ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sequel to My Humilitation Thread.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd September 2006 01:12 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes, I regret it, but next week Louisville and then AC. I wish more east Coast/Southern shows. I already have done Giants, so I am skipping this time. Enjoy!!!
[Edited by jb]

Looks like ADDA isn't all it's cracked up to be!
22nd September 2006 01:50 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Looks like ADDA isn't all it's cracked up to be!

ADD is a fucking blast! Everytime I read Pugs posts I become stricken with it!
Carry on!
22nd September 2006 10:24 AM
jb Glencar, I am not the proponent of Adda..........I use my own gut instinct. Moreover, official reports, confirmed 3k empties .That is a large amount my friend...Only arounf 42k the other night.
22nd September 2006 10:26 AM
glencar Joshy, they must have let 2985 folks in for free then because I didn't see too many empty seats although the 3 next to me were which I ascibe to someone deciding not to go because I can't imagine why those wouldn't have sold. Have a great time at Giants!
22nd September 2006 10:27 AM
glencar Oh & sorry for confusing you with Puggy!
22nd September 2006 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, they must have let 2985 folks in for free then because I didn't see too many empty seats although the 3 next to me were which I ascibe to someone deciding not to go because I can't imagine why those wouldn't have sold. Have a great time at Giants!

I read official tally on another very reliable board...not horrible considering 5 shows, weekn ight, but remember, $22.50, ticket giveaways, etc.........50k would have been nice.
22nd September 2006 10:49 AM
glencar I liked the sound there. I knwo some grump from RI didn't but I thought that was an especially nice venue.
22nd September 2006 11:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I liked the sound there. I knwo some grump from RI didn't but I thought that was an especially nice venue.

2002; 53, 642 (Credit Soldatti reporting Billboard final numbers) Gillette sold out. Today, 45k was # of available tickets and only 42k!!! These are hard facts. Plus, the stage was basically the same set up !!!"

We obtained the numbers from Billboard....although IORR is reporting that the 2002 Gillette show had 68,000 in attendance.

As jb and others would say..."I rest my case"
22nd September 2006 11:38 AM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
I liked the sound there. I know some grump from RI didn't but I thought that was an especially nice venue.

22nd September 2006 11:39 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

2002; 53, 642 (Credit Soldatti reporting Billboard final numbers) Gillette sold out. Today, 45k was # of available tickets and only 42k!!! These are hard facts. Plus, the stage was basically the same set up !!!"

We obtained the numbers from Billboard....although IORR is reporting that the 2002 Gillette show had 68,000 in attendance.

As jb and others would say..."I rest my case"

The stage set up was the same? That was Licks. This was ABB. Use yer brain for more than a hat rack!
22nd September 2006 11:45 AM
jb The was no significant change in the floor layout-certainly not one that would eliminate over 11k seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd September 2006 11:49 AM
glencar It didn't look like they'd moved the stage up. I'm not sure why so many fewer seats. Like Throbby, I too looked around & didn't notice empty sections. I did notice that there was plenty of space at the back of field level, more than usual but that didn't account for more than a few hundred seats.
22nd September 2006 12:04 PM
pdog Crew members and out of work actors were used to fill up the seats, like they do on award shows when people get up...
Seat fillers must've been used!
22nd September 2006 12:05 PM
glencar Well, I did think the guy in front of me was rather cardboard-like...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)