ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1980 Annie Leibovitz
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eminence Front - The Who (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 14th, 2004 04:50 PM
sirmoonie Ranking just below the Stones in the godless pantheon of British rock, the Who achieved an absolutely distinctive sound, fusing complex melodies and raw percussive power into a majestic noise that truly set rock's outer limits.
September 14th, 2004 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Ranking just below the Stones in the godless pantheon of British rock, the Who achieved an absolutely distinctive sound, fusing complex melodies and raw percussive power into a majestic noise that truly set rock's outer limits.

Amen My Brother .....................

You see , I still remember vividly the month of December 1979 ; after Cincy , Time Magazine put THE WHO on the cover and entitled it " Rock's Outer Limits " . " Impressionable " ?!?! Very . " Ignition " ?!?! If possible , of even more sycophantry for your's truly . Sycko-fu##ing-fantry . Sorry my Stonesian Kin , but perfectly timed slashing power chords coupled with heavenly delivered lyrics and crashing thunder make Joey feel real -- always did ......always will .....and you ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! Oh , sure !!! :

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/covers/0,16641,1101791217,00.html

http://artwork.barewalls.com/product/framer.exe?ARTWORKID=141216&ITEMID=141216&PRODUCTID=159311

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jersee Joe
September 14th, 2004 05:29 PM
sirmoonie I'll admit I don't dance to the Who, but I know of no other band on god's arbitrary world that inspires me more than the Who to pound down a twelvie of Schlitz, climb up on the roof of my apartment, and throw eggs at cars. None. You atheists can't explain that away with your blasphemous logic and science!
September 14th, 2004 05:34 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'll admit I don't dance to the Who, but I know of no other band on god's arbitrary world that inspires me more than the Who to pound down a twelvie of Schlitz, climb up on the roof of my apartment, and throw eggs at cars. None. You atheists can't explain that away with your blasphemous logic and science!

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with me erect nipples .
September 14th, 2004 06:48 PM
Prodigal Son I gotta agree. When it comes to pure rock BANDS, the Who move me only 2nd to the Stones. Just listening to "Young Man Blues" live at leeds today made me wanna pull out my guitar, amp and rock away with them. And of course it's such a powerful, raw, anarchaic sound it makes most people wanna jump around and destroy shit like Pete.
September 14th, 2004 09:21 PM
Soldatti The Who was a kick ass band and they never released an only bad album. Of course since 1982 they are a circa band as the Stones.
September 15th, 2004 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
I gotta agree. When it comes to pure rock BANDS, the Who move me only 2nd to the Stones. Just listening to "Young Man Blues" live at leeds today made me wanna pull out my guitar, amp and rock away with them. And of course it's such a powerful, raw, anarchaic sound it makes most people wanna jump around and destroy shit like Pete.

Prodigal Son ......................

Today's WHO features the BEST PETE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss....................
September 15th, 2004 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The Who ........... since 1982 they are a circa band as the Stones.

You make Joey sad.
September 15th, 2004 11:48 AM
telecaster WHO can forget the epic WKRP in Cincinatti episode
dedicated to the tragedy

"As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"

Les Nessman
September 15th, 2004 11:58 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
WHO can forget the epic WKRP in Cincinatti episode
dedicated to the tragedy

Les Nessman

Yes my Cubs Brother ( Great Game last evening by the way ...............I am sending some heavy weather your way this evening so get ready ! )

......or the Chi Chi Rodriguez ( sic ) episode
September 15th, 2004 12:02 PM
telecaster Thanks for the weather my WHO loving brother

We need the rain

Where is lunch today joey?

Chili's?
Applebees?
Fridays?
Benegins?
Ruby Tuesdays?

Remember, Jock Ewing wouldn't be caught dead in a chain
restaurant
September 15th, 2004 12:06 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Where is lunch today joey?

Chili's?
Applebees?
Fridays?
Benegins?
Ruby Tuesdays?

Remember, Jock Ewing wouldn't be caught dead in a chain
restaurant

I DESPISE those friggin places ................they are all just one step up from Fast Food !

Lunch is at P.F. Changs today my fellow Cubbie .

