ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sequel to My Humilitation Thread.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st September 2006 06:27 AM
LadyJane This is a photo (I swear the God) of the friend who started me thinking negatively yesterday.

It was published in the Buffalo News last week and for some reason I think it is very very fitting this am

I texted her the set list from last night and said "Ponder this as you row tomorrow"

LMFAO

LJ.
21st September 2006 06:30 AM
Gazza are you sure thats not a pic of her rowing away in embarrassment?

actually, it looks like she's sinking....
21st September 2006 06:33 AM
FotiniD LJ, there was NO reason for you to start thinking negative stuff.

Heck, we got the best band in the world. Yes, they're not twenty years old anymore and yes, they overcharge and all that. But still, when it all comes down, they put the best show in the world. And they even do pay attention to what we're saying, even if it takes poorer sales for them to actually ponder it

There's no black and white in anything in life, but I think we can all be happy today
21st September 2006 06:34 AM
LadyJane To her credit, she is an EXCELLENT rower and is now a great Coach. Many awards.

She tells it like it is and will to be happy that the Stones mixed it up.

LJ.

21st September 2006 10:08 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
To her credit, she is an EXCELLENT rower and is now a great Coach. Many awards.

She tells it like it is and will to be happy that the Stones mixed it up.

LJ.

Is the Pug unhappy with your post(?)
[Edited by jb]
21st September 2006 10:34 AM
SweetVirginia
JB...you should have been there last night.

21st September 2006 10:36 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

JB...you should have been there last night.

Yes, I regret it, but next week Louisville and then AC. I wish more east Coast/Southern shows. I already have done Giants, so I am skipping this time. Enjoy!!!
[Edited by jb]
21st September 2006 10:41 AM
Some Guy Redemptionism.
21st September 2006 11:03 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes, I regret it, but next week Louisville and then AC. I wish more east Coast/Southern shows. I already have done Giants, so I am skipping this time. Enjoy!!!
[Edited by jb]

Sadly, you will be "bussed" from Philly to AC. Seeing you on a charter bus clutching your free bag of peanuts/pretzel mix while wearing "RS Fan Asylum Lanyard" and free T Shirt does not suit you. I suggest wearing a fake beard/sunglasses to not be recognized. Your image will take a major hit here.
21st September 2006 11:09 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, you will be "bussed" from Philly to AC. Seeing you on a charter bus clutching your free bag of peanuts/pretzel mix while wearing "RS Fan Asylum Lanyard" and free T Shirt does not suit you. I suggest wearing a fake beard/sunglasses to not be recognized. Your image will take a major hit here.

I don't wear the RS shirt as it is crap...I amy also simply hire a limo.
21st September 2006 11:13 AM
Joey " I don't wear the RS shirt as it is crap...I amy also simply hire a limo."

21st September 2006 11:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't wear the RS shirt as it is crap...I amy also simply hire a limo.

Please hire a limo service so you may be "whisked away" to the venue while pausing for a brief wave out of a 25% lowered window to those gathered at the bus stop. Just as many now associate you with the Foxboro show's attendance (recall, i advised you to pull out (see: paris hilton) much earlier), most will associate you with "the bus"
21st September 2006 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please hire a limo service so you may be "whisked away" to the venue while pausing for a brief wave out of a 25% lowered window to those gathered at the bus stop. Just as many now associate you with the Foxboro show's attendance (recall, i advised you to pull out (see: paris hilton) much earlier), most will associate you with "the bus"

I have booked Austin. Can you please advise how the seats are set up there? Thanks..
21st September 2006 11:34 AM
pdog The Rowing Stones?
21st September 2006 11:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have booked Austin. Can you please advise how the seats are set up there? Thanks..

show is very much general admission. You will be forced to run (even with your bad hips) to obtain a front spot, or you can take a seat on the bleachers! Note: No Lawn Chairs, bug zappers, fly swatters, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or anything similar are allowed.

This is another mistake as this is not your kind of show!

Vegas would have been a much wiser option for you!
21st September 2006 11:56 AM
Joey " Vegas would have been a much wiser option for you!"

