ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Think I'm Going Mad Return to archive
20th September 2006 06:04 AM
Ronnie Richards I'm now referring to the undercover b-side...

Never heard this. Is it any good?
Why wasn't it on Rarities??
20th September 2006 06:27 AM
Gazza yes..its a good track -

not on 'Rarities' because - wait for it - apparently they lost the master tape
20th September 2006 09:24 AM
marko How they can loose it,i have the original tongue shaped
single.......and they donīt.bastards!
20th September 2006 09:29 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
How they can loose it,i have the original tongue shaped
single.......and they donīt.bastards!

Hello Baby Marko ....
20th September 2006 12:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes..its a good track -

not on 'Rarities' because - wait for it - apparently they lost the master tape

really???? Thats pathetic if its true.

anyone know who plays the wonderful sax piece on that song? Or did they lose the song credits too?
20th September 2006 01:04 PM
Gazza LOL...David Sanborn, I believe.

Bobby Keys plays on the 1979 take that appears on bootlegs, though

Its not unheard of to misplace a master tape, it seems.

When Springsteen was assembling the songs for his "Tracks" boxed set of outtakes in 1998, they couldnt locate the master of "My Lover Man", so he cut a new version esepcially for the boxed set instead
[Edited by Gazza]
20th September 2006 01:06 PM
Saint Sway the version I have is from a bootleg. But its definately not Bobby. Sounds like it could be Sanborn. He was popping up on albums all the time back then.
20th September 2006 01:15 PM
pdog There was a time that Through The Lonely Nights master tape was said to be lost... I think it's bullshit, and it will come out on a to be released Rarities Pt. II type album someday.
20th September 2006 01:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
There was a time that Through The Lonely Nights master tape was said to be lost... I think it's bullshit, and it will come out on a to be released Rarities Pt. II type album someday.

hopefully by then they will of lost the Mannish Boy master
20th September 2006 01:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

hopefully by then they will of lost the Mannish Boy master

They've lost it! In a psyhological sense! And so have us die-hards!
you know it's bad when someone like me is going to see G&R aka as Axl Rose covers G&R, tonight instead of flying to Boston to see a Stones show!
How did I sink so low, so fast?
20th September 2006 01:32 PM
Saint Sway a Stones show is still the most fun you can have

but musically speaking I am now enjoying seeing other bands more
20th September 2006 02:03 PM
Egbert Looking forward to Rarities II. I'm lame when it come to boots - own only Brussels and L&G DVD - so Rarities (I) was like manna from heaven for me (well, most of it anyway). They're apparently not going to include non-officially released outtakes such as Claudine or Criss Cross Man/Mind but I'd like to see these on "II":

Undercover/Feel On Baby dubs
Think I'm Going Mad
B-Sides from '89-'90 tour such as 2K Light Years & Play With Fire
Cook Cook Blues
Voodoo Lounge B-Sides
Stripped extras Black Limo & All Down The Line
Maybe a couple cuts from '02-'03 that didn't make Live Licks (or did make LL - I didn't buy that one)...
Under The Radar
Don't Wanna Go Home
20th September 2006 02:10 PM
Saint Sway we need cleaned up versions of..

No Spare Parts
Claudine
Linda Lu
Apartment No. 9
Good Time Woman
Drift Away
Hound Dog
So Young
Livin In The Heart Of Love
You Got The Silver (Mick vocal)
20th September 2006 02:39 PM
texile great song - i had it on the b-side of either she's so cold or er....
one of favorite outtakes....sad song, jagger sounds defeated - it was that winding down period after the 70s.
20th September 2006 02:53 PM
CraigP "I think I need to drink a softer cup of coffee" - great line.

I like when the song is fading out and Mick's just belting out "I think this worlds insaaaane!"
20th September 2006 03:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
we need cleaned up versions of..

No Spare Parts
Claudine
Linda Lu
Apartment No. 9
Good Time Woman
Drift Away
Hound Dog
So Young
Livin In The Heart Of Love
You Got The Silver (Mick vocal)

theyre not 'rarities' but outtakes.

Different project entirely. And "Apartment No 9", great though it is, is a solo performance, not a Stones song.

A "Rarities 2" would be pointless considering theyve already blown the concept entirely with the half arsed collection they assembled for last years release. Songs from "Stripped" (an album which sold 3.5 million) arent "rare".

If they use that yardstick, they may as well fill it with all of the songs from "A Bigger Bang" and just re-title it "More Rarities"
20th September 2006 03:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:
great song - i had it on the b-side of either she's so cold or er....
one of favorite outtakes....sad song, jagger sounds defeated - it was that winding down period after the 70s.

