ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bebe Buell's Rebel Heart Return to archive
September 19th, 2004 02:12 AM
gorda Here are some excerpts from Bebe Buell's Rebel Heart:

“All I know is that when Mick Jagger walked in the room, my heart pounded harder than it’s ever pounded and I felt the air leave my chest! I didn’t know if Jagger was going to sing or just hang out.

He was just playing the little imp that night, running around and causing havoc with all the women there, flirting with everyone endlessly. As soon as someone’s boyfriend would turn around, he’d go over and start in on them. Johnny Podell was there with Monica Podell. Mick ran over to Monica when Johnny walked away. He whispered something and touched her, and then he ran over to Neil Smith’s wife, Babette, who was a fetching tall blond, and started telling her what he’d like to do to her. He was just going around and starting trouble. He thought nothing of having a bonk with someone in a bathroom, one of his favorite places for a quickie. As soon as he saw me, it was like Whoosh, fresh blood!

Mick flirted with me unbelievably and told me I was pretty and that I should be with him and not Todd. But, Mick says that to all the girls. He’s like a little pixie who runs around causing trouble with all the females . . .” (pgs. 56-57)

“But Mick was in an altogether different place. He wanted to kiss everybody and was rolling around.

‘C’mon Mick!’ John (Lennon) barked. ‘Leave the girl alone. Can’t you see she wants to listen to the UFO story?’

‘Fuck the UFOs!’ Mick shouted. ‘Let’s have some sex!’ (pg. 87)

“Mick was diplomatic all the way though. He didn’t like to mock David (Bowie), because he still liked to have fun with him. They used to love to pick up beautiful black girls and take them back to the hotel and have mad sex with them. As a matter of fact, one of the times, I was stupid enough to pick up my phone at 4:00 a.m. , it was them calling me. Mick was saying, “We’ve got gorgeous black men here, and we’re waiting for you.

‘Oh! I’m going to take all you on? Sounds just like me, doesn’t it, Mick?’ And I hung up. He called back again. It just went on and on . . . So finally, I just had to take the phone off the hook.” (pg. 90)

“Mick would often not hear the females in the room when the boys were around. When the men were talking, it was as if they were going to another room to have cigars and cognac after dinner; the women were definately left out. But, John (Lennon) wasn’t like that. He was attentive to the women and interested in the female viewpoint, and he appeared to be interested in the things I would say, whereas Mick would just ignore me. So John made me feel very special.” (pg. 90)

“Mick was a traditional Englishman when it came to marriage. He wanted Bianca to stay home and take care of their daughter Jade while he did what he pleased, which turned out to be seeing a lot of me, among others.” (pg. 99)

“He (Mick) had a handful of women, about five of us, his wife included, and I was one of his favorites. (pg. 101)

“Mick has absolutely zero prejudices; he loves girls of all kinds and colors equally. He’s beyond categories.” (pg. 101)

“Mick demanded a certain chic of his women. Before we went out, if he didn’t like what I was wearing, he would send me back to put on another outfit. (pg. 101-102)

“ . . . I heard another rustle and felt a body snuggling up behind me. “Who’s that?’ I whispered again, not knowing what to imagine.

‘It’s Mick. I’ve just come for a cuddle.’

‘Okay,’ I said. And he cuddled, but his desires were quite clearly less innocent than Woody’s. Mick wanted to have sex!

I said, ‘I’m tired, darling; I’ve got to go to sleep; puleeze go upstairs!’

‘It’s cold up there,’ he whined. ‘I don’t like it up there. It’s freezing up there. Please, Bebe, please.’

But, after all I had just gone through, I didnt want him there. I was too cranky and emotionally used up. I didn’t want sexual comfort, and I was ravenous for sleep. Finally, he reluctantly shuffled off. (pg. 110)

Woody and I soon developed a close relationship as brotherly mates and enjoyed our time together immensely. The only time there were any sexual shenanigans in that bed was one night when Mick jumped into bed with us. At first, it was playful, like an adolescent wrestling match. I was wearing pajamas. Woody had on some leopard-style underwear, but Mick being the ringmaster of the sexual romp was naked. With my back to Mick, I was snuggling toward Woody, when Mick reached around to touch me and touched Woody’s willy by accident. We all lept into the air. Woody screamed, “Oh my God, you touched my cock!” Mick was screaming, “Get the Valium!” I ran away from both of them, heading upstairs, where I ended up spending the night with Mick. (pg. 112)

“Mick took it upon himself to give me some personal tutoring. For instance, if we were going out to dinner, he might tell me. ‘Make sure you suggest we order the Château Rothschild 1947, because I know that menu, and it’s the best bottle of wine on the menu. I want you to study the menu and then say, ‘Oh, let’s get this one’, but make sure everyone at the table hears you.’” (pg. 119)

“One of Mick’s favorite things to do was to plan our conversations for those dinners. He would coach me to say a particular thing, which I’d do. It would often be about something nobody would have expected me to have an inkling about. Or he’d teach me a couple of lines in French and then he’d respond in French when I used them.” (pg. 119)

“Beatrice, the French girl he was keeping around, just irritated the hell out of me. I was always ribbing Mick, saying, ‘Jesus Christ, you’ll fuck anything, won’t you?’

