ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: G n' R show SF, CA Warfield 9-20-2006 ( a piss of an excuse review type thingy) Return to archive
21st September 2006 01:09 PM
pdog I got there about 10PM. I may have been the only person smart enough to know better. There was a line down the streets at 7PM, when the doors were supposed to open. They let people in at 9...
The band was unbeleivable. Really takented, really rocking. 3 guitar players all very good. All did a solo alone on the stage during the show. Even Bumble was impressive, doing a solo version of Don't Cry, with no one else on-stage, just his guitar.
It smelled in there... Really bad, BO, ass, puke, pot you name it. I was overwhelmed by odor.
Axl was alright. They must've played about two hours... There wass pyro and the band really was good. I can't say that enough. Alot of agression. I was right at the stage, and one of the guitar players just suddenly on top of us playing... This dude is crazy. It wasn't bumble Bee or the kid from NYC... It's the really tall hippie looking guy... The new stuff was much better than I expected... You never know what live new stuff is gonna be like. It was cool, that the band played with passion, no reservations... I saw Lars and Danny from Metallica watching the show from the side...
Sebastian Bach's band sucked. They were on when I got there, I walked outside 3 times, it was disgusting... He did do Michelle with Axl, which I expected. It wasn't like a Dave Matthews or Justin Timberlake moment with The Stones, thank god, but still, who needs him?
Tommy Stinson looked so stoned. But the dude can play. When Axl intro'd him, he said and the greatest "Replacement" on bass... It was cool. I still think of him as Bob Stinsons (RIP) little 14 year old brother on bass... I booked out of there right before the last song. It was already 130 Am. I got home real quick, since freeway wise I'm exit to exit to and from the Warfield. Which was cool... 5 mins travel time each way... I got to sleep about 230 0r 300 and was snatched from slumber at 7 am... Not a great review, but i'll say this. I'm glad i went, and would see these guys again, just not so soon, not going to tonights show... Oh, and it was loud. Really loud...My ears are still ringing...
Ask me questions, b/c I'm all fuzzy right now...
September 20th, 2006 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield Sold Out!
Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), You Could Be Mine, Used To Love Her, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), Out Ta Get Me, The Addams Family Theme, I.R.S., Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Madagascar, Paradise City
21st September 2006 01:13 PM
jb Say it ain't so, Pdog.
21st September 2006 01:16 PM
monkey_man How late did it go?
21st September 2006 01:16 PM
GimmeExile Great review, pdog! I hope they play some club shows in L.A. They're probably waiting for the KROQ festival to pass before they announce any club shows.

Is Izzy Stradlin still playing with them?

21st September 2006 01:24 PM
Monkeytonk-man Man, I've seen them a good few times, even went to see the new line-up in Birmingham a couple of months ago, and I can tell you that they totally cook live.

They have the songs and the showmanship to really put on a great performance - which is what they do.

When myself and some friends went to see them recently, with certain reservations, we all aknowledged afterwards that it was a cracker of a show and delivered on all fronts, this is from a bunch of hairy rockers that have been to a good few rock concerts in our time.

It's a strange sensation watching it, everyone is expecting them to embarrass themselves in a display of public humiliation, but I can tell you that my friends and I weren't the only ones leaving, having to eat humble pie.
21st September 2006 01:30 PM
pdog No Izzy...
Dizzy's piano solo was Ziggy Stardust, no vocals... In my head I was singing... "IZZY PLAYED GEEEEEETARRRRRRRRRRRR"
I went in expecting to be dissapointed, far from it...
Much more energy than expected...
Show lasted until almost 145 AM...
21st September 2006 01:39 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
Show lasted until almost 145 AM...

Ouch! I have a long night ahead of me. I have to go in at 6 and I probably won't be out of there until almost 3. AT least the show sound like it will be pretty decent.
21st September 2006 01:50 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Ouch! I have a long night ahead of me. I have to go in at 6 and I probably won't be out of there until almost 3. AT least the show sound like it will be pretty decent.

