ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eating our words ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st September 2006 03:55 AM
Stray Cat UK How many set list moaners - myself included, have egg on our faces this morning ?

Way to go Keith !

sc uk
21st September 2006 03:57 AM
F505
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
How many set list moaners - myself included, have egg on our faces this morning ?

Way to go Keith !

sc uk

Have you read the review of Lotsajizz?
[Edited by F505]
21st September 2006 04:11 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:

Have you read the review of Lotsajizz?
[Edited by F505]

Have you read the review of Nellcote? Or the reviews over at IORR and Shidoobee? So far Lotsajizz is the only one to provide a negative review.
21st September 2006 04:15 AM
F505
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Have you read the review of Nellcote? Or the reviews over at IORR and Shidoobee? So far Lotsajizz is the only one to provide a negative review.

True... I really wonder if they have seen the same concert!
21st September 2006 04:17 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:

True... I really wonder if they have seen the same concert!

Same here
21st September 2006 04:34 AM
MRD8 I can't get too excited over this setlist...only tour first timers were Keith's songs(good choices though!), nothing they were heard rehearsing at Boston U...they just change the order of the songs around a little...less songs from ABB instead of more...I'm just not too excited about last nights show!
21st September 2006 04:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
How many set list moaners - myself included, have egg on our faces this morning ?

Way to go Keith !

sc uk

Depends what way you look at it. I consider it a sign that theyve listened to their fanbase at last and stopped coasting.

There have been ten 'warhorses' on this tour to date that they play pretty much every night and have been afraid to drop or even rest. Last night they ditched three of them (Miss You, IORR and YCAGWYW). They also played a stretch of about 7 songs in a row which featured nothing from 40 Licks - the album they appear to have been touring behind for the last 12 months. And, contrary to the fears of Mick and several people who seemed to have fallen for his level of paranoia - it doesnt appear that there were mass walkouts as a result. And Keith dusted off two songs that he hasnt played in years.

Balanced against the quibble that they only played two ABB songs.

I'll defer judgement on the mixed reviews until I hear a recording of it. Hopefully, jizzy's account was more a sign of under rehearsal than anything else
21st September 2006 05:02 AM
maumau as i said: let's drink to the stay at home moaners!
21st September 2006 05:05 AM
Stray Cat UK I was refering to the set list rather than performance,but I would expect some "rustiness" after 3 weeks of playing pirates and only 2 or 3 days rehearsals,most of them without M.J.

Time will tell ,but it's a good sign IMHO.

SC UK
21st September 2006 05:06 AM
Flairville With a setlist like that I am considering a little trip! I will decide in a fortnight. I can't wait to hear the boot. I wonder what else is soon to come? Hope everyone's well. Ben.
21st September 2006 05:09 AM
Stray Cat UK Hello Ben,

Have a good trip !
21st September 2006 11:16 AM
jb The set list did not impress me..No GS or SFM....also, SOL is an embarrassment to most ................<>
21st September 2006 11:18 AM
pdog I do, and I wear it proudly and will not go hungry today...
21st September 2006 11:40 AM
glencar Hey all! I'm up in CT at my sister's house so I'll give a quick review. Had a great time with Nellcote, Wintah, Luxury & Throbby & guests before the big show. Loved meeting everyone! Missed Kanye West which disappointed my niece but saved me time.

The show started later than I thought it would(9PM) but PIB was an interesting song for opener. The first ahlf of the show was incredible as far as the set list went but I thought they palyed a bit rough on some songs & the crowd seemed a bit reserved. Mick tried to get a singalong verse of Sweet VA going but met little response. After Keith's set(Little T&A was horn-driven!) the rest of the show was pretty rote. The Stones ahve probably responded to the criticism & I liked what I saw. I think a stadium up here at this time of year was probably a bad idea. Fa-reezing!
21st September 2006 11:41 AM
Joey " I do, and I wear it proudly and will not go hungry today..."

21st September 2006 11:45 AM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:
The set list did not impress me..No GS or SFM....also, SOL is an embarrassment to most ................<>

Sorry to hear that this setlist was not impressive, hopefully they will play the two WARHORSES that you are requesting at another show. SOL was awesome, I guess it's just one of those songs that you either love or hate.
21st September 2006 11:49 AM
GotToRollMe Would y'all like fries with that?
Or maybe a side of pate de fois gras?
21st September 2006 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Sorry to hear that this setlist was not impressive, hopefully they will play the two WARHORSES that you are requesting at another show. SOL was awesome, I guess it's just one of those songs that you either love or hate.

