ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Silly previous rumors,Thankful for Charlie, and how fortunate we all now realise we are........From Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 18th, 2004 04:20 PM
IanBillen
You know, how about what everyone (including me), and one Rolling Stones official publicist said about Charlie in reguards to his cancelling his tour dates arlier this summer. It was stated that other plans had come up with the Rolling Stones. In reality, or in actuality, he was undergoing diagnosis, and then an operation of throat cancer! Then he was getting radiation treatment and taking medications for it and all such and we had no clue of anything.
How about all the posters who said they were working on an album or the new album is basically done, or someone they new heard the new album stuff. And that is after all the rumors about an "Out Takes" album had subsided.
What liars who said they knew or heard first hand. Now they are nowhere in site (pun intentended) Many of us really don't know what is truly going on for the most part and The Rolling Stones keep things underwraps entirely when they choose to.
Now the really good news of all this is...
(keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on every wood
object around) Charlie seems to be making it and in process and at the end of a full recovery!!!!
I still can't believe how fortunate he is. And we as
fans are to most likely keep our great drummer around.
Without him there is absolutely no chance of any Rolling
Stones tour. It could of been so much worse right now.
But it is all healthy news from Charlie. I feel so
fortunate and I do really think the next time we see
The Stones we will realise just how fortunate we are
to have these guys around still doing what they are
doing.
Ian
September 18th, 2004 06:19 PM
BILL PERKS YOU TRULY ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND
September 18th, 2004 06:40 PM
kath nice post ianbillen. thank you.
September 18th, 2004 10:10 PM
gypsy I'm scared. You really are a stalker, Ian.
*please say you don't go by both your first and middle name...please please please*
September 18th, 2004 11:09 PM
Soldatti disconcerting post...
September 20th, 2004 06:00 AM
scratched The ramblings of a madman.
September 20th, 2004 06:08 AM
FotiniD Umm, is he saying anything wrong?!
I mean, couldn't it be that the announcement had to do with Charlie's health?
Or am I missing something?
September 20th, 2004 06:19 AM
Zack >Charlie seems to be making it and in process and at the end of a full recovery!!!! I still can't believe how fortunate he is. And we as fans are to most likely keep our great drummer around.

Bad karma! Bad karma!

If Charlie is fine then he's fine, full stop! Saying shit like this is just so not necessary and creepy. (That's what's wrong, Fotini.)
September 20th, 2004 07:58 AM
Gazza >You know, how about what everyone (including me), and one Rolling Stones official publicist said about Charlie in reguards to his cancelling his tour dates arlier this summer. It was stated that other plans had come up with the Rolling Stones. In reality, or in actuality, he was undergoing diagnosis, and then an operation of throat cancer! Then he was getting radiation treatment and taking medications for it and all such and we had no clue of anything.

well..the thing is Ian, no one other than probably a TINY amount of people close to Charlie or the band really knows for sure what the exact timeline for all of these things were (ie when he was diagnosed, when he decided to cancel shows - ie, whether it WAS in preparation for Stones activity or because he was ill). Nor should we have the right to have a clue about anything until things are confirmed and definite... the same applies to someone's health as well as their work plans. So, if they covered Charlie's health problems by saying he'd cancelled shows for other reasons, then good for them. If it meant giving the man some privacy for a few more months before the press started photographing him coming out of radiotherapy treatment, then I'm all for that kind of misinformation.

>How about all the posters who said they were working on an album or the new album is basically done, or someone they new heard the new album stuff.

I think you'll find that these people were rubbished and exposed as bullshitters by anyone with a shred of commonsense and reality within minutes of them posting. From what I recall, some people persisted in feeding their ego by not only wanting to know what the songs sounded like, but what frame of mind the band were in and even what they were thinking about regarding how important it was for them to make a great record.

>And that is after all the rumors about an "Out Takes" album had subsided.

I wouldnt be so dismissive about what the content of the next Stones album will be. The Stones did rough work on about 20 or more songs in Paris two years ago and its quite conceivable that the demos and material from those sessions would be carried over to future sessions. That's often been the way they work (Exile and Tattoo You to name but two albums) They wouldnt have bashed out all those demos for nothing, knowing all the while they were going to only use a maximum of four of them for "40 Licks".

[Edited by Gazza]
September 20th, 2004 08:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zack wrote:
Bad karma! Bad karma!

If Charlie is fine then he's fine, full stop! Saying shit like this is just so not necessary and creepy. (That's what's wrong, Fotini.)

Ok, I agree, but I think it wasn't meant exactly like this... hopefully some wrong syntax?
September 20th, 2004 09:06 AM
erikjjf Charlie was diagnosed in June.
In April, when The Tentet played at Ronnie Scott's, Charlie said that his planned Summer tour was scrapped due to Stones activities. Just my two cents.
September 20th, 2004 09:59 AM
jb My understanding is that they planned to open the tour at a theatre show at the Trocedero in Philadelphia on Feb 8th, 2005. I still believe this to be the case as it was posted by someone who seemed very well connected to the band.
September 20th, 2004 12:09 PM
IanBillen
Once again, I really do not see what is so "mad" about this post???
I am tired of getting the finger pointed at me by a select group of amatuers who have nothing better to do with their time except make snide remarks and point the finger at me.

