ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston,so how was it? Return to archive
21st September 2006 09:01 AM
marko I mean playing? the boston thread is too wide open.So
can anyone write here,you own opinions about the show.
AS usual,they seem to lots of different opinions.
21st September 2006 09:12 AM
lotsajizz I am sorry to be the one to lay it on ya; this was by far the WORST excuse for a Stones show ever!! Never have I heard them sloppier....never did they look more like they'd rather be anywhere else. The problem was band-wide, but centered on one man. Face it folks, a life of booze and drugs SOUNDS good, but the results are in. Keith Ricgards is just about brain-dead. He is far worse off from than even Europe just a couple fo weeks ago. That fall was obviously worse than they let on. He was just lost out there. He blew most of his cuex, fucked up most of his solos, could barely speak English. At times I found myself shouting at him "play your fuckin' guitar Keith!!!" It was pathetic, and in the end, very very, very, very sad. Ladies and gentlemen, he will not last the tour if he keeps it up. It was colder than a witch's left tit so maybe that was some factor. And Keith was not alone. The band was the sloppiest I've ever seen them...beyond bad. 'Sway' was a travesty, a fine Woodie solo blown by missed Keith cues and Mick forgetting the lyrics after just one verse. It got worse from there.
Much worse.
At one point, they even turned Keith off after a while at times. He was playing but you could not hear him...it reminded me of Jerry near the end. The end is near, and it ain't pretty.....

There were so many songs butchered. Even Mick was not blameless, butchering the seond half of "Midnight Rambler". Not even Ronnie was blameless. Woodie carried Keith the whole night, but even he missed a few--a badly blown "Monkey Man" for instance.

There WERE some good points--Mick is still tireless. And Woodie did a new take on his solo in "Start Me Up" that was superb. And, out of the fucking blue, Keith's opening riff on 'Satisfaction' was so startingly original and crunching it made me go 'Wow!' and say 'where the fuck you've been all night?'. But then he fucked up all the chord changes and his attempts at solos were childish and lost.

thank god for Charlie and Daryl

The best songs of the night were "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" and "Streets Of Love".

If this keeps up, Keith needs rehab.....
21st September 2006 09:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh my....
Can't just shrug it off to a bad night?????????????
21st September 2006 09:36 AM
FotiniD Probably not....
21st September 2006 09:41 AM
lotsajizz could have been just a bad night, but the signs are disturbing...
21st September 2006 09:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Probably not....

Maybe rock n roll is dead.
a mere excercise in mathematical equations of ticket sales, seating numbers and dollar totals...and fantasy setlists to add a little spice.
21st September 2006 09:45 AM
marko Well,i can agree on keith,it started on the Licks tour.
Most of the ABB shows from this year,are below average.
Just listen saitama,or even Boston earlier this year.Its
awful.Summer shows were very good,they seemed to happy in
europe,or were they happy because tour was soon over.
21st September 2006 09:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,i can agree on keith,it started on the Licks tour.
Most of the ABB shows from this year,are below average.
Just listen saitama,or even Boston earlier this year.Its
awful.Summer shows were very good,they seemed to happy in
europe,or were they happy because tour was soon over.

The summer shows happened right after Keith's accident. I think they sounded happy, cause they felt happy. I'm 90% sure this is going to be the case with the States leg this time around as well. Just give them a little more time.

And while pondering Keith's abilities to play well nowadays, I've been thinking that his arthritis might be a little more hurtful than he lets us know. It would explain certain off nights.

And quite frankly, I don't see or hear such a big problem as sometimes referred. And no, I don't worship anything they do or say, but heck, I still like Keith's playing.
[Edited by FotiniD]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)