ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Herald: "Stones were sold out last night" Return to archive
21st September 2006 11:24 AM
Green Tea For the record. The Boston Herald is saying that the Foxboro show at Gilette stadium last night (9/20/06) was in fact sold out by show time.

I don't know if it was 100% sold (there were a few empty in the nose bleed seats)out. But to say it was only 90% full is ridiculous.
21st September 2006 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
For the record. The Boston Herald is saying that the Foxboro show at Gilette stadium last night (9/20/06) was in fact sold out by show time.

I don't know if it was 100% sold (there were a few empty in the nose bleed seats)out. But to say it was only 90% full is ridiculous.

Look, 43k is absolutely not a sell out. Many who attended said it was pretty full, but saw empties on top. I am not saying the show was "wide-open", as they almost always fill it in. The #'s the press get are , lets say, made more favorable to the band. Bottom line, the 30-35k who paid full price made this a very profitable concert-the equivalent of almost 3 indoor shows, w/out the higher arean rental charges. I am actually surprised that they were able to fill it up w/ so little time. I awit what happens in NY, Chicago, and Witchita........
21st September 2006 11:32 AM
Green Tea JB:

That's what I said. I agree w/ you. It wasn't 100% sold out (despite what some reports are saying) but it was very close.
21st September 2006 11:35 AM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
JB:

That's what I said. I agree w/ you. It wasn't 100% sold out (despite what some reports are saying) but it was very close.

Yes...we agree. With the exception of Buffalo(30k in 97) , Indianapolis , Syracuse, and Gainesville, thay almost alwasy are able to get 90-95% full. Buffalo , a loser city, has not received a concert since 97, and we all know why.
21st September 2006 11:38 AM
LSTNT I suspect all seats were indeed sold/given away. A few folks I suspect just decided not to show up. That was a BIG mistake - this show was awesome.
21st September 2006 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:
I suspect all seats were indeed sold/given away. A few folks I suspect just decided not to show up. That was a BIG mistake - this show was awesome.

I had luch at the Chinese place next to my office..the owner, Chin, downloads zChinese music and pipes it in. I pretend to understand the songs and hum loudly as people look at me-I enjoy it!!!
21st September 2006 12:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

I had luch at the Chinese place next to my office..the owner, Chin, downloads zChinese music and pipes it in. I pretend to understand the songs and hum loudly as people look at me-I enjoy it!!!

stay away from the spinach.
21st September 2006 12:09 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Buffalo , a loser city, has not received a concert since 97, and we all know why.

In the future when referring to my hometown as a "loser city" I would appreciate you placeing the following disclaimer next to the word "city":

(NOTLJ) meaning No Offense to Lady Jane

TIA.

Good luck on that bus ride from Philly to AC.

LJ.
21st September 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

In the future when referring to my hometown as a "loser city" I would appreciate you placeing the following disclaimer next to the word "city":

(NOTLJ) meaning No Offense to Lady Jane

TIA.

Good luck on that bus ride from Philly to AC.

LJ.

Off course is is not meant ot offend you or the great Mattman. However, the facts speak for themselves. Buffalo has been omitted from even an idoor show these past 9 yrs....Buffalo, at one time, had over 80k at Rich Stadium, but due to urban demograhics, no longer can support a Stones concert.........................
21st September 2006 12:22 PM
Riffhard Josh tell me you are not taking a bus from Philly to AC?! Tell me that this is a cruel joke by LJ.

Riffy
21st September 2006 12:25 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Josh tell me you are not taking a bus from Philly to AC?! Tell me that this is a cruel joke by LJ.

Riffy

I have purchased the fanasylum package which hotel is based in Philly....I may very well be taking a bus to show.
21st September 2006 12:47 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
For the record. The Boston Herald is saying that the Foxboro show at Gilette stadium last night (9/20/06) was in fact sold out by show time.

yes it is, it was 75% full at best

21st September 2006 12:50 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yes it is, it was 75% full at best

I agree, but it was 90% full for the 45k tickets they made available.........
21st September 2006 02:41 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

I have purchased the fanasylum package which hotel is based in Philly....I may very well be taking a bus to show.

Lets hope its not the short yellow one.......
21st September 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Lets hope its not the short yellow one.......

I will judge the quality of traqnsportation available, and if need be, rent a limo.
21st September 2006 03:42 PM
Martha jb, why won't the Stones return to Denver or Cleveland?

And...did you call the venue for last night's exact ticket count?

Hum.........?????

Do it!

:-)
21st September 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
jb, why won't the Stones return to Denver or Cleveland?

And...did you call the venue for last night's exact ticket count?

Hum.........?????

Do it!

:-)

Cleveland had to cancel second show in 94, and attendance in doors has been weak; Denver humiliated our band last Thanksgiving.................><
21st September 2006 04:30 PM
Paranoid_Android Any word on the numbers for Giant at this time? How about AC? There were fantastics seats avail a few days ago for just about anywhere you wanted (250 and up, that is).
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)