ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 12th, 2005 04:44 PM
nankerphelge Yep -- whoever ends up with half with lil' Mick would clearly be the winner!

September 12th, 2005 04:48 PM
luxury1 Yes, I couldnt help but notice (straight away, mind you), the nice cut of these pants worn in Chicago......it's in every pic, actually, quite prominent. SO THERE, KEITH!!
September 12th, 2005 04:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Yes, I couldnt help but notice (straight away, mind you), the nice cut of these pants worn in Chicago......it's in every pic, actually, quite prominent. SO THERE, KEITH!!

Are we sure it's not his satchel?
September 12th, 2005 04:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Are we sure it's not his satchel?

I'd be MORE than happy to volunteer to inspect the package.

LJ.
September 12th, 2005 05:38 PM
TomL Most people said it all but here's my two cents.......If I can even remember my own name now.

Me and Nanky started partying about 1 at the airport. Got to the windy city at about 4, to the hotel about 5 or so. Waiting for us was LJ(Such a fucking outstanding job setting everything up). Went directly to the board room( it has changed the way I look at a stones gathering now, just fucking amazing) and started the party right, beer, rum, and party favors. After we made some excutive decisions(Trump would of been loosing his mind)The Chicago 7 decided it was time to go to Pam's. The fucking cab ride was hell but we were determined to get there. First cab ride where we had to stop to take a break. The cabbie of the other cab hands me a packed bowl at the gas station. We get to Pam's and she had so much food waiting for us. What a very nice person, I am proud to call Pam one of my new friends. Her hubby( whose nick name will remain a secret for security reasons)was a great guy. I did not know everyone there and may leave some people out, but it's not on purpose, my minds just shot. Pete, Bommy, Polksalad, glencar, starbuck(cool dude),Fiji and sherat(what a breathe of fresh air).

We ate, we drank, we partaked. Great place Pam, next time I am taking a helecopter though, just kidding. Then we were off to Budy Guys, boy those cabs are big, we fit 7 people comfortbily in there. After the 15 minutes back to the city we were at Guys. The beers were flowing, so was the happy face. When guys closed we were just getting started, so off to Kingston Minds till 4 or so. My friend told me today it was one of the first true blues places, they rocked there. We got back to the room about 5 or so. Don't know if I was sleep walking or dreamimg, but about 6 or so I could not find my way out of the bathroom, or was that saturday night.

What a fucking awesome view we had of the city, if your in Chicago try the Hotel 71. That is 69 with two fingers up her ass. Perfect.

We wake up Sat moring to a wake N bake special( at the board room of course) and is was a buffett. Off to Chess studious we go. Nice history there. Got to see Isabell and Susan there. Some of ronnies voodoo lounge painting were there. LJ sat on the step where Mick fucked Bionca. So after that we headed to Hogs N Honeys to see pug and his band. Nice to see Rob there. On the way Gazza called Pam, and it was so nice to talk to that crazy Irish prick, it has been since 99, too long. It was nice hearing your voice again Gary all kidding aside. We drank, I had 8 french fries for dinner and Pam drove us back to the hotel.

Again anoter board meeting was in order. Keef Duck from shidobee joined us, my mate from Columbus( He was just floored by the board room table. Hell I wanted to sleep on the mother fucker. I think it was me Pam, Duck, Nanky, SHERAT, LJ. I think there was a special guest but sorry i can not remember her name. One of ducks friends. So then after making some good decisions it was time to head to Soldier Field. Off we went, first stop the beer place.

You have already read so many reviews, all I will say is it was awesome. I have seen so many shows and am always looking for something I have never heard live before. Night Time was out of this world. I will say I have never heard them so tight on the warhorses(except for the club gig show), they blew my mind away. Go with an open mind this tour. We were soaking wet leaving the place. After the show it was SARS all over again, getting a cab was hell.

Off to the House of Blues, Duck had heard there was a possibility og maybe Ronnie and Kieth showing. The place was packed. We stayed for about an hour and left, we needed some relief. Back to Kingston Minds we went. Another good time. If you are in Chicago you have to make it there, you will not be dissapointed. We did close the place at 4:30 or so. One band pladed a song called That Ain't Right, me and nanky went crazy. When they were done he turned to the band and said, howed ya like that shit. One of the coolest blues songs i ever heard.

Off to the hotel we go........................Another 5 AM night.

