ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Deadspring Brothers Return to archive
21st September 2006 08:42 PM
Nellcote http://www.deadstringbrothers.com/
So far, I like what I hear...
Anybody have any info?
Touring with Shooter Jennings this fall...
Get Up Jake good groove...
21st September 2006 08:53 PM
mrhipfl just downloaded a sample off their website. Sounds sweet. More bands these days should have an organ player.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
21st September 2006 08:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sound good, Nellcote...must explore more......
21st September 2006 09:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have both their albums. Saw 'em last year at The Khyber. They are just as good live...if not better.
21st September 2006 09:16 PM
Nellcote I just knew SS would have 411, you've got the skinny on so many...
21st September 2006 09:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG Listened to all the clips. Me thinks me needs to get those albums

SS you always have the scoop!!
21st September 2006 10:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot I had no idea that anyone here would like them. I'm such a bad judge about stuff like that...I have no idea what people will like.

Look, the kind of music that the Deadstring Brothers play....there's about a hundred bands out there that play in a similar style. Bands that while not really "Country" or "Americana", still have that down home feel to them.

When you are ready for "If you like the Deadstring Brothers then you might like....", lemme know. There's a whole scene that the Deadstrings Bros. are a part of.

For something completely different, here's two for ya that I'm currently ga-ga over.

Len Price 3. No one in the band is actually named Len Price. Kick ass Medway powerpop. They remind me a lot of The Hoodoo Gurus. The album is called "Chinese Burn". I've had it in heavy rotation since I got it at the end of June. It is infectiously catchy.

Radio Birdman. They were the Aussie answer to the MC5 and The Stooges. The guy that wrote most of their songs was from Detroit...he was in Oz going to med school. They never toured the US, and broke up in 1979. Their record, Radios Appear, was released here in the US, but with no tour and no promotion, it went under the radar and into the abyss. A second album, Living Eyes, was put out three years after they broke up. Sub Pop put out a fantastic "Essential" album a few years ago. And then lo and behold...Radio Birdman reformed 27 years after breaking up and recorded a brand new album. It's called Zeno Beach, and it is amazing. I just saw them last week. On a Sunday. In a church. Yeah, it was a religious experience...if Rock n Roll is yer religion of choice.
22nd September 2006 02:02 AM
Egbert Aloha Steve & Danno - doesn't get much better than that.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)