ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Tune....Blue? Return to archive
September 18th, 2004 05:16 PM
gimmekeef I downloaded an mp3 type ITune song for 99 cents under the Jagger category.It's called "Blue"...and listed as import.I actually think its pretty good with some harp in it...Anyone know its origin or when it was recorded?..Thanks
September 18th, 2004 09:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I downloaded an mp3 type ITune song for 99 cents under the Jagger category.It's called "Blue"...and listed as import.I actually think its pretty good with some harp in it...Anyone know its origin or when it was recorded?..Thanks

"with some harp..." hmm, with some slide guitar too, right? As far as I know, Sir Jagger played slides on this song. One of his best solo tunes

"Blue" was included only in the German "Goddess in the Doorway" and "If things could be different" in the Japanese one.....

damn....they could swap these two tracks for "Lucky Day" and "Hide Away", the worst "works" from GID, IMO.
September 18th, 2004 09:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "Blue" was also a single released in the Netherland, great blues a must!
September 18th, 2004 09:31 PM
gypsy Voodoo, you need to check the "gorda" posts...this girl thinks you can make her famous or something.
September 18th, 2004 11:35 PM
Soldatti Blue is amazing, great riff, great harmonica, catchy chours... a 10 points tune.
Imagine Goddess with this one and "If Things Could Be Different". A little better album there...
September 19th, 2004 07:28 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Blue is amazing, great riff, great harmonica, catchy chours... a 10 points tune.
Imagine Goddess with this one and "If Things Could Be Different". A little better album there...

Exactly amigo..... Hey, how are the things down there my Argentinean brother?

We must talk buddy!

Cheers!
September 19th, 2004 08:55 AM
gimmekeef Thanks everyone for thr info..How can I get the other song..."If things could be different"(?)?
September 19th, 2004 09:02 AM
glencar Try amazon.com. It was the flipside of one of his singles from that album.
September 19th, 2004 01:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Hey, how are the things down there my Argentinean brother?

Here we are, better now. The economy had a little boost and the things are going pretty good. The main problem is the insecurity but I have faith.
We are waiting for the Stones here, many fans are dying for see the band.
September 19th, 2004 02:25 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thanks everyone for thr info..How can I get the other song..."If things could be different"(?)?

Gimme your e-mail address fellow! I'll send for ya. Don't forget, PM.

best regards!
September 20th, 2004 04:13 PM
J.J.Flash Tell me if you are interested and then I will send via e-mail for you.
September 20th, 2004 05:02 PM
J.J.Flash Delete that message with your addy. I have already taken note.

I will send after the dinner!

See ya!
September 20th, 2004 05:47 PM
Saint Sway I hated Dog Shit In The Doorway. But "Blue" is a great song!!

I love hearing Mick sing with that old twangy drawl. The songs very well constructed. Its rootsy but slinky. Country but still modern. Sort of reminds me of one of those Ryan Adams songs where he tries to sound like countrified Stones.

we need more tunes like this out of the Stones camp. And a whole lot less of crap like "Visions Of Paradise" and "Keys to Your Love"
September 20th, 2004 08:11 PM
Soldatti I like "Keys To Your Love". Great song!
September 21st, 2004 06:16 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I like "Keys To Your Love". Great song!

Yes, me too. I prefer "Keys..." instead of "Stealing My Heart"
September 21st, 2004 06:59 AM
egon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
"Blue" was also a single released in the Netherland, great blues a must!

you mean it was a "b-side", right?
September 21st, 2004 07:01 AM
egon
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Yes, me too. I prefer "Keys..." instead of "Stealing My Heart"

come on, that song sucks harder than a nilvisk!
September 21st, 2004 08:01 AM
Voja It's one of the best solo Jaggers songs ever!
September 21st, 2004 08:09 AM
FotiniD Hey Voja! I haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?

And yes, Blue is one of the best songs Mick has done solo. I really wonder why it wasn't include in the official GITD.

September 21st, 2004 02:40 PM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Hey Voja! I haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?

And yes, Blue is one of the best songs Mick has done solo. I really wonder why it wasn't include in the official GITD.

Alas, Blue was a great poster once...
September 21st, 2004 03:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:

Alas, Blue was a great poster once...

aka Glencar, isn't it? Cheers!
September 21st, 2004 03:43 PM
F505 'Blue' like most of the excellent blues songs Jagger/Richards have written in the past years (The Storm, Fancy Man Blues...) never appeared on any album. I suppose Jagger/Richards think bluessongs are not commercial enough so therefore make b-sides of it which in fact is a great mistake. Down In The Hole and Black Limousine f.e. are great albums tracks...
[Edited by F505]
September 21st, 2004 03:59 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
'Blue' like most of the excellent blues songs Jagger/Richards have written in the past years (The Storm, Fancy Man Blues...) never appeared on any album. I suppose Jagger/Richards think bluessongs are not commercial enough so therefore make b-sides of it which in fact is a great mistake. Down In The Hole and Black Limousine f.e. are great albums tracks...
[Edited by F505]

"Down in the Hole", one of my fave songs of all time.... thanks for remembering me.
September 21st, 2004 04:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
F505 wrote:
I suppose Jagger/Richards think bluessongs are not commercial enough so therefore make b-sides of it which in fact is a great mistake.

exactly, it's a damn shame too, some of those B-side Blues rank amongst their best modern works, IMO of coarse
September 21st, 2004 04:28 PM
jb Blue...Glencar....Blues clue?
September 21st, 2004 06:56 PM
gotdablouse I say F*&*& Chuck "plinky" Leavell, Matt Clifford and Dave Stewarr, stop these mega tours, get a hold of Billy Preston and record some mean blues and soul tunes before it's too late!
September 21st, 2004 08:04 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
I say F*&*& Chuck "plinky" Leavell, Matt Clifford and Dave Stewarr, stop these mega tours, get a hold of Billy Preston and record some mean blues and soul tunes before it's too late!

Yeah!
What about Melody part 2?