ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: juke box jury Return to archive
September 16th, 2004 08:17 PM
stonedinaustralia I was flicking through some old “Mojo” mags last night and spotted a reference to this

Story said that when the stones appeared they pronounced practically everything was a “miss”

Also someone (who was on the set at the time) said that the boys were “behaving badly” until brian told them off in response to which the rest of the band actually stopped clowning around

Q.s - Has any one seen this little piece of stones history? – If so, what tunes did they adjudicate and what was their verdict??

Is it true one tune they did give the thumbs up to was a dylan number - “Like a Rolling Stone” perhaps???
September 16th, 2004 09:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. From Karnbach's "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll""

July 4, 1964
Juke Box Jury

"The Stones first and last appearance on this show. They received a lot of flak after this broadcast, not for their musical performance but for their rudeness and generally surly attitudes during the "hit or miss" song-judging portion of the show. They verbally put down each song they heard, giving all (except, most likely, one) a rating of "miss". "It's All Over Now" was also on the docket."

So according to Karnbach, the Stones voted their own song a "hit".
September 16th, 2004 09:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
So according to Karnbach, the Stones voted their own song a "hit".

Interesting...
September 16th, 2004 10:49 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks MOWAT - i would love to see it - it sounds hilarious
September 17th, 2004 05:06 AM
caro I remember a great photo of the Stones sitting at the jury table, loking deeply bored... If anyone has that pic and could post it -- I'd love to see it again.