tracks on that soundtrack album
September 21st, 2005 08:14 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Sounds like it is the version from Stripped Companion (I like this version better too).
September 22nd, 2005 05:11 PM
BlindLemon Thank you for the info. It must be the Stripped-era version, the guitar sounds no unlike on Spider and the Fly, just a little less clea, little raucnhier. Great version.
September 22nd, 2005 05:12 PM
nankerphelge FYI -- don't make the mistake I did and watch the movie Hope Floats hoping to hear the song -- it is only on the soundtrack.

And man does that movie suck!
September 22nd, 2005 05:14 PM
Thing One
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
FYI -- don't make the mistake I did and watch the movie Hope Floats hoping to hear the song -- it is only on the soundtrack.

And man does that movie suck!

"Hope Floats"

So does shit
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)