ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 42,000 tickets sold in Boston? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
19th September 2006 03:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

no...he is not interested in the band or it's legacy-he is a social climber interfested in securing petty titles and enormous wealth-he has succeeded at both. He has no interaction w/ the band other than show time.

[/URL]
19th September 2006 03:18 PM
jb There is no r/s.....this tour, as pointed out by someone, is their waterloo....thousands of unsold tickets, even in major markets like Boston, NY, Chicago, Oakland, LA....they are viewed as total frauds, has beens, washed up.
19th September 2006 03:22 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
There is no r/s.....this tour, as pointed out by someone, is their waterloo....thousands of unsold tickets, even in major markets like Boston, NY, Chicago, Oakland, LA....they are viewed as total frauds, has beens, washed up.

Viewed as...? Maybe we are just a little late to catch on.
19th September 2006 03:23 PM
Some Guy Atlanta will be a huge sellout! Standing room only! Atlanta is a Stones town. Should of opened up in the A-T-L.
19th September 2006 03:31 PM
Green Tea I agree to a point. BUT, this is their 5th time in Boston (plus they played Hartford) in less than a year.

They play the stadium as much as the Patriots.

The shows at Fenway were almost impossible to get tix to.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is wrong w/ the Stones.

1/ Prices are way too high
2/ They have simply oversaturated the market the last few years.
3/ They are seen by the masses as being money hungry businessmen. Not actual musicians anymore.

All that said. They are on the 4th leg of one of the biggest and most successful tour's of all time. Plus, they had a #1 record on the global album charts in the last year.

I think there is still life in the Stones going forward if they do things right. They need a truly great album to sell the next tour. They need to be pushed in the studio next time around.

It's as simple as that.
[Edited by Green Tea]
[Edited by Green Tea]
19th September 2006 03:42 PM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me Cohl is personally work a toll booth in the area selling tickets with fare tokens and the tour is now called Doing It For The Commuters (DIFTC).

The Stones have also been about doing something a little something special to the working men and women.
19th September 2006 03:50 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me Cohl is personally work a toll booth in the area selling tickets with fare tokens and the tour is now called Doing It For The Commuters (DIFTC).

The Stones have also been about doing something a little something special to the working men and women.

"Lets work, be proud"
19th September 2006 04:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Just hear on the radio that the Stones have sold 42k tickets and that about 3k were left. Also, that some of the best ($350) seats were discounted (or let go by the band at half price)

Is this true?

I thought the stadium was going to be 65% empty?

The tour is a bust .............

.....................ss ! "

19th September 2006 04:20 PM
mrhipfl During the 1960s the stones were breaking grounds in music and rock n' roll. Now they're breaking grounds in making as much money out of it as possible.
19th September 2006 04:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
During the 1960s the stones were breaking grounds in music and rock n' roll. Now they're breaking grounds in making as much money out of it as possible.

I'm thinking of changing my board name to "ntheqtl"
19th September 2006 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me Cohl is personally work a toll booth in the area selling tickets with fare tokens and the tour is now called Doing It For The Commuters (DIFTC).

That is Miracle on Ice Postin'

19th September 2006 05:17 PM
Soldatti Tumbling price gives Stones fans more Bang for buck
By Jed Gottlieb
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - Updated: 12:38 AM EST

They’re old, they’re battered, but they’re still up for one more Boston big bang.

After kicking off their most massive tour yet with two sold-out Fenway shows last August, the Rolling Stones returned for two January stops at the Garden. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie must love the Hub because tomorrow the Stones open the tour’s fourth leg at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro.

We’re not saying the Stones do things by the numbers - even if they have opened 90 percent of the shows with either “Start Me Up” or “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” - but they have generated some curious stats in the past year and a half. From Keith’s notorious coconut climb to their Sox sod botch, here are few of our favorites.

Number of 2005 tours bigger than A Bigger Bang: 0 (with ticket sales topping $162 million, it was the top-grossing tour of 2005; and Billboard named the Stones tour the biggest of the first half of 2006)

Number of Stones fans who have seen the tour: 4.5 million

Number of “A Bigger Bang” CDs sold in the United States: 522,000

Number of shows so far: 97

Number of shows to go: 19

Number of Boston shows so far: 4 (two at Fenway, two at the Garden)

Amount of price drop for cheapest seats at tomorrow’s Gillette show: $40; the $62.50 original asking price is down to a piddling $22.50

Number of square feet of sod needed to patch the outfield after their Fenway shows: 40,000 (a Sox game held at the park three days later had to be pushed back an hour to finish the repairs.)