Was the b-side of "She was hot". Wasnt that single released as a 'shaped disc' ?
20th September 2006 03:22 PM
texile
quote:
CraigP wrote:
"I think I need to drink a softer cup of coffee" - great line.

I like when the song is fading out and Mick's just belting out "I think this worlds insaaaane!"

that's great but i always thought he was singing,
'i can't even drink, or sip a cup of coffee aaaah..'

i like this line:
'you ought to see my shaking hands...'
20th September 2006 07:42 PM
Soldatti They're planning a brand new live album it seems.
21st September 2006 04:21 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Gazza wrote:

When Springsteen was assembling the songs for his "Tracks" boxed set of outtakes in 1998, they couldnt locate the master of "My Lover Man", so he cut a new version esepcially for the boxed set instead
[Edited by Gazza]

I guess you mean "Gave It A Name"

Anyways, thanks for the info.
21st September 2006 05:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

I guess you mean "Gave It A Name"

Anyways, thanks for the info.

thats the one. Yes
21st September 2006 07:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man Rarities should never of seen the light of day in my opinion. They should've just released a b-sides collection from 1971 onwards. No thrills, just a simple collection.
21st September 2006 08:17 AM
Gazza yes..and called it something like..."Rarities".

The concept is fine. The song selection is (for half the album) ludicrous.

There probably is barely enough non album b-sides post 1971 to fill a CD anyway. If there are, most would be taken from 1989 onwards so it would be a bit lopsided.

Of the 16 songs on the album, the only 9 songs that should be there are :

Fancy Man Blues, Tumbling Dice, Beast of Burden, Anyway You look At It, Wish I Never met You, Just Wanna Make Love To You, Through the Lonely Nights, Live With Me and Let It Rock

Of the rest :

There is no point including the 12' extended version of Miss You if youre then going to edit a full minute out of it

Thru and Thru is a Live Licks outtake, taken from Four Flicks. Doesnt belong on a Rarities release.

If I Was a Dancer is no longer a rarity as Sucking in the 70's had been released on CD a few months earlier

Wild Horses is taken from Stripped, a mult-platinum album. A rarity? Its about as rare as Brown Sugar.

Including the edited version of Mannish Boy from LYL as released on Sucking in the 70's is plain idiotic.

Mixed Emotions and Harlem Shuffle - there probably isnt a Stones fan alive who would prefer to see the inclusion of a couple of DJ mixes (where much of the music has been stripped away or fucked with in some form) instead of a bonafide B-side or hard to find gem. This shit doesnt belong on a Rolling stones album.

21st September 2006 09:05 AM
marko I didnīt even buy the damn thing,i didnīt buy live lick cd
either,not worth of money.
And yes,the tongue shaped single,i think iīm going mad is
b-side of that.At that time when i bought it,i was told that "only" 30 000copies were made,donīt know if its any
true?
21st September 2006 09:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man Amazon UK has the She Was Hot 7" on their site. Its Ģ25 though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/She-Was-Hot-7-VINYL/dp/B000057ADJ/ref=sr_11_1/026-3429422-9376416?ie=UTF8
22nd September 2006 10:30 AM
glencar
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Amazon UK has the She Was Hot 7" on their site. Its Ģ25 though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/She-Was-Hot-7-VINYL/dp/B000057ADJ/ref=sr_11_1/026-3429422-9376416?ie=UTF8

I'll sell ya my copy for 24 pounds!
22nd September 2006 11:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll sell ya my copy for 24 pounds!

LOL, its a silly price. How can it be worth Ģ25 when a mint copy of Come On is worth the same? I reckon if I rooted through all the little record shops selling vinyl 45's, I could pick up a copy for no more than about Ģ10. I personally wouldn’t of thought its even worth that.
22nd September 2006 11:14 AM
glencar Much less here in the US record shops.
22nd September 2006 01:01 PM
aladdinstory is "Think I'm Goin' Mad" a Keith song?

I used to think it was a Jagger composition, but someone sent me a long, like 9 min version of it (not great quality) and Keith is singing lead. So now I'm not so sure

Rarities was a joke! with so much great material just collecting dust, in some ways it's release was an insult to their "fans" intelligence.

My two cents but this would make a fine set of songs for a true outtakes/rarities album:

Fiji Jim
Claudine
I Love Ladies
Honest Man
Make It Now
Livin' Is A Harder Love
Criss Cross
Let's Go Steady
Chainsaw Rocker
Crushed Pearl
Deep Love
Strictly Memphis
Jah Is Not Dead
No Spare Parts
For Your Precious Love
22nd September 2006 02:34 PM
texile sounds like a mick song.....
keith sometimes begins songs but the released version sounds vintage mick -
the lyrics sound improvised.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)