ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The word "Gorda"! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 18th, 2004 04:02 AM
gorda The word "Gorda" means "Fat" in Spanish and also in Porteguese.

Also, "gorda" is another word for a thick corn tortilla that has a filling inside.

The ingredients for the fillings are endless:

Meats with Spices: Chile Verde (Pork with Green Chiles) Pollo con Mole (Chicken with Red Chile Sauce), Chorizo Sausages, Eggs, Cheese, Potatoes, Nopales (Cactus), etc.

My favorite is just fried pinto beans and goat cheese.

P.S. The Gordita at Taco Bell is NOT real Mexican cuisine!
[Edited by gorda]
September 18th, 2004 04:07 AM
gorda I also like chorizo sausage, eggs and potatoes all mixed up.

Or eggs and nopales (cactus).

Or sometimes, just melted butter and salt.

Tastes soooooooooo good!

I'm hungry!
September 18th, 2004 05:25 AM
egon boring weekend?
September 18th, 2004 06:21 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
egon wrote:
boring weekend?

September 18th, 2004 10:39 AM
gustavobala "gorda" is a female word, "gordo" is a male word

ohh yes, in portuguese is fat too...

are you brazilian?
September 18th, 2004 11:40 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
"gorda" is a female word, "gordo" is a male word

ohh yes, in portuguese is fat too...

are you brazilian?

Gustavo, mais um brasileiro aqui. Orgulhosamente, vamos encher esse FORUM de Stones addicted guys!

Mande uma PM. Um abraço!
September 18th, 2004 12:21 PM
gypsy Can you get them gorda things at the county fair? Personally, I prefer funnel cakes...but sometimes the line is too long, so I might just get me a gorda.
September 18th, 2004 02:04 PM
gorda There is this Mexican chain of restaurants in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico that sells only "gorditas". I have forgotten the name of the restaurant.

Here in the U.S., a few traditional Mexican restaurants sell them. But, usually, it's something that moms make for their kids at home.

Like American moms make sandwiches for their kids.
[Edited by gorda]
September 18th, 2004 03:52 PM
Bloozehound I made chicken-cheese stuffed chile rellenos for dinner last night mmmmm

September 18th, 2004 09:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gorda wrote:
P.S. The Gordita at Taco Bell is NOT real Mexican cuisine!

Not just the gorditas there but everything there is not Mexican food, that's why we don't have Taco Bells here but a lot of KFC and McDonalds etc

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
September 18th, 2004 09:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gorda wrote:
There is this Mexican chain of restaurants in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico that sells only "gorditas". I have forgotten the name of the restaurant.

This is not from Guadalajara but from Ciudad Victoria and they are good but not as good as the one you can buy on the streets of some small towns
September 18th, 2004 09:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
September 18th, 2004 09:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

The above are gorditas... and these are gordas

September 18th, 2004 09:55 PM
gypsy Ha! You've outdone yourself yet again, Voodoo!
Love the pic.
September 18th, 2004 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another free Spanish lesson from professor Chile

¿ya le van agarrando?

¿Tú sí verdad Gorda?
September 18th, 2004 10:08 PM
gypsy Four fucking years of Spanish, and I know nothing! Believe it or not, I was the best in my Spanish Class all four years. You can't learn a language by devoting one hour a day to it. You must live in that country for a while in order to really learn the native language.
September 18th, 2004 11:45 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Four fucking years of Spanish, and I know nothing! Believe it or not, I was the best in my Spanish Class all four years. You can't learn a language by devoting one hour a day to it. You must live in that country for a while in order to really learn the native language.

Estás segura? (Are you sure?)
September 18th, 2004 11:53 PM
gypsy Si.
September 19th, 2004 12:19 AM
Soldatti You're a spanish teacher!
September 19th, 2004 01:30 AM
gorda ¡Ay¡ ¡VoodooChileInWonder!

¿A poco tú estas tán bueno?

¡A ver quiero ver una foto de tí en chones!

¡No Manches, Guay!

Te apuesto que ni esas pinche gordas te pelan!

¡Ja! ¡Ja¡

¡JA!
September 19th, 2004 02:11 AM
sirmoonie Como se dice "doesn't feel like a fucking quarter to me, Manuel" en Espanol?

Thanko ino advanceo!

sirmoonie
September 19th, 2004 02:22 AM
Bloozehound

whoooaa hubba bubba

those r some heavy hitters right there

too many gorditas
September 19th, 2004 02:28 AM
gorda Yeah, they could probably kick your ass!

Hey, they wouldn't even have to do that!

All they would have to do is jump on top of you, and that would probably be the end of you!

Ha! Ha!

HA!
[Edited by gorda]
September 19th, 2004 02:35 AM
gypsy gorda, you're so witty.

Throw a couple of Little Debbie Snack Cakes at 'em, and then run.
Actually, I think it's funny when people think big people must be strong...cuz they're really not...they're fat and slow...it's those lanky motherfuckers you gotta watch out for...they're lean and fast.
September 19th, 2004 03:14 AM
littleredrooster Las Little Debbies!!!!!!!!!
Tu dames un gordo grande por Roostah!!!!

Aye!
September 19th, 2004 03:29 AM
sirmoonie Como se dice "the white boy can hoop" en Espanol?

Thanko ino advanceo!
September 19th, 2004 07:06 AM
egon
quote:
gypsy wrote:
You must live in that country for a while in order to really learn the native language.

like me living in france for 3 years. every time i tell the locals that i'm not french, they fall of their chairs in dis-believe.

really, i am THAT fluent...
September 19th, 2004 10:17 AM
gorda
quote:
egon wrote:

like me living in france for 3 years. every time i tell the locals that i'm not french, they fall of their chairs in dis-believe.

really, i am THAT fluent...

I used to think that I spoke French until I went to France, and I was informed differently.

P.S. People that learn to speak a language before the age 12, will speak it like a native. If one learns another language after the age of 13, one will probably have an accent and will never speak like a native.

Although, it's weird, in Italy, all over Italy, I was told that my Italian pronunciation was perfect. (Although, I am far from fluent.) I just learned from watching RAI international on the TV!

September 19th, 2004 10:28 AM
gorda
quote:
gypsy wrote:
gorda, you're so witty.

Throw a couple of Little Debbie Snack Cakes at 'em, and then run.
Actually, I think it's funny when people think big people must be strong...cuz they're really not...they're fat and slow...it's those lanky motherfuckers you gotta watch out for...they're lean and fast.

Well it all depends. It all depends on body fat ratio and lean muscle tissue, etc. Muscle weighs more than fat.

So, a person can weigh very little, but have a high fat percentage. While a person can weigh a lot more, but have a lower fat percentage.

Just because a person is "skinny", it doesn't mean they are healthy.

And, just because a person is "fat", it doesn't mean they are totally out of shape.

It's sad though. They are so young!

A while back I saw this show on MTV, about this 21 year old girl who had lost like over 100 lbs. Anyways, her face, legs, and arms all shrunk back to normal. Except for her stomach! It was all stretched out! She had loose skin hanging to her knees! It was hideous! She had to have a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin! They removed like 15 lbs of excess skin!

September 19th, 2004 01:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot And all this time I thought "Gorda" was a bizzare, arcane Japanese monster that was soundly defeated by "Godzilla" or "Mothra".

Either that, or a Spanish slang word for testicle.

You know, the Japanese just don't make movies like they used to.

Page: 1 2