W- W- W- What ?!?! ................Oh , sure !!! :

http://oddsandsods.imdanet.com/photos.htm

www.ChristiShake.com
September 15th, 2004 02:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:
You make Joey sad.

It's true Joey. The Who were "a band" until Moon's death. During that time they DIDN'T have an only bad album and since 1982 they didn't have albums too...
The difference with the Stones is that they released 5 albums since 1983, but without ONE classic. So, the Who stopped and saved his honor while the Stones were killed by the press and fans for albums as Undercover or Dirty Work.
On this days both are a nostalgia act playing 90% songs from the 60's and 70's. The Who because they didn't have albums on the last 20 years and the Stones because they didn't have classics on the last 20 years.
September 15th, 2004 02:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

It's true Joey. The Who were "a band" until Moon's death. During that time they DIDN'T have an only bad album and since 1982 they didn't have albums too...
The difference with the Stones is that they released 5 albums since 1983, but without ONE classic. So, the Who stopped and saved his honor while the Stones were killed by the press and fans for albums as Undercover or Dirty Work.
On this days both are a nostalgia act playing 90% songs from the 60's and 70's. The Who because they didn't have albums on the last 20 years and the Stones because they didn't have classics on the last 20 years.

2004 !!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!

BEST WHO YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15th, 2004 10:48 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:
BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!

BEST WHO YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course!!
September 15th, 2004 11:30 PM
Zack Speaking of the Who, I've been listening to the 79 remix of Quadrophenia of late. Wondrous improvements by the Ox on I'm One and I've Had Enough. But I also read about yet ANOTHER remix in 96 that inspired the Quadrophenia tour (of which I have a great boot from MSG). What gives on the 96 remix? Any of my Who-loving breatheren in the know?
September 16th, 2004 11:13 AM
Joey
" What gives on the 96 remix? Any of my Who-loving breatheren in the know? "

{{ ? }}
September 16th, 2004 11:50 AM
sirmoonie Haven't heard of the 96 Remix, Zack.

Hey Joe Loe, have you heard these quasi-unreleased Quadro tracks?

Get Out and Stay Out

Four Faces

Joker James

We Close Tonight

Back in the days when everything Pete did turned to gold.
September 16th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Haven't heard of the 96 Remix, Zack.

Hey Joe Loe, have you heard these quasi-unreleased Quadro tracks?

Get Out and Stay Out

Four Faces

Joker James

We Close Tonight

Back in the days when everything Pete did turned to gold.

Yes my C-10 Brother .................THOSE were the days when " The Petey " was imbued ! The guy wrote hit songs whilst napping .

W- W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .............Oh , sure :

" The Who ( Four Faces ) "

" He kicked me out
He kicked me out
He kicked me out
He kicked me out

You must've heard of them, a kind of screwed-up blend
Split personality
Two sides to fight and argue all night
over coffee or tea

Well, that's okay, I wouldn't mind, touche
Or even three, and that's no joke
But with a four-way split, the pocket money's hit
And all of me is broke

I got four heads inside my mind
Four rooms I'd like to lie in
Four selves I want to find
And I don't know which one is me

I get four papers in the box each day
Four girls ringing that I want to date
I look in the mirror and see my face
But I don't know which one is me (I don't know which one is me)

He kicked me out, He kicked me out
He kicked me out, He kicked me out

I wake up over here and then I'm over here
I'm trying to brush my teeth
It's little things that are hard
Like starting up the car and I'm still underneath

I get along alright, in fact it's fun at night
I get four-dimensional dreams
But I have to think before I take a drink
I get hungover times sixteen

There are four records I want to buy
Four highs I'd like to try
Every letter I get I send four replies
And I don't know which one's from me

I've got four hang-ups I'm trying to beat
Four directions and just two feet
I've got a very very secret identity
And I don't know which one is me

You think it's funny, I can tell
Well, you don't understand too well
I get so lonely and turned around
But I can't let it bring me down

I got four hang-ups I'm trying to beat
Four directions and just two feet
Got a very very secret identity
And I don't know which one is me ......."

http://www.lyricsdir.com/w/the-who/four-faces.php

Thank You All for Your Time Today !