Sunday was a blur, of course another wake N bake. We just made it to the airport when they were boarding.

Final thoughts.....Nanky thank you for having a sick mind just like me, you are the best. It is nice to have someone who is as simple, glad we live so close. LJ, what a perfect job of arranging a perfect weekend you fucker. That board room will live in IN FOR ME. Pam it was a pleasure. If your ever in the DC area you better call. Thank You so much. Starbuck, wish we had more time to talk, so many people so little time. Glencar where you going next? Fiji, my pleasure. Pete, Bommy, Polksalad on with the show. Duck see you in two weeks. I will say that this for me was a cross between a RO and Shidoobee thing. Ya know it does work, so it should be as one when it comes to a show. Try both parties, you'll get twiced as fucked up. One Love,One Love. I had such a great time, words can't explain. Just a perfect mix.

Ya know you meet all kinds of people on tour, some good some bad, well not bad but maybe not your kind. But I will say that I met a breath of fresh air this tour. So full of energy, so self sufficent, so different, so herself. If you ever get the opportinuty to meet sherat please do so. She is a good kid. Hats off to ya sister. Have a great ride back to SF. Also she has a pretty good voice.

What a fucking memory, everything clicked. If I forgot something or a name I am so sorry.

I bow to all of you fucking bastards.....................

Next stop Albany................................

[Edited by TomL]
September 12th, 2005 05:48 PM
SheRat Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, right back at ya. I had such a good time partying with all y'all, but Tom was my designated drinking partner on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I couldn't have asked for better.

I have a present for you--the pic of us at the Kingston.

I will PM you shortly with contact info.

Take it easy, you crazy fuck!
[Edited by SheRat]
September 12th, 2005 05:53 PM
Joey " Ya know you meet all kinds of people on tour, some good some bad, well not bad but maybe not your kind. But I will say that I met a breath of fresh air this tour. So full of energy, so self sufficent, so different, so herself. If you ever get the opportinuty to meet sherat please do so. She is a good kid. Hats off to ya sister. Have a great ride back to SF. Also she has a pretty good voice. "

www.Omahameca.com

Great Review TomL ........ it was a pleasure to read !
September 12th, 2005 06:59 PM
TomL Joey I wish I could come to Omaha, but I just bought Little Rock. I gotta stop, thats 12 and If I spend what I did in Chicago there's some bank that's gonna get robbed. Get a tix for little rock.
September 12th, 2005 07:03 PM
TomL Dude.........................Your alright..............
September 12th, 2005 07:42 PM
jb Howe was it to meet tele and Max? Grade "A" posters (not leg warmers).
September 12th, 2005 07:49 PM
SheRat
quote:
jb wrote:
Howe was it to meet tele and Max? Grade "A" posters (not leg warmers).

We did not meet max nor tele and tele is in deep shit.
September 12th, 2005 07:52 PM
jb Oh!!! What a drag!!! Have either one of them attended a show so far? Have they spread that "tingly" feeling to other "A" team posters. As a leg warmer, I couldn't be in their company, unless I was cornered in a room and really shown howe a "A" team player plays...........
September 12th, 2005 07:55 PM
nankerphelge Are you a third-leg warmer?
September 12th, 2005 07:59 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Are you a third-leg warmer?

Yep..like a walking tripod!!! You're a cool dude Nanker......but howe you do it, I'll never know!!! Are you in for MSG and Giants Stadium?
September 12th, 2005 08:01 PM
throbby JB, are you going to Giants?
September 12th, 2005 08:03 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
JB, are you going to Giants?

Yes............................
September 12th, 2005 08:19 PM
nankerphelge Nope -- trial in less than a month. Ol' nanky has to curtail his fun for a few!

I am shooting for the Jan 20th MSG show (if'n they announce it ever) and maybe a return to Chicago -- it was that good!

September 12th, 2005 08:20 PM
jb Are Max and Tele going to Chicago with you?
September 12th, 2005 08:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
SheRat wrote:

We did not meet max nor tele and tele is in deep shit.

