ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes did "You Got the Silver" last night Return to archive
19th September 2006 07:07 AM
Mel Belli A harbinger of the Stones' own fall tour, perhaps?
19th September 2006 10:39 AM
Saint Sway FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

been pleading with Rich to break that one out forever

FUCK! I wish I was there! Cant wait to hear this! MY INSTANT LIVE RECORDING CAN NOT COME FAST ENOUGH!!!
19th September 2006 11:06 AM
Jumping Jack Wouldn't be nice if these guys could actually write some decent songs of their own instead of being a Stones cover band? Humiliating!!!
19th September 2006 11:13 AM
Saint Sway maybe you could lend them some of the hit songs you've written in your basement
19th September 2006 11:53 PM
ShaneJazz That sounds like it would be a great cover to hear. Let us know how it was after you hear it, Sway. I love the Crowes, always have. By Your Side is such an underrated album, all killer tunes. They are merely keeping alive the mostly forgotten (to the masses at least) killer Stones gems. While the Stones are playing crap like The Night Time is the