ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Queen Discover Unheard Freddie Mercury Songs Return to archive
September 20th, 2005 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Queen Discover Unheard Freddie Mercury Songs
by Daniel Melia on 9/20/2005

Brian May has revealed that he has uncovered tapes of Freddie Mercury ‘tinkering around’ in the studio.

May says he now plans to turn them into several new songs and release them, he says: "There are still some things in the vaults with Freddie messing about on vocals which fans won't have heard. There are bits of him tinkering around, which could be used.”

He told the Daily Star: "I expect they will get released at some point because I am sure people will want to hear them".

September 20th, 2005 02:38 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Brian May has revealed that he has uncovered tapes of Freddie Mercury ‘tinkering around’ in the studio.

More like tinkerbelling.

September 20th, 2005 02:56 PM
The_Worst
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

More like tinkerbelling.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!
September 20th, 2005 10:23 PM
Soldatti Well, Made In Heaven was a colection of outtakes and Mercury's solo songs that Queen re-worked and sold more than 10 millions. They can release a double greatest hits with these 4-5 new tunes and it'll sell the double of Bigger Bang.
September 21st, 2005 01:16 AM
ShaneJazz Just don't let Paul Rodgers anywhere near any Stones songs. Just kidding! Freddie rules.
[Edited by ShaneJazz]
September 21st, 2005 09:11 AM
exile Freddy's life in 4 sentences.

I have a moustache. I'm gay. I can sing. I'm dead of AIDS.
September 21st, 2005 10:20 AM
Hannalee Sheer journalistic licence (aka BS). To quote Brian May on this report:

It's the usual thing ... they say .. "Is there any chance of some new stuff with Freddie coming out .... some tapes hidden away which you might ... ?" and I go ... "well, there are still a few bits kicking around .... maybe one day ... " (because basically nothing has changed on that score in the last 10 years) ... and it's a tiny throw-away, and part of a whole conversation which happens while you're wondering whether to accept a sausage roll ....
September 21st, 2005 10:20 AM
jb
quote:
exile wrote:
Freddy's life in 4 sentences.

Did they discover his collectgion of diamond studded anal vibrators?
September 21st, 2005 10:36 AM
blackandblue
quote:
exile wrote:
Freddy's life in 4 sentences.

One correction: I CAN'T sing.
September 21st, 2005 09:43 PM
Soldatti I just heard the new live album with Paul Rodgers and it sucks.
September 22nd, 2005 01:02 AM
exile
quote:
jb wrote:

LOL! I dont know! Freddy was as GAY as Christmas though,
September 22nd, 2005 05:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:

Hmmm, do I sense some homophobia jb?

And blackandblue, regardless of one's musical preferences, I don't think there's ever been any doubt as to whether the guy had a great voice or not.

September 22nd, 2005 07:23 AM
egon made in heaven pt 2, 3, 4...

milk it baby!
September 22nd, 2005 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Hmmm, do I sense some homophobia jb?

And blackandblue, regardless of one's musical preferences, I don't think there's ever been any doubt as to whether the guy had a great voice or not.

Not at all!~~ I love all people..just hated Queen as they are Englands all time favorite band....I support all rights for gay couples including the right to marry, health benefits for partners, etc...I just depsied this little twerp...
September 22nd, 2005 09:20 PM
Steel Wheels Queen just might be the most boring of the boring bands. See Bon Jovi, Kansas, The Village People, Dave Matthews, and The Rob Thomas Experience for a reference.

Queen is lame as lame can get. Everytime I hear those famous Queen songs I want to bust the radio with a hammer.

September 22nd, 2005 09:57 PM
Thing One
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

More like tinkerbelling.

That's the post of the year!
September 22nd, 2005 11:03 PM
exile
Q: What's hit more balls than Joe DiMaggio's bat?

A: Freddy Mercury's chin

[Edited by exile]
September 22nd, 2005 11:50 PM
ShaneJazz Actually, I thought the question was:
What is the only thing that sucks more than Freddie Mercury?
Answer: Every Stones album since 1981.
September 23rd, 2005 06:10 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Queen just might be the most boring of the boring bands. See Bon Jovi, Kansas, The Village People, Dave Matthews, and The Rob Thomas Experience for a reference.

Queen is lame as lame can get. Everytime I hear those famous Queen songs I want to bust the radio with a hammer.

Great post!
September 23rd, 2005 06:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I used to be into Queen in a big way a few years back. But my fasination has died off since. But I would certainly like to hear some new stuff from beyond the grave. I think Freddie had a great voice both in the studio and live.
September 23rd, 2005 04:13 PM
Martha I'm wearing my skin tight white Freddie Mercury pants to the Stones gig tomorrow in honor of this thread.

We are the champions people!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)