ABB(only 513k copies sold USA) was a cmmercial and artistic failure which cannot be denied. SOL is a panzy ass song, which the Stones of the Taylor era, would not even comprehend...I am glad they added a few songs last night, but lets not pretend this was anything special....(at least "Night Time" dropped).
21st September 2006 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

ABB(only 513k copies sold USA) was a cmmercial and artistic failure which cannot be denied. SOL is a panzy ass song, which the Stones of the Taylor era, would not even comprehend...

the same "Stones of the Taylor era" who dressed up as sailors, whose lead singer plastered himself in make up, ponced around in glittery jumpsuits, shagged David Bowie and who recorded "If You Really Want To Be My Friend" ?

Shhhuurely not!
21st September 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the same "Stones of the Taylor era" who dressed up as sailors, whose lead singer plastered himself in make up, ponced around in glittery jumpsuits, shagged David Bowie and who recorded "If You Really Want To Be My Friend" ?

Shhhuurely not!

And we loved it!!!!!
21st September 2006 02:25 PM
throbby glencar wrote:

The Stones ahve probably responded to the criticism & I liked what I saw.

Amen brother!
21st September 2006 04:24 PM
Paranoid_Android Great improvement on the changes...like many of you out there...I too had a few preferred drops/add-ons...perhaps 93 shows w/ the same last half of every show, in the same order was their limit...who knows?!?

My preferred change...DROP SMU FOREVER!!!
Dig up, dust off, and polish up 1 or 2 from the vault like Dance (pt 1), She Was Hot, Fingerprint File, or even Too Much Blood...btw...bring back songs 20 and 21!!!
21st September 2006 04:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Great improvement on the changes...like many of you out there...I too had a few preferred drops/add-ons...perhaps 93 shows w/ the same last half of every show, in the same order was their limit...who knows?!?

My preferred change...DROP SMU FOREVER!!!
Dig up, dust off, and polish up 1 or 2 from the vault like Dance (pt 1), She Was Hot, Fingerprint File, or even Too Much Blood...btw...bring back songs 20 and 21!!!

Dance Little Sister would smoke!
21st September 2006 04:32 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:

And we loved it!!!!!

but would you love it now?
21st September 2006 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
I do, and I wear it proudly and will not go hungry today...

yes the egg tastes damn good today!

I am admittingly the top set list complainer here (all the others are merely my minions). And I am overly pleased with the set. Thrilled that the band was inspired to drop some overplayed warhorses (esp MU, IORR & NT) and - even better - jam the set with some of the best songs from their best era: Live With Me, Sway, Monkey Man, Sweet Virginia, YGTS.

PIB was a great opener. (Perhaps the most creative opener since NFA?)

a great opening run of songs. And JJF on the B must of been cool. (1st time?)

YGTS (1st time since 98) Little T&A (1st time since 82!!!)

a good sign. An nice shakeup. Almost as well thought as the No Security set shakeup following the B2B tour.
21st September 2006 04:44 PM
throbby Well said
21st September 2006 08:18 PM
pdog Saint Sway has spoken, and I listened...
21st September 2006 08:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yes the egg tastes damn good today!

I am admittingly the top set list complainer here (all the others are merely my minions). And I am overly pleased with the set. Thrilled that the band was inspired to drop some overplayed warhorses (esp MU, IORR & NT) and - even better - jam the set with some of the best songs from their best era: Live With Me, Sway, Monkey Man, Sweet Virginia, YGTS.

PIB was a great opener. (Perhaps the most creative opener since NFA?)

a great opening run of songs. And JJF on the B must of been cool. (1st time?)

YGTS (1st time since 98) Little T&A (1st time since 82!!!)

a good sign. An nice shakeup. Almost as well thought as the No Security set shakeup following the B2B tour.

Amen!!!
21st September 2006 09:04 PM
PiotrRS ...
nevermind
[Edited by PiotrRS]
21st September 2006 09:30 PM
Soldatti It was a great setlist, but with only 2 songs from the last 25+ years.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)