Interesting note on your fellow staff... i was booking out during the last song. I wanted to grab a BGP poster at the door. Got there just as they were about to hand them out. I wasn't outside yet, dude hands me one. i'm in the lobby area. This asian guy comes out to me, and just says, you have to leave. I just look at him, he then says give me your poster. no explanation, nothing, getting right in my face. Then this other guy comes up, and seems to be more on my side, and then explains, once you get the poster you must leave. I was like okay, maybe if I was told that instead of having somebody get in my face, I told them I was on my way out and just was chilling for a second. It was pretty agressive... I know they deal with alot of assholes, drunks ect... The flip side is this you can't touch me and I can be hostile and threatening attitude. I guess it goes with the territory. The irony is, this dude was probably cool, and we'd get along fine I'm sure. BUT!!! I know if he acted like that to me anywhere else, I would've stood my ground, and he did not have anything to back himself up... I wonder, was he on a powertrip or was he just like that b/c the envoirment makes him like that? and knowing you can get away with provoking a fight b/c you got your laminate, NES shirt or whatever on...
21st September 2006 01:54 PM
pdog
21st September 2006 01:59 PM
Some Guy I used to truly dig on Use Your Illusion I & II.
21st September 2006 02:14 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Interesting note on your fellow staff... i was booking out during the last song. I wanted to grab a BGP poster at the door. Got there just as they were about to hand them out. I wasn't outside yet, dude hands me one. i'm in the lobby area. This asian guy comes out to me, and just says, you have to leave. I just look at him, he then says give me your poster. no explanation, nothing, getting right in my face. Then this other guy comes up, and seems to be more on my side, and then explains, once you get the poster you must leave. I was like okay, maybe if I was told that instead of having somebody get in my face, I told them I was on my way out and just was chilling for a second. It was pretty agressive... I know they deal with alot of assholes, drunks ect... The flip side is this you can't touch me and I can be hostile and threatening attitude. I guess it goes with the territory. The irony is, this dude was probably cool, and we'd get along fine I'm sure. BUT!!! I know if he acted like that to me anywhere else, I would've stood my ground, and he did not have anything to back himself up... I wonder, was he on a powertrip or was he just like that b/c the envoirment makes him like that? and knowing you can get away with provoking a fight b/c you got your laminate, NES shirt or whatever on...

Was it NES or house staff? The house security staff tends to be a lot less aggressive and have more experience than the outside security. Still, I have friends that won't come to shows there any more because there are so many people (usher's and security) telling patrons where they can and can't stand(on the floor),and too many rules in general. The guy that told you to move was most likely new, as new security people tend to overcompensate. It also might have been that the dude was at the end of his rope after a long night of babysitting aggressive drunks. No excuse for his behavior though. Glad you enjoyed the show!
21st September 2006 02:35 PM
Dan Glad you enjoyed the show! I was almost certain you were going to regret it.
21st September 2006 02:50 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
Glad you enjoyed the show! I was almost certain you were going to regret it.

Me too! If you get a chance to see them in a club, do it!
21st September 2006 02:51 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

Me too! If you get a chance to see them in a club, do it!

I am seeing them in Greensboro, NC in Oct, my g/f bought me tickets for my bday which is the 6th....
21st September 2006 02:54 PM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I am seeing them in Greensboro, NC in Oct, my g/f bought me tickets for my bday which is the 6th....

Fellow libra, I knew I liked you for a reason...
21st September 2006 03:11 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

Fellow libra, I knew I liked you for a reason...

We kick major ass!
21st September 2006 03:12 PM
jb Oct 11th!!!!!!!!!
21st September 2006 03:27 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Oct 11th!!!!!!!!!

Libras are always great people. you share that birthday with my daughters mother, who is a wonderful woman and a close friend and great mother...
21st September 2006 05:16 PM
lotsajizz great job pdog.....glad you had fun....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)