ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL - 10th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 12th, 2005 11:40 AM
nankerphelge glad to hear you are thick as a brick throbs!

you New Yorkers are about to get yer sox rocked. The difference between Boston and Chicago was just amazing -- I can only imagine howe much fun NYC will be!!

Wish I could be there but now my ass is pledged to my job for a couple months!

Both the Stones and the ROers raised the bar in Chicago -- NYC doesn't sleep -- I don't expect any of y'all to either!!

September 12th, 2005 11:41 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
anyone recall the interview b4 the tour when Keith said that they were gonna do a different cover each night with a different artist tribute theme each show.

I remember. That was just brainstorming, though. Don't think it ever became solidified as a tour staple, like webpoll or featured album - obviously.
September 12th, 2005 11:54 AM
Joey " Here's a fun one -- me, LJ, Pam, SheRat, TomL are standing by the beer/food line while the Los Lonely Boys were finishing up and this guy and his friend come over to me and he says, "excuse me, are you nankerphelge" -- the guy's name is Dave and he explained that he lurks some and that he actually knows Joey and turned him onto RO, and that he recognized my pic from the board! Dave and Renee, it was truly great to meet you both!! Hope to see you both again -- maybe in January! "

Seriously ?!?!?!?!

I can't recall a Dave & Renee but I guess I will have to thank them someday for turning me on to the boards .
September 12th, 2005 12:16 PM
luxury1 I cant see them!! I cant see them!! Please help!

But the header is most fine--nice seats by the B-stage, huh Pam??

Rock THrobster--I must avoid him today, as I am already sore.....
September 12th, 2005 12:17 PM
nankerphelge Yep -- I think he said his name was Dave -- said he first told you about Keno's -- and then RO.

He seemed really normal -- maybe that's why you don't remember him!!!

September 12th, 2005 12:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I cant see them!! I cant see them!! Please help!

But the header is most fine--nice seats by the B-stage, huh Pam??

Something happened as they are not avialable anymore, probably the urls changed or something, tonitgh I will put in a photobucket file or at rocksoff.org but they are 34 photos so I cannot do it now
September 12th, 2005 12:57 PM
nankerphelge I think Luxy will love the gold shirt he wore at the end of the show!
September 12th, 2005 01:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I think Luxy will love the gold shirt he wore at the end of the show!

Oh yeah!!!!

I've got to prepare my own review although Nanky's post sums up most of it.

Ladies, and I suppose some gents, Mick looked HOT in Chicago. I found myself wanting to rush the stage.

62 years old...incredible stamina....incredible charisma....and most definitely MOUNTABLE.

LJ.

September 12th, 2005 01:10 PM
nankerphelge I think it was the crowd -- I really do -- Mick was beyond fired up!!

More than a few people told me that the Chicago crowds were really into their shows -- it was apparent.

During Los Lonely Boys, they tried to get the crowd to sing along and it just wasn't happening. I thought "uh oh" buncha deadbeats -- people are gonna hate me tonite!

Boy was I wrong -- the roar of that crowd was deafening and I think the boys knew it -- each of them played with piss & vinegar -- plus with the hot night -- I was literally drenched at the end of the show. Soaked!

God I want to go to NYC!
September 12th, 2005 01:12 PM
Mid-day Rambler I've been reading and enjoying the discussions the past few weeks, ever since the tour started....

Saturday was my first show and I had a great time.....I've never seen soooo many women without bras in my life......I take that back......they don't let you into an AC/DC show unless you leave your underwear at home....

Anyway....we were at the 50 year line have way up on the west side of Soldier Field and the sound was in and out for the opening acts and got better for the Stones.

Can't believe the energy of the band as a whole....amazing....Keith brings the curve down but who wouldn't after a few blood transfusions...

The funniest line of the night for me occured just before Keith played Infamy......did anyone else catch that?.......instead of his usual...."It's good to be here....it's good to be anywhere" line......he said......."This next one is off our new album, Butta Bing, Butta Bang, Butta Boom"......

and was it me....or was Satisfaction very powerful that night?....

Mick flipping kills me with his aerobics and other ways of getting the crowd charged up.....simply awesome....

Lastly......are you guys independently wealthy, lotto winners who travel the world to see their shows.....?

I love the dedication.....!!!!!

Peace to all...

M

[Edited by Mid-day Rambler]
September 12th, 2005 01:26 PM
nankerphelge Satisfaction was great -- isn't it amazing how Mick can get an entire stadium going!?

I didn't hear what Keith said, but I could tell he was laughing as he said it.

