ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leo Gregory to star as guitarist Brian Jones Return to archive
September 18th, 2004 12:48 AM
CS More about this movie

Leo Gregory to star as guitarist Brian Jones

Staff and agencies
Friday September 17, 2004

The Wild and Wycked World of Brian Jones, Stephen Wooley's debut as a director after 20 years as a producer, will see British actor Leo Gregory to star as the titular guitarist.

Several actors including Paul Bettany and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers have been linked to the role of Jones since Wooley announced his intention to document the life (and death) of the late Rolling Stones guitarist, who drowned in his swimming pool in 1969 - but the part has now gone to Gregory, whose CV includes this summer's Suzie Gold and the forthcoming football-hooligan drama The Yank.

Gregory will appear in the film alongside Paddy Considine - cast as Frank Thoroughgood, the builder who allegedly confessed to killing Jones on his deathbed - and David Morrissey, who will play Jones's minder Tom. The roles of Mick Jagger and Jones's girlfriend Anita Pallenberg have yet to be cast.

David Boreanaz, star of TV's Angel, is to star in heist drama The Hard Easy. Boreanaz will play an unethical, Ivy League-educated stock trader who agrees to rob a jewellery store in the attempt to pay off huge losses at his firm. The project is to co-star Henry Thomas and Bruce Dern, and is being directed by debutant Ari Ryan.

Jim Carrey is to receive the American Film Institute Star Award at next February's US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado. Carrey will be presented with the award at a career tribute event introduced by talk-show host Conan O'Brien. Previous recipients of the AFI Star Award have included Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Mike Myers and the collected members of Monty Python.
September 18th, 2004 10:26 AM
glencar Not much of a record so far: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339877/
September 18th, 2004 10:27 AM
egon gleny,

your avatar really goes with the yellow letters.
a good choise if i may say so myself.
September 18th, 2004 10:35 AM
caro
Leo Gregory, from www.imdb.com

Oh well...
I hate the idea of someone making a film out of the Stones' story, but I suppose the material is just too good not to cash in on it.
September 18th, 2004 10:38 AM
glencar Yes, I think it's a great choice myself, egon! Hands across the water...
September 18th, 2004 10:38 AM
glencar Wasn't Brad Pitt supposed to do this role about 7 years ago?
September 18th, 2004 10:47 AM
caro Yep, Brad Pitt as Brian, and Johnny Depp as Keith. A brilliant and bold casting choice based on the fact that Brad, like Brian, is blonde and Johnny, like Keith, has brown hair.
September 18th, 2004 12:27 PM
gypsy Hmmm. But who to play Anita? Sienna Miller? Scarlett Johanssen to play Marianne?
Ideas?
September 18th, 2004 09:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. As Anita?

My favourite --- Kirsten Dunst!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
September 18th, 2004 11:27 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the story
September 18th, 2004 11:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
CS wrote:
David Boreanaz, star of TV's Angel

The vampire...?
September 20th, 2004 12:18 PM
stewed & Keefed Looks like Ben Whishaw (who recently played Hamlet on the London stage) is playing Keith Richards.
September 20th, 2004 12:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Hmmm. But who to play Anita? Sienna Miller? Scarlett Johanssen to play Marianne?
Ideas?

Someone with a really nice set of potatoes
September 20th, 2004 12:35 PM
stewed & Keefed BEN WHISHAW

Shooting starts Sept. 26 in London.
The film is set in the final few weeks of Jones' life, focusing on his intense and deteriorating relationship with Thorogood, flashing back to his childhood and the early days of the Stones

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
September 20th, 2004 12:45 PM
Scottfree
quote:
caro wrote:
Yep, Brad Pitt as Brian, and Johnny Depp as Keith. A brilliant and bold casting choice based on the fact that Brad, like Brian, is blonde and Johnny, like Keith, has brown hair.

That my friend is Hugh Moore.....
September 20th, 2004 04:02 PM
magicwoman looks like a handsome guy that Ben whishaw i think he's gonna look like keith very much in the movie
i am so curious ill hope the movie comes to Holland!