‘She’s pretty, Bebe,’ he’d reply.

‘Yes, she’s pretty, but she’s brain-dead!’

‘Well, what do I need her brains for? I’ve got you to talk to and her to fuck! So, it’s fine. And your both named Beatrice.’ “ (pg. 119-120)

“ . . . he would bend my ear, complaining about the way Bianca treated him. After a phone conversation with her, he would often be in tears. Mick is a sensitive, sweet man, and she had the power to humiliate him in a way no other woman ever did. After his relationship with Bianca, I think he was determined never to let a woman have that crucial power over him again. That’s one reason Jerry Hall had to put up with so much misery. There was an endless battle of egos between Bianca and Mick because of all the press attention given to their physical similarities. People felt that Mick was so egocentric that he could only fall in love with another version of himself. Whatever the case, they apparently had to challenge each other all the time. Meanwhile it was rumored that Mick was having an affair with the socialite Barbara Allen, who was staying at Dick Cavett’s house, which was a few hundred yards away over the dunes. He was always wandering over to see her. I remember thinking, Why would he fly me out here and want me to stay if he’s interested in someone else? Then, I recalled his words at the Wick: “I’ve got you to talk to and her to fuck.” So, I had to accept the fact that he simply liked my company--I know he adored my energy.” (pg. 122)

On page 314, Bebe states, “I have been known to upstage Mick Jagger.” (Ha! Ha! HA! That is just too funny!!!)

Then, on page 115, she states, “Everybody seemed to revere Keith, perhaps in part because they knew what the public then was not aware of--that he was the musical genuis behind the Rolling Stonesm that the band’s sound, their songs, came primarily from him, although Mick was the only who appeared to be able to unlock them successfully. Mick is one of the greatest performers of the twentieth century, but he is also a little boy, very childish, egotistical, and flamboyant. Whereas Keith is the voice of wisdom and experience, and he has the wear and tear of an old warrior about him.”
September 19th, 2004 02:43 AM
gypsy Bebe...she's so humble...and such an intellectual woman. ha!
What about the parts of the book where she claims that Elvis Costello's songs are all about her, and he's sending her messages through his music? And my favorite--Prince's "Little Red Corvette" is about her, although she's never met him...because of the way he says "baby" like "bebe." Yeah. That's one delusional fucked-up woman. Poor Liv Tyler...luckily Bebe wasn't around very much.
[Edited by gypsy]
September 19th, 2004 03:17 AM
MarthaMyDear Todd Rundgren does NOT get the credit he deserves, IMO!!! How she came out the way she did is a mystery...

*** Martha ***
September 19th, 2004 09:08 AM
glencar Sounds like she was fun.
September 19th, 2004 09:32 AM
gorda
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
Todd Rundgren does NOT get the credit he deserves, IMO!!! How she came out the way she did is a mystery...

*** Martha ***

I agree. She did treat poor Todd Rundgren like dirt. Such a handsome, nice man. He did not deserve what he got.

I mean, if she wanted to be a hoe and have all those affairs with all those mega-stars, go ahead. But, why not break up with Todd Rundgren, first. Why break his poor little heart.
September 19th, 2004 09:37 AM
gorda I have since returned the book to the public library, so I can't tell you on what page it is on, but in one part Bebe states something about how "Todd was not living up to his responsibilities!"

LADY! THE BABY WASN'T EVEN HIS!

(I mean be grateful, he didn't kick you out on your ass. At least, he helped out. And, maybe, he did it, out of sympathy for your baby, and not you. Because, you certainly didn't deserve it.)

And, also she claims that her daughter, Liv just magically "guessed" that Steven Tyler was her father. Ha! Ha! Maybe , because, she hinted to her.

What really sucks, is how Liv changed her name to Liv Tyler instead of Liv Rungren.

That is messed up for Todd.