Why don't one of you dig down deep in the creation section of your soul, if their is any creativity down there, and post a topis about something that is
A. Positive
B. Having some originality or real reference to the band

It is very factual that all these select group of folks from this board have done since I have been visiting here is cut people down or rake on me for everything I ever write or post here.
Try and post a topic. Try and come up with something other than remarks that have no basis.
Don't you visit the board for anything else than making comments and making others out to be A*holes?
Look closely,
Then try to come up with a post.
Ian
September 20th, 2004 12:10 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>You know, how about what everyone (including me), and one Rolling Stones official publicist said about Charlie in reguards to his cancelling his tour dates arlier this summer. It was stated that other plans had come up with the Rolling Stones. In reality, or in actuality, he was undergoing diagnosis, and then an operation of throat cancer! Then he was getting radiation treatment and taking medications for it and all such and we had no clue of anything.

well..the thing is Ian, no one other than probably a TINY amount of people close to Charlie or the band really knows for sure what the exact timeline for all of these things were (ie when he was diagnosed, when he decided to cancel shows - ie, whether it WAS in preparation for Stones activity or because he was ill). Nor should we have the right to have a clue about anything until things are confirmed and definite... the same applies to someone's health as well as their work plans. So, if they covered Charlie's health problems by saying he'd cancelled shows for other reasons, then good for them. If it meant giving the man some privacy for a few more months before the press started photographing him coming out of radiotherapy treatment, then I'm all for that kind of misinformation.

>How about all the posters who said they were working on an album or the new album is basically done, or someone they new heard the new album stuff.

I think you'll find that these people were rubbished and exposed as bullshitters by anyone with a shred of commonsense and reality within minutes of them posting. From what I recall, some people persisted in feeding their ego by not only wanting to know what the songs sounded like, but what frame of mind the band were in and even what they were thinking about regarding how important it was for them to make a great record.

>And that is after all the rumors about an "Out Takes" album had subsided.

I wouldnt be so dismissive about what the content of the next Stones album will be. The Stones did rough work on about 20 or more songs in Paris two years ago and its quite conceivable that the demos and material from those sessions would be carried over to future sessions. That's often been the way they work (Exile and Tattoo You to name but two albums) They wouldnt have bashed out all those demos for nothing, knowing all the while they were going to only use a maximum of four of them for "40 Licks".

True very true. But Gazza I meant out-takes people spoke of from the seventies through steel wheels, voodoo, and bridges.
I'll reply more later on this.
Ian

[Edited by Gazza]

September 20th, 2004 01:30 PM
kath i guess i am still a newbie here, but i didn't see anything wrong with the post. maybe there is some history here i am unaware of....

what erik posted was accurate as to timeline, but that isn't news....it's been on the boards as long as we have known about the problem.

point is, let's just move on....maybe they will tour again. if they do, that'd be great! if they don't, then they deserve to be able to put their feet up and call it a day.

they've given us tons of stuff to listen to, bitch about and live our lives to for generations to come.
September 20th, 2004 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
i guess i am still a newbie here, but i didn't see anything wrong with the post. maybe there is some history here i am unaware of....

what erik posted was accurate as to timeline, but that isn't news....it's been on the boards as long as we have known about the problem.

point is, let's just move on....maybe they will tour again. if they do, that'd be great! if they don't, then they deserve to be able to put their feet up and call it a day.

they've given us tons of stuff to listen to, bitch about and live our lives to for generations to come.

Ian Billen is a great man and a real asset to the board...we(the jewish people) respect and admire his posting.
September 20th, 2004 02:27 PM
kath josh, you are really pushing buttons today, aren't you?
September 20th, 2004 02:49 PM
gypsy I hate IanBillen with every fiber of my being.
September 20th, 2004 03:30 PM
jb Gypsy is very sexy Ian...
September 20th, 2004 03:41 PM
gypsy Thanks, jb. But I think Ian went to Howe.
September 20th, 2004 03:41 PM
nankerphelge What a fucked up thread.

Of course, Ian started it!

By the way -- killed another keg of Newcastle today!

Second one in about 3 weeks!!

Nice!!
September 20th, 2004 03:48 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Once again, I really do not see what is so "mad" about this post???
I am tired of getting the finger pointed at me by a select group of amatuers who have nothing better to do with their time except make snide remarks and point the finger at me.

Why don't one of you dig down deep in the creation section of your soul, if their is any creativity down there, and post a topis about something that is
A. Positive
B. Having some originality or real reference to the band

September 20th, 2004 04:03 PM
Joey

Lambchop ....................................

..it rhymes with " gassy "

Shecky !
September 20th, 2004 08:10 PM
Soldatti The post isn't it so bad, at least he have hope!
September 20th, 2004 09:37 PM
kath another beaut of a graphic from lambie!
September 20th, 2004 10:21 PM
corgi37 Boring!
September 20th, 2004 10:59 PM
Soldatti Yeah corgi...
September 20th, 2004 11:00 PM
MP The bloody post is too long...that's what's wrong with it.
September 21st, 2004 07:13 PM
gotdablouse Ian, George Harrison called, he says he wants his karma back ;-)

Seriously, why do you insist on putting "...from Ian" in the title of each of your messages ?! This is mind-boggling! When you start a thread your name will appear in full right next to the title of the thread. Also, where are you located, sounds like you could be French like I am?
September 21st, 2004 07:26 PM
IanBillen
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Ian, George Harrison called, he says he wants his karma back ;-)

Seriously, why do you insist on putting "...from Ian" in the title of each of your messages ?! This is mind-boggling! When you start a thread your name will appear in full right next to the title of the thread. Also, where are you located, sounds like you could be French like I am?

No Sir, I am in the States. I always wanted to go to Paris. There is only one picture in my entire living room. And I have a real good size living room. The picture is from a bridge runs with a certain river. I want to say the river...."Si"?
Not sure. anyway the picture is a panoramic and is in black and white with the tower to the right.
The only other thing is above my fire place where I have the collecters edition of Forty Licks sitting up there.
I put from Ian by habit because that is how I do my e-mails as well.
Ian
Page: 1 2