September 16th, 2004 03:02 PM
sirmoonie Marvin Gaye - Dancing in the Streets

to

Guns and Roses - Civil War

Linked? A strange pair of sequentially issued diagnostics. Channeling of the Great Retard?

Hepped up....
September 16th, 2004 03:30 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Marvin Gaye - Dancing in the Streets

to

Guns and Roses - Civil War

Linked? A strange pair of sequentially issued diagnostics. Channeling of the Great Retard?

Hepped up....

SirMoonie , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and gently and softly stoke your young , sweaty , moist , glistening , GLISTENING SirMoonie forehead and just say ..............Well , " Thanks " for being ..............................Well ? .............YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are much loved by The Joey !

September 16th, 2004 03:31 PM
telecaster joey what is this Eel Pie that The Who references?

Is that like, well....pie?
September 16th, 2004 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
joey what is this Eel Pie that The Who references?

Is that like, well....pie?

googling ...................................
September 16th, 2004 03:36 PM
glencar Eel Pie Island was where the early Who &, more importantly, the Rolling Stones gigged. Who needs google, Joey?
September 16th, 2004 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Eel Pie Island was where the early Who &, more importantly, the Rolling Stones gigged. Who needs google, Joey?

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?!

http://www.twickenham-museum.org.uk/detail.asp?ContentID=213
September 19th, 2004 11:44 PM
Zack
quote:
Joey wrote:

" What gives on the 96 remix? Any of my Who-loving breatheren in the know? "

{{ ? }}

Here is what I am referring to.

Pete Townshend: John remixed the album for the 1979 film but Roger thought it was worse than the original. Pete and Roger were both involved in the 1996 remix. Their pleasure at the results was one of the primary reasons for the 1996-97 Quadrophenia tour.

http://www.thewho.net/linernotes/Quad.htm

I concur (( ? ))
September 20th, 2004 04:03 AM
Cant Catch Me "M&M's fun!" Now, that's funny. Somebody's got to compile a list of mistaken rock lyric's. My wife thought Steve Miller's (not a big fan, myself) "Jet Airliner" said, "Big ol' jet with its lights on."

Ages ago in high school, stoned with a couple of friends, we were amazed to hear a song on the radio, with the chorus, "Fuckin' out of bounds, fuckin' out of bounds." Course, that wouldn't be anywhere near radio, and I'm damned if I knew what song it really was.

But, "Emminence Front" is a killer song, loved it the first time I heard it. In fact, "Athena" doesn't even come close, nor does anything else on the album. And the Who is an astoundingly good rock n' roll band, definitely in my top half dozen or so ROCK N' ROLL bands.
September 20th, 2004 07:41 AM
Gazza Eminence Front is one of my fave Who songs ever. Its good also that they added that great live version from the 1982 Toronto TV concert as a bonus track on the CD reissue.

I've never heard anything before about the lyrics having anything to do with Irish politics (seeing it means so much to you, Pete - why not play here for a change. It's only been 38 years!) But if you say he mentioned it in an interview....uh, fair enough. It's not exactly obvious from the lyrics, although I suppose you could twist the last verse that way if you had to.
September 20th, 2004 08:02 AM
John Wood How about this for classic Who? Last night I watched The Who Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970!! Here is the setlist:
Heaven and Hell
I Can't Explain
Young Man Blues
I Don't Even Know Myself
Water
Shaken All Over/Spoonful/Twist and Shout
Summertime Blues
My Generation
Magic Bus
Overture
It's a Boy
Eyesight to the Blind
Christmas
The Acid Queen
Pinball Wizard
Do You Think It's Alright
Fiddle About
Go To The Mirror
Miracle Cure
I'm Free
We're Not Gonna Take It
See Me Feel Me/Listening To You
Tommy Can You Hear Me
If you like the Who this is one to get. Now if only the Stones would release some Golden Era shows!
September 20th, 2004 05:12 PM
Joey " Eminence Front is one of my fave Who songs ever. Its good also that they added that great live version from the 1982 Toronto TV concert as a bonus track on the CD reissue. "

I would like to nuzzle you .

{ J } { A } { C } { K } { Y } !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ J }
{ A }
{ C }
{ K }
{ Y }

Page: 1 2 3