September 19th, 2004 09:47 AM
Make It Funky Although I haven't read the book, I do appreciate the excerpts you provided, cheers... but I think that the most interesting parts are the parts in the book that DONT involved Bebe Buelle! (dig?) I think she's a great rock and roll observer, having been the fly on the wall...but for her to claim to be the centre of things, as in first person etc.. is delusional as you said, and its' erroneous. Not that anyone would, but it'd be interesting to hear waht others would say about beign at the same parties she was at, and see if they can corroborate her stories as "embellished" as hers!?
Why is MJ such a focus? Is she fixated on him? Why is there no gag-order?

Cheers!
September 19th, 2004 10:00 AM
gorda No, I excerpted the parts on Micky, because that is what interests me.

She wrote a lot about getting it on with JImmy Page, who she compares to Satan.

She also did it with Rod Stewart!

And, Steven Tyler, who she got pregnant from.

She also claims that she was approached by Jimi Hendrix and that he invited her and a friend to his show!

Plus, she claims to have been a virgen when she did it with Todd Rundgren. (Maybe, she was . . . ) Anyways, in reading her book, it is obvious that she PLAYED poor Todd. She actually asked him for money, so she can have an affair with Jimmy Page! Can you believe it?

And, Todd gave it to her! Can you believe it? He gave her the money to stay in London, plus an airline ticket! And, told her to do whatever she wanted and that he would go home and wait for her! (Stupid! There are times when it's good to be proud and you need to tell the person off! Todd that moment would have been an appropriate moment for you to go tell her to go &*^)* herself.)

And, another time, she was in San Francisco, stranded and pissed at Todd! Lady, you're fucking "other guys"! What do you expect? For him to come running to save you each time!

Although, Led Zeppelin is a cool band, by the way.
[Edited by gorda]
September 19th, 2004 01:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot EEeeeeeeewwww.

Bebe was a looker...but man...she slept with Steven Tyler.

I wouldn't fuck her with your dick.
September 19th, 2004 02:20 PM
gorda And, another time, she took this singer named "Iggy Pop", and let him borrow Todd Rundgren's clothes! Then, they went out to a restaurant, where they took a picture and it was put up on the wall for everyone to see!

Lady! You are lucky that you weren't living in Latin America! Until recently, in Brazil, it was legal for a husband to kill his wife, if she had been unfaithful!

And, in Mexico, if a husband beats up his wife, and she goes to the police station, the police will tell her to go home and obey her husband!

Now, that is to the extreme and I don't condon domestic violence, but sometimes a "slap across the face" will save the marriage!!!

Ha! Ha!

That or dump the hoe! Her pussy can't be that good . . .
September 19th, 2004 03:10 PM
gorda I am not making this up!

This is true!

"The most significant legal event to date for the Brazilian women's movement was the March 1991 murder trial and appeal of Joao Lopes.13 In this case, the Superior Tribunal da Justica, Brazil's highest appellate court, rejected the legitima defesada honra, the so-called legitimate defense [End of Page 532] of honor.14 This defense legitimated a husband's15 killing of his allegedly adulterous wife by offering him impunity.16 This potentially portentous decision, however, survived barely five months. On remand, the State Court of Parana ignored the Superior Tribunal's opinion and acquitted the defendant, Joao Lopes, on August 29, 1991.17 Following the lower court's decision, Lopes became ineffective as a tool to promote women's right to basic human rights in Brazil. What does Lopes really mean for feminists whose hard-fought battle opposing violence against women is obviously not yet over? For Brazilian women whose lives are valued less than the "honor" of their husbands and lovers? For the Brazilian legal system itself?"

If you want to read the rest of this article, go to:

http://www.law-lib.utoronto.ca/Dian...lltext/nels.htm

Or just do a search on domestic violence against women in Brazil and you can read more about it.

[Edited by gorda]
September 19th, 2004 03:16 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
gorda wrote:
I am not making this up!

This is true!

"The most significant legal event to date for the Brazilian women's movement was the March 1991 murder trial and appeal of Joao Lopes.13 In this case, the Superior Tribunal da Justica, Brazil's highest appellate court, rejected the legitima defesada honra, the so-called legitimate defense [End of Page 532] of honor.14 This defense legitimated a husband's15 killing of his allegedly adulterous wife by offering him impunity.16 This potentially portentous decision, however, survived barely five months. On remand, the State Court of Parana ignored the Superior Tribunal's opinion and acquitted the defendant, Joao Lopes, on August 29, 1991.17 Following the lower court's decision, Lopes became ineffective as a tool to promote women's right to basic human rights in Brazil. What does Lopes really mean for feminists whose hard-fought battle opposing violence against women is obviously not yet over? For Brazilian women whose lives are valued less than the "honor" of their husbands and lovers? For the Brazilian legal system itself?"