Not independently wealthy -- I just sell off a lot of organs before a tour starts!
September 12th, 2005 01:37 PM
Mid-day Rambler Since Eddie Vedder has property in Chicago as well as Billy Corgan....I was disappointed with the opening acts......other towns are getting Pearl Jam, Black Eyed Peas, Metallica,Beck ....Buddy Guy...etc......and we got the 2 fat ass hollyweird guys and the Steve Ray Vaughan wannabee Trio.....they should have saved los lonely boys for the Texas shows....(if the Stones are going to Texas)......no worries.....I'll just pretend I showed up at 8:44 when the Stones first hit the stage.....and remember the good times....

M
September 12th, 2005 01:40 PM
luxury1 Wow--thanks for the reports all (finally!). Cant wait for the pics. Looks like I missed some party............
September 12th, 2005 01:41 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Mid-day Rambler wrote:
they should have saved los lonely boys for the Texas shows....(if the Stones are going to Texas)
M

Los Lonely Boys are opening in Houston, December 1st.
http://www.rollingstones.com/news/tour.php
September 12th, 2005 02:35 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yep -- I think he said his name was Dave -- said he first told you about Keno's -- and then RO.

He seemed really normal -- maybe that's why you don't remember him!!!

Oh Yeah , THE BRAZEN HEAD -- early March , 1999 ---- I struck up a conversation with some individuals about the upcoming Stones' show in Kansas City that April and this really cool guy told me about Keno's Website and how I should begin to post on his message board ---- the rest , as they say , is History !!!!!!

Flacky !!!!!
September 12th, 2005 02:45 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
plus with the hot night -- I was literally drenched at the end of the show. Soaked!

Smelly Ass ?!?!
September 12th, 2005 03:13 PM
nankerphelge Oh yes!
I'm sure any cabs that transported us have been scrapped!

The Brazenhead -- I am pretty sure he said something about that!

I couldn't believe he picked me out of a crowd of howe many 1000s of people!?

Must be the devil head!

September 12th, 2005 03:21 PM
Gazza Ok...hopefully these will come out OK (please let me know if they dont)..there will be quite a few over the next few minutes

Soldier Field, 10th September - photos by Parmeda

September 12th, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza

September 12th, 2005 03:25 PM
Joey "Oh yes!
I'm sure any cabs that transported us have been scrapped!"

Funny !

" The Brazenhead -- I am pretty sure he said something about that!

I couldn't believe he picked me out of a crowd of howe many 1000s of people!?

Must be the devil head! "

Amen !!!! ... That is strange ( In a good way ! ) -- I wonder if the guy lives in Chicago now ?!?! You have got good karma going this tour Nanky --- Personally , I would fly to Omaha this January if I were you ...

Developing .......................................

Flack ... Skee !

[ Edited by Baby Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
September 12th, 2005 03:39 PM
LadyJane Joeykins.....

I witnessed this event. Indeed quite interesting. You should have seen the look on Nanky's face.

Of course we'll never hear the end of "I AM an internet legend."

LMAO.

LJ.
September 12th, 2005 03:56 PM
Gazza More photos by Parmeda

September 12th, 2005 03:59 PM
nankerphelge Thanks all for the great pix!
September 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joeykins.....

I witnessed this event. Indeed quite interesting. You should have seen the look on Nanky's face.

Of course we'll never hear the end of "I AM an internet legend."

LMAO.

LJ.

The story is true !!!! I remember it vividly as it was a Thursday Evening ( about Midnight ) in early March ( Brrr ) and I had the next Friday off work .

The very next morning I clicked on Keno.Org and placed me first post ---- It was about how abysmal the " Dirty Work " album was / still is ....................

....the very next day ( Saturday ) I clicked on Keno's board once again to see if anyone had ' followed up ' and only one person had responded to my post ( The MaxLugar ) and Maxy called me a Sh##Stain !!!! Yes , we have been fighting for SIX 1/2 Friggin YEARS !!!!!

If I had never met that guy Dave then I would not be here now .

Shiver ..........................................

The Joey , Established 1999

Quality ..... Visionary ..... Joeykins ( King of the Internet )
September 12th, 2005 04:14 PM
Gazza

September 12th, 2005 04:18 PM
nankerphelge Hey girls -- get a load of lil' Mick in that second to last shot!
September 12th, 2005 04:19 PM
Gazza

September 12th, 2005 04:21 PM
Joey " get a load of lil' Mick in that second to last shot!"

September 12th, 2005 04:24 PM
Gazza Last ones from Soldier Field - thanks again, Pam

September 12th, 2005 04:31 PM
LadyJane
Between lil Mick and that Gold shirt........I need an ice bucket..immediately.

Yo Nank...what was it you said about Parmy and I discussing Mick? Sounded like we'd each grab a leg and go for the wishbone???? LMFAO.

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)