ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Report on Keith's filming Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st September 2006 02:26 PM
Jerry in Boston Don't shoot the messenger!!! I stumbled across this site's little blurb by accident. It's more than likely just a bunch of BS... but whatever...

Keith Richards, drunk or lack of sea legs on the POTC3 set?

A not terribly sober Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones has filmed his cameo as Johnny Depp’s swashbuckling dad in "Pirates of the Caribbean 3," which is shooting somewhere in Southern California in a place called Palmdale. Last night at Premiere magazine’s decidedly swellegant Women in Hollywood Icon awards gala at the Beverly Hills Hotel, we heard a good story about Richards from gifted Brit actor Bill Nighy (you know him from playing a Richards like rock star in “Love Actually”). Nighy wasn’t on set when Richards came for his big Hollywood moment, but he more or less confirmed for us a tale we’d heard earlier. Richards, no stranger to substances and liquids, was left to his own devices in his trailer before his big scene. That wasn’t a good idea. When the time came to shoot, he was a bit “wobbly.” To keep him straight, director Gore Verbinski held Richards by the shins. “You’ve got to keep straight,” Verbinski told him. “If you’d wanted straight, then you got the wrong man,” Richards replied huskily. Richards’ pirate costume, sources say, closely resembles Depp’s, with a different colored bandana. The two had such a good time together that Depp kept a souvenir from Richards’ short visit: a set of stairs built for Richards to get in and out of his trailer, which he signed to Depp with the salutation, “A step too far.”

Fox411

Sounds like it was an interesting day of filming!

21st September 2006 02:28 PM
jb Keith has rapidly declined and no longer even plays guitar during his set. When I heard RW was carrying him last night, I understood the depths of his decline. I predict his appearence ion this will result in gross being less than 1 and 2.
21st September 2006 02:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith has rapidly declined and no longer even plays guitar during his set. When I heard RW was carrying him last night, I understood the depths of his decline.

Wow .... Ron Wood now covers Keith's Ass .

What is next in this crazy world of ours ?!?! Democrats taking control of BOTH House of Congress ?!

Developing .....................

JJJJJJJJJJJERSEY

21st September 2006 02:33 PM
texile but keith has always been shaky in public -
he's not the 'show-up-on-time-and-do-your-job' kind of guy which is why i love him but....
if these producers are expecting anything else, they're in for a rude awakening.

21st September 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
but keith has always been shaky in public -
he's not the 'show-up-on-time-and-do-your-job' kind of guy which is why i love him but....
if these producers are expecting anything else, they're in for a rude awakening.

Why did he not play guitar much during his set last night??? Why???
21st September 2006 02:39 PM
Dan Palmdale? Thats the location of the family homestead and where I spend many weekends.
21st September 2006 02:41 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Dan wrote:
Palmdale? Thats the location of the family homestead and where I spend many weekends.

Isn't that out near the Palm Springs area? Shit, I guess i coulda just mapquested it, huh? LOL
21st September 2006 03:09 PM
Green Tea Keith did more posing last night than Paris Hilton on the red carpet.

Seriously, there were extended periods in the show where Keith just stopped playing and posed.

During Little "T + A" his guitar was non-existent.
21st September 2006 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Keith did more posing last night than Paris Hilton on the red carpet.

Seriously, there were extended periods in the show where Keith just stopped playing and posed.

During Little "T + A" his guitar was non-existent.

It is a sight way too common the past few years...really sad.
21st September 2006 03:21 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:

Why did he not play guitar much during his set last night??? Why???

that is indeed sad -
i think keith has been allowed to wallow in his mythology by those who purpetuate that myth.
he's been coddled by the stones organization and mick since the early 70s and somewhere along the line he stopped growing up.
he doesn't HAVE to play or do anything he doesn't fit as long as guys like depp cater to that mentality.
21st September 2006 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:

that is indeed sad -
i think keith has been allowed to wallow in his mythology by those who purpetuate that myth.
he's been coddled by the stones organization and mick since the early 70s and somewhere along the line he stopped growing up.
he doesn't HAVE to play or do anything he doesn't fit as long as guys like depp cater to that mentality.