If you want to read more about Brazil's legitima defesada honra, go to:

http://www.law-lib.utoronto.ca/Dian...lltext/nels.htm

gorda - you are right - but don't expect anyone here to have a clue, or be inclined to take the time to get one.

September 19th, 2004 03:21 PM
gorda In reference to your last comment, were trying to be funny?

Because, it isn't funny at all.

Because, the people that are treated worse than women are transsexuals!

Quite often, you will read horror stories of them being victimized by their "johns".

And, this isn't just in Latin America. Here in Northern California, this young transsexual in her twenties was brutally killed by a gang of young men who frequented her services!
September 19th, 2004 03:23 PM
gorda Oh, my God!

I just realized something.

I finally figured out the ending to the movie Performance!

My God! It is as plain as day!

How could I have not realized this before?

Gosh!

September 19th, 2004 04:13 PM
gypsy groupie.com has their own message board, and Bebe is known to post there quite often.
September 19th, 2004 04:30 PM
MarthaMyDear Um, gorda... Just in case you don't know... You're not kidding
anyone around here... We know you're someone we know hiding
behind a different screen name... I'm sorry to see you have so
much free time on your hands and it's really only a matter of
time for you (if we're all lucky, obviously)... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
September 19th, 2004 04:33 PM
gypsy Thanks, MMD. Gorda, you're taking up every damn thread. It's fucking annoying. You're annoying. I would like to reach through the computer screen and knock your head off.
September 19th, 2004 04:37 PM
MarthaMyDear That's what I was going to say... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!! I would
like to reach through the computer screen and knock her gorda
off. LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!! Jeze... lol......... I mean, Christ...
lol........ :P LOL!!!!!!!!!

*** Martha ***
September 19th, 2004 04:44 PM
MarthaMyDear Sigh...

*** Martha ***
September 19th, 2004 04:45 PM
Moonisup
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, MMD. Gorda, you're taking up every damn thread. It's fucking annoying. You're annoying. I would like to reach through the computer screen and knock your head off.

:P it's just a female jb
September 19th, 2004 05:02 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, MMD. Gorda, you're taking up every damn thread. It's fucking annoying. You're annoying. I would like to reach through the computer screen and knock your head off.

Thank God...it's not just me. Whew.

And MMD...AMEN to your first post!

WE are not easily fooled.

LJ.
September 19th, 2004 05:10 PM
gypsy Gorda has started six threads since last night!
September 19th, 2004 05:37 PM
justforyou Thanks to gorda for creating an interesting thread... and as for knowing who is behind a name, does it matter ?

So I must be a low down gossip freak, but that book's gotta be a good read!
September 19th, 2004 05:56 PM
gypsy The book sucks. Bebe was pretty, but not stunning. She thinks she's better than Pamela des Barres. She was nothing but a groupie. She just doesn't know it, or she is in denial about it.
Her book is like reading "me me me me me me me...oh, and me!"
She is a real idiot. I can't believe she needed a ghostwriter for her stupid book.
She complains that no man helped her to become a great singer. She says "Where was my Chris Stein? Debbie Harry had Chris Stein." Something to that effect anyhow.
If you've ever heard Bebe sing, you'll understand why nobody would really ever encourage her to pursue a musical career.
She talks about dating Stiv Bators...even has a pic of Liv as a toddler sitting in a bed with Stiv. Then she proceeds to tell all about how Stiv was just this dork in love with her...blah blah blah. But she never mentions that Stiv died, or how he died. I read that in Pamela des Barres' book "Rock Bottom." I found it odd that Bebe left this interesting tidbit out of her book.
She makes fun of Cyrinda Foxe Tyler (who is Mia's mom, and is dead now)...makes fun of Steven's current wife, Teresa.
If you read the book, you'll notice that NOBODY famous ever asked her to marry them.
She aborted two or three of Elvis Costello's babies...but wishes she hadn't have...because then she would be with Elvis--her one true love.
Pamela is a far better writer, whereas Bebe lets you know on every page that the reader cannot relate to her, because she is just so beautiful and everyone wants her, et al.
Pamela has a self-deprecating wit, and never claimed to be more than a groupie.
I admire her honesty. She's not living in a dream world like Bebe.
September 19th, 2004 06:23 PM
LadyJane gyps.....check your e-mail.

LJ.
September 19th, 2004 10:04 PM
Soldatti Gorda is creative at least!
September 20th, 2004 06:23 PM
gustavobala sorry, but this in brazil is not usually for many, many decades...

this lawyer use this to call the atention or he is a mad...

sorry, but we not too pre-historical...(see the decision of superior tribunal of justice!!!)