ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Long Beach Arena - 11/20 possibility? Return to archive
22nd September 2006 05:40 PM
GimmeExile I just bought tickets to see Bob Dylan at the Long Beach Arena on 10/21, the day after his show at the Forum.

This would be a great place for the rumored Stones 11/20 L.A. area show. It's small and the location could attract the folks from Orange County and San Diego who don't want to drive all the way to Dodger Stadium.

The venue is not used as much as other L.A. area venues which gives Cohl more bargaining power.

What do you think? Pipe dream? Probably, but it would be a helluva place to see the Stones.
22nd September 2006 05:42 PM
Gazza apparently due to the confirmation of the hawaii show a couple of days later, its now a complete non starter for logistical reasons
22nd September 2006 05:47 PM
Dan Long Beach Arena has always been at the top of my list but I doubt there is going to be a show anywhere on Nov 20. Maybe Nov 16 but if so I don't think there is any demand whatsoever for another LA show at this time.
22nd September 2006 06:07 PM
mac_daddy i was hoping we would get a second gig, but i am no longer holding my breath...

22nd September 2006 06:08 PM
Dan Another place I have been hoping they would play is the new Home Depot Center in Carson. Only because the sound is so good outside, getting a ticket might not be necessary.
22nd September 2006 06:20 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:
Another place I have been hoping they would play is the new Home Depot Center in Carson. Only because the sound is so good outside, getting a ticket might not be necessary.

The LA Times did a feature story on the billionaire who owns that venue and much of the city. I remember thinking that would have been a good choice for the area show. Green Day did two shows there last year.

The Hawaii show on 11/22 screws up the logistics for a 11/20 show. Something in between Dodger Stadium and Idaho on 11/16 is our last hope.
22nd September 2006 06:45 PM
mac_daddy i want the el rey, but i know that wont happen...

22nd September 2006 08:10 PM
glencar It's Vegas or bust for you lot.
22nd September 2006 09:23 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's Vegas or bust for you lot.

I'd go to Oakland before I go to Vegas. But I am not going to Oakland this time because its the same night as The Who down here.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)