21st September 2006 11:59 AM
Some Guy People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
Just because we are still around (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation
This is my humiliation, baby

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my h-h-h-humiliation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my h-h-humiliation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation
21st September 2006 12:04 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

show is very much general admission. You will be forced to run (even with your bad hips) to obtain a front spot, or you can take a seat on the bleachers! Note: No Lawn Chairs, bug zappers, fly swatters, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or anything similar are allowed.

This is another mistake as this is not your kind of show!

Vegas would have been a much wiser option for you!

agreed...any on stage seating???
21st September 2006 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Just because we are still around (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my h-h-h-humiliation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my h-h-humiliation (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my humiliation)

This is my humiliation

Oh , MY !!!!!!

THAT is ' Miracle on ICE ' Postin '

You are P.O.S.T.I.N. ... Postin'

......just a postin away !!!!

21st September 2006 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

agreed...any on stage seating???

yes, you will be forced to stand and have a limited view and "fight" for space along the railing....again, not your style...Please cancel this trip and choose another show (see: Vegas)
21st September 2006 02:50 PM
jb Mr. Toads!!!!
21st September 2006 03:31 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is a photo (I swear the God) of the friend who started me thinking negatively yesterday.

It was published in the Buffalo News last week and for some reason I think it is very very fitting this am

I texted her the set list from last night and said "Ponder this as you row tomorrow"

LMFAO

LJ.

From here to infirmity! Keef, keep on truckin!

Darling, you must be that rare, extremly precious RS fanatic jewel I've always been dreaming of!

I really don't want to hurt a neat woman like you, but their last show was in Rio. All other were just awkward embarrasement to themselves, to their legacy and to most people who really loved them.

Sorry!

21st September 2006 03:45 PM
jb Buffalo humiliated again:
http://margaretsoltan.phenominet.com/2006/09/whip-me-again-master-lets-give-cheer.html
21st September 2006 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Mr. Toads!!!!

I shall be there this evening ( 9:25 PM CST ) .

First " Jaggerbomb " is for you !
21st September 2006 04:28 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I shall be there this evening ( 9:25 PM CST ) .

First " Jaggerbomb " is for you !

What is a " Jaggerbomb " again?
21st September 2006 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot >they put the best show in the world<

I'm sorry, but that is just not true.

They may put on the best show in the world for your tastes, but not for EVERYONE's tastes. Or maybe they put on the best STADIUM show...as if that is something to brag about. I saw the Stones at MSG earlier this year. I've also seen about 7 other shows since that I'd say were BETTER.

Better energy, better playing, better band chemistry, better enthusiasm, better sound, better crowds, better time had all the way around. And at 1/10th the price.

However, the Stones will always have the best songs. The Stones have the best catalogue of songs in all of rocknrolldom. That'll never change. And Mick. Mick is the touchstone for every other frontman in the game. Mick Jagger is the 9th wonder of the world. I just wish he'd get back to writing rock n roll instead of this adult contemporary pop crap.
21st September 2006 08:14 PM
deuce I wasn't at last night's show, but has Keith honestly played anything recently where you heard it and thought to yourself; "You know, that was some good playing". Be honest.
21st September 2006 08:15 PM
pdog G n' R was a better show than The Stones last night, however, like SS just said, the songs aren't the same caliber. The crowd was really into it... In like an insane over the edge, about to riot frenzy... Alot of assholes b/c it's G n' R and they bring out the meatheads, but still, great to see the energy level so intense... I haven't been to alot of Stones shows as compared to some. I saw them first in 1981, and that same intense riot edge of chaos feeling was in the crowd. I've never experienced that again with them... They could have it they wanted it. It really boils down the ticket prices... I have a feeling in Europe with GA floor (pitch) you get some of that. Which is why, next year, I will go see a show in Europe, to hopefully get that feeling I've been chasing with them for 25 years...
21st September 2006 08:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Buffalo humiliated again:
http://margaretsoltan.phenominet.com/2006/09/whip-me-again-master-lets-give-cheer.html

Do you spend ALL of your time googling Buffalo???

I think you secretly want to experience one of our delightful winters...in person.

I'd love to throw a big snowball at your head.

LJ.
21st September 2006 08:43 PM
TomL Jackey= Paris made this thread all better. Was a bore till her flaming lips came into play. Thanks Joey.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)