Approximate number of fans at a Feb. 19 free show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 2 million

Number of songs the Chinese government banned the Stones from playing at their April 8 show: 4 (“Brown Sugar,” “Honky Tonk Women,” “Beast of Burden” and “Let’s Spend the Night Together.”)

Number of members to fall out of coconut trees: 1 (Keith took a tumble while vacationing in Fiji.)

Number of shows Guns N’ Roses was supposed to open: 2 (the two German dates were canceled after Keith’s noggin bump.)

Number of recent rehab stints: 1 (Ron Wood’s publicist said, diplomatically, that he just needed rest.)

Number of shows canceled due to Mick’s laryngitis: 2 (a pair of Spain gigs were nixed to let the 63-year-old’s voice recover.)

Number of Scottish smoking bans broken: 0 (thanks to a technicality, smoking is banned only in public places that are 50 percent enclosed; turns out Keith was free to light up on stage in Glasgow.)

The Rolling Stones, with Kanye West, at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, tomorrow. Tickets, $22.50 to $352.50, www.ticketmaster.com

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=158176
19th September 2006 05:23 PM
Saint Sway Number of useless musicians that don't belong on the stage with them: 7

[Edited by Saint Sway]
19th September 2006 05:48 PM
Gazza >Number of Stones fans who have seen the tour: 4.5 million
>Number of “A Bigger Bang” CDs sold in the United States: 522,000

Average ticket price in US - $167
Average CD price in US - $15 (??)

Number of valid excuses for lousy ABB sales - 0

[Edited by Gazza]
19th September 2006 07:13 PM
Soldatti They should push the sales of ABB, at least to the 600-700k mark.
19th September 2006 08:05 PM
littleredrooster Do all of these reports confirm that Keith will sing....

'This Place Is Empty'

?????????????????????
20th September 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They should push the sales of ABB, at least to the 600-700k mark.

Amazing how poor that disc has done!!! Not even 1 million here!!!
20th September 2006 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

As predicted, Starbucks was not a wise choice for marketing purposes!
20th September 2006 01:59 PM
parmeda
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Do all of these reports confirm that Keith will sing....

'This Place Is Empty'

?????????????????????

Jesus Christ! It's Roostah!!!!!

How are you, my friend?
(geez, I need to check the board more often!)
20th September 2006 02:07 PM
Green Tea WEEI in Boston said the show is now close to a sellout. Plus the Boston Herald is saying "a little over 42,000 of 45,000 tickets have been sold.

Who would have thought?
20th September 2006 02:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
WEEI in Boston said the show is now close to a sellout. Plus the Boston Herald is saying "a little over 42,000 of 45,000 tickets have been sold.

Who would have thought?

Wonder how many were sold for $22.50? And I bet there is room for 55,000 at least.
20th September 2006 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Wonder how many were sold for $22.50? And I bet there is room for 55,000 at least.

Bon Jovi sold out at 45k...off course they could have fit 55k if it sold well....it is a 70k seat venue!!!
20th September 2006 03:29 PM
Green Tea It's not even close to being a 70,000 seat arena. It's more like 55k on a good day.
20th September 2006 04:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
It's not even close to being a 70,000 seat arena. It's more like 55k on a good day.

The official stadium website lists the capacity as over 68,000
20th September 2006 04:51 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The official stadium website lists the capacity as over 68,000

For a football game, I imagine.
20th September 2006 05:18 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
WEEI in Boston said the show is now close to a sellout. Plus the Boston Herald is saying "a little over 42,000 of 45,000 tickets have been sold.

Who would have thought?

WEEI? Bob Kraft must've called Glen to try and help him out. Blocks of 12 tickets in great sections in just about all price ranges could be had on TM not more than a couple of hours ago. Brokers are going to be stuck with enough leftover tickets to wallpaper their offices with. The Herald also said the Stones sold out both of the Garden shows, too. Not even close.
20th September 2006 05:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

For a football game, I imagine.

yes...which is Joshy's point. And which Green tea was disputing, I believe
[Edited by Gazza]
20th September 2006 05:37 PM
lotsajizz and mine is one of those tickets....I am in 'ready-show mode'....off now to the stadium 5:37 P.M. EST

20th September 2006 07:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes...which is Joshy's point. And which Green tea was disputing, I believe
[Edited by Gazza]

Sorry, I checked out for the middle of the thread.
20th September 2006 07:51 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

Dylan's last album (currently at 420k after 3 weeks) could surpass ABB in the next 2 weeks.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)