ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It was 6 years ago today... Return to archive
September 16th, 2004 01:37 PM
FotiniD It's September 16th 1998 (wow, it starts like a movie )
And it goes like this.

09.00 I wake up - I'M GOING TO SEE THE STONES!

10.00 Receive a phone call that informs me I've won an international writing competition (yeah!)

11.00 The same people call again to tell me the prize is a trip to London - the city of my dreams at the time, as if winning the competition itself isn't enough!

16.00 Off we go to the Olympic Stadium

17.00 The Stadium is slowly filling up with people, and it looks absolutely LARGE... We do a little running and we manage to get sixth or seventh row (I LOVE gigs in Greece, you can always get very up close very easily Cause the Greeks leave it all for the very last moment )

20.30 (Approximately ) Xilina Spathia, the support band, come on. They're good! The sky is reddish and the band dedicates a song "to this night and this sky and these clouds and you and the Rolling Stones".

21.35 The lights turn off, jungle sounds and - boom! Keith gets on stage and starts the riff of Satisfaction. Then the drums of Charlie, then Ronnie, then Mick! MIRACLE! It's the first gig of my life (indeed!) And it's the Stones baby! The music's wild, Mick speaks some Greek . At a certain point Keith does a run and a slide and lands right in front of us. I totally lose my head

I won't even try to describe all the emotions and what this night meant to me, so I'll post some favorite pictures. Let the picture do the talking

September 16th was so great I've declared it my own personal national holiday My boss seems to disagree but who cares, lol.

They arrive! I was having a shower, the television was playing in the living room and bang! I threw myself out immediately and they were connected live to the airport. Oh, how great!

Mick and Keith!

Keith and Ronnie

Some Charlie Charlie became my dad's favorite Stone that night (didn't come, but from the detailed report he got ). Watching the videos on tv, he said: "They're all wild and crazy and here he sits so cool with his blue t-shirt and the white jacket!"

And another Keith pic

Ahh... The first cut is the deepest

[Edited by FotiniD]
September 16th, 2004 01:44 PM
LadyJane Well, Happy Fotini Day!!

What a great story....now I'm all misty-eyed!

There's nothing like your first time!!

LJ.
September 16th, 2004 02:51 PM
Angiegirl Great!!!
September 16th, 2004 03:31 PM
kath your dad is a wise man.....
September 16th, 2004 03:38 PM
Monkey Woman Happy memories! Thanks for the story and the pics, Fotini!
September 16th, 2004 07:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
There's nothing like your first time!!

Most of the times is not the best one

Happy Fotini's Day!
September 16th, 2004 08:06 PM
Soldatti Great memories Fotini!
September 17th, 2004 02:50 AM
FotiniD Thanks all you guys

Argh. Why can't scientists focus on making a time travel machine?
(Speaking of which, as I read somewhere: the fact that we don't see any people from the future walking around, isn't it all the proof you need that time travel will NEVER be invented? )
[Edited by FotiniD]
September 17th, 2004 12:08 PM
justinkurian How would you know they were from the future, though?

Have you seen Back to the Future?