Who's tele?
September 12th, 2005 09:09 PM
Starbuck joshie, after deciding he was going, then not going, then going, then not going, then going, maxy decided he wasn't going.

tele was just a plain no show. all can say about him is this:

he will be wearing the dress for the next few weeks.

i was disappointed that you were a no show as well. i have heard many stories about the bandana. even gypsy showed up on a teleconference call.

puggy, i hope you saw my chicago report card at maxy's. you deserved the grade you got.
September 12th, 2005 09:17 PM
jb Everyone expects some uptight arrogant lawyer type..While that's what I do for a living, t it's far from the real me. On my off time, I enjoy having fun with friends and family. I wear jeans, tee-shirts, and yes, a bandanna as I have a serious Jew fro and sweat excessively outdoors..............I think anyone who has met me in person, was pleasently surprised how down to earth I am.........I wish people wouldn't take a message board so seriously.....I am probably more libral than yuou on most issues and unfortunately, my sarcasm, is not well recieveed by some......anyway, I'm tired of the nonsense, and once this tour ends, I will really try to stop posting....all things must pass..........
September 12th, 2005 09:25 PM
Thing One
quote:
jb wrote:
Everyone expects some uptight arrogant lawyer type..While that's what I do for a living, t it's far from the real me. On my off time, I enjoy having fun with friends and family. I wear jeans, tee-shirts, and yes, a bandanna as I have a serious Jew fro and sweat excessively outdoors..............I think anyone who has met me in person, was pleasently surprised how down to earth I am.........I wish people wouldn't take a message board so seriously.....I am probably more libral than yuou on most issues and unfortunately, my sarcasm, is not well recieveed by some......anyway, I'm tired of the nonsense, and once this tour ends, I will really try to stop posting....all things must pass..........

Quoted for future reference

September 12th, 2005 09:31 PM
glencar TomL, nice meeting you too! I will be at MSG tomorrow & then a lil break & then I'm going to Hershey (most likely) & then ATL, MSG again & Fort Lauderale in March. If they'd done New Orleans, I'd have done that but it's not Florida is chopped liver...
September 12th, 2005 09:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:
Everyone expects some uptight arrogant lawyer type..While that's what I do for a living, t it's far from the real me. On my off time, I enjoy having fun with friends and family. I wear jeans, tee-shirts, and yes, a bandanna as I have a serious Jew fro and sweat excessively outdoors..............I think anyone who has met me in person, was pleasently surprised how down to earth I am.........I wish people wouldn't take a message board so seriously.....I am probably more libral than yuou on most issues and unfortunately, my sarcasm, is not well recieveed by some......anyway, I'm tired of the nonsense, and once this tour ends, I will really try to stop posting....all things must pass..........

Josh for what it's worth,all the real quality posters on these boards knows that your schtick is just that. I have heard nothing but good things about you in person. In fact you maybe shocked to hear that today I was talking to Macky on the phone,and both of us had the same impression of you as a straight up cat that likes to rub salt in the wound simply to "take the piss" out of the masses that take this shit far too seriously! Most people know that you are a genuine guy,and that your generosity knows no bounds! You're aces in my book bro,and I(as well as Maxlugar)would love to greet you in the future. I think(hope) that I'm safe to speak for Macky on this subject. I look forward to experiencing your generosity in person at some point during this tour!

Riffhard
September 12th, 2005 09:35 PM
jb Thanks Riffhard...I could not have said it better myself. We shall meet and greet sometime this tour...Are you in for both shows this week?
September 12th, 2005 09:43 PM
Riffhard I'm in at Giants,but I could not get off work for both shows. Plus,the funds are rather tight because of a recent divorce,and the purchess of a new car. If your in at Giants let's hookup in the lot. I know that throby,luxury,and I will be doing the preshow thing. The more the merrier. Are you in?

Riffhard
September 12th, 2005 09:58 PM
LadyJane Well well..where to begin.

Nanky and TomL have certainly written the script. I guess I just need to add a few highlights.

Long before the Tour was even announced, I felt that Chicago would be the perfect city for a gathering. I was right. This was a great weekend for the Stones and a great weekend for sharing the Stonesian experience with some of the greatest people I will ever know.

The hotel upgrade was hilarious. If you are ever in Chicago, please consider the Hotel 71. I really had these people convinced that I was some corporate bigwig with important clients to entertain. They hooked me up in style. Wait until you see pics of the Boardroom. Hilarious. Thanks Paul, the Hotel Manager.

Those of you that have never had the pleasure of meeting your cyberpals....I have two words of advice....DO IT. I cannot thank Parmeda enough for her hospitality. Sitting in her backyard with SheRat, Starbuck, Glencar, Nanky, TomL, Boomy, Feej and PolkSalad really warmed my heart. Kindred spirits getting together and talking FACE to FACE. What a wonderful feeling. Thanks to Parmeda's Husband as well.