This is sooooooooo true!!!!!
21st September 2006 03:23 PM
Dan
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

Isn't that out near the Palm Springs area? Shit, I guess i coulda just mapquested it, huh? LOL

Its about 50 miles northeast of Los Angeles on the other side of the mountains, on the opposite side of the desert from Palm Springs.
21st September 2006 03:24 PM
jb Say hi to Delores Hope.
21st September 2006 03:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

What is next in this crazy world of ours ?!?! Democrats taking control of BOTH House of Congress ?!

Developing .....................

JJJJJJJJJJJERSEY

Oh , MY !!!!!!

THAT is ' Miracle on ICE ' Postin '

You are P.O.S.T.I.N. ... Postin'

......just a postin away !!!!
21st September 2006 03:28 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Say hi to Delores Hope.

I think I walk by her house in Toluca Lake coming home from the Universal Amphitheatre.
21st September 2006 03:34 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its about 50 miles northeast of Los Angeles on the other side of the mountains, on the opposite side of the desert from Palm Springs.

I must be thinking of Palm Desert? Ugh. I lived in Riverside for 7 years and have been in Boston for 5+ now. I don't miss Riverside in the least.
21st September 2006 03:46 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith has rapidly declined and no longer even plays guitar during his set.

That's a chance for real fans to get Winning Ugly and Emotional Rescue on stage!!!
21st September 2006 03:49 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

That's a chance for real fans to get Winning Ugly and Emotional Rescue on stage!!!

Hello Superfly!!!!
21st September 2006 03:51 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Superfly!!!!

Hello Pusherman !!
21st September 2006 05:52 PM
texile
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

if only.....
mick could even sneak in something from wandering spirit....
would keith notice at this point?
21st September 2006 05:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

What is next in this crazy world of ours ?!?!

don't look now Joey..... Simon is covering Pete's!

Who-miliation!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st September 2006 06:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Who-miliation!

[Edited by Saint Sway]

never quite panned out.
21st September 2006 06:20 PM
Saint Sway its still brewin

give it time
21st September 2006 06:25 PM
Some Guy I feel Redemptive.
21st September 2006 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL! Keith will be Keith
21st September 2006 11:24 PM
Bitch OK, back to the Pirates topic! The story sounds like it could be true no doubt. In a recent Press Conf. (Milano) KEEF was bombed and could barely answer the questions, MICK was jumping in to save KEEF & The RS from embarassment. Without MICK to protect him, KEEF could def get himself into some deep shit, lol. I don't think it matters much for this role, but I dont see KEEF acting in too many movies, unless he plays a cameo role, as himself.
22nd September 2006 12:37 AM
telecaster They are filming the movie in the aircraft plant where they made the B-1 bomber

That is all for now

Carry on
22nd September 2006 12:49 AM
glencar I just read last week that Keef has cut back on his drinking. WTF! Where's the truth?
[Edited by glencar]
22nd September 2006 02:44 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:
OK, back to the Pirates topic! The story sounds like it could be true no doubt. In a recent Press Conf. (Milano) KEEF was bombed and could barely answer the questions, MICK was jumping in to save KEEF & The RS from embarassment. Without MICK to protect him, KEEF could def get himself into some deep shit, lol. I don't think it matters much for this role, but I dont see KEEF acting in too many movies, unless he plays a cameo role, as himself.

I'm not sure about Milano, but the truth is that quite often Keith pulls the drunken Richards act, whilst he's 100% capable of talking without the slur and being coherent. He enjoys the act.
22nd September 2006 08:28 AM
Taptrick

Dan: Palmdale: They are using one of the empty hangars at Air Force Plant 42 at the Palmdale Airport. They have one of the boat models set up inside the hangar.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)