Other Highlights:

--Fryday night at Buddy Guy's and Kingston Mines. The Blues the way they were meant to be heard. Great way to prepare for a Stones show.

--Chess Studios. A shrine to our heroes. If those walls could talk. It was very moving and I found myself in awe and a bit teary as I realized I was climbing the same staircase as all the legends.

--The Shidoobee Party....great to see Voodoopug, akissaway, VoodooAllie and jaggerfn1. Thanks for serenading me Pugster.

--The Show. I've always heard that the Stones and Chicago have a special bond. I witnessed it Saturday night. Magic was in the air and one could feel it. The Stones were fantastic. Yes...it was virtually the same setlist as Fenway...but it didn't matter. Each member of the Band had an "on" night. If that makes me a sheep...BAA..BAA..BAA. Mick Jagger is the greatest entertainer of all time. Bar none.

What more can I say??? Good music, Good company, Good Booze, Good Chiba and the Greatest Rock n Roll Bank in the World.

God Bless the Stones.
God Bless my beloved RO'ers.

LJ.

EXTRA SPECIAL HIGHLIGHT....GAZZA'S SURPRISE PHONE CALL TO PARMEDA'S CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!! GREAT TALKING TO YOU!!!!

September 12th, 2005 10:01 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I'm in at Giants,but I could not get off work for both shows. Plus,the funds are rather tight because of a recent divorce,and the purchess of a new car. If your in at Giants let's hookup in the lot. I know that throby,luxury,and I will be doing the preshow thing. The more the merrier. Are you in?

Riffhard

I shall be chaffeued to Giants stadium and arrive around 6:30.........I'll be pretty ripped from the 25 yr aged Scotch at the Ritz, but I would love to say ello and buy ya a few cold ones!!!
September 12th, 2005 10:02 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Well well..where to begin.

Nanky and TomL have certainly written the script. I guess I just need to add a few highlights.

Long before the Tour was even announced, I felt that Chicago would be the perfect city for a gathering. I was right. This was a great weekend for the Stones and a great weekend for sharing the Stonesian experience with some of the greatest people I will ever know.

The hotel upgrade was hilarious. If you are ever in Chicago, please consider the Hotel 71. I really had these people convinced that I was some corporate bigwig with important clients to entertain. They hooked me up in style. Wait until you see pics of the Boardroom. Hilarious. Thanks Paul, the Hotel Manager.

Those of you that have never had the pleasure of meeting your cyberpals....I have two words of advice....DO IT. I cannot thank Parmeda enough for her hospitality. Sitting in her backyard with SheRat, Starbuck, Glencar, Nanky, TomL, Boomy, Feej and PolkSalad really warmed my heart. Kindred spirits getting together and talking FACE to FACE. What a wonderful feeling. Thanks to Parmeda's Husband as well.

Other Highlights:

--Fryday night at Buddy Guy's and Kingston Mines. The Blues the way they were meant to be heard. Great way to prepare for a Stones show.

--Chess Studios. A shrine to our heroes. If those walls could talk. It was very moving and I found myself in awe and a bit teary as I realized I was climbing the same staircase as all the legends.

--The Shidoobee Party....great to see Voodoopug, akissaway, VoodooAllie and jaggerfn1. Thanks for serenading me Pugster.

--The Show. I've always heard that the Stones and Chicago have a special bond. I witnessed it Saturday night. Magic was in the air and one could feel it. The Stones were fantastic. Yes...it was virtually the same setlist as Fenway...but it didn't matter. Each member of the Band had an "on" night. If that makes me a sheep...BAA..BAA..BAA. Mick Jagger is the greatest entertainer of all time. Bar none.

What more can I say??? Good music, Good company, Good Booze, Good Chiba and the Greatest Rock n Roll Bank in the World.

God Bless the Stones.
God Bless my beloved RO'ers.

LJ.

EXTRA SPECIAL HIGHLIGHT....GAZZA'S SURPRISE PHONE CALL TO PARMEDA'S CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!! GREAT TALKING TO YOU!!!!

Howe was Tele...I really want to meet that guy!! He seems cool and has a hot girl friend!!!
September 12th, 2005 10:06 PM
LadyJane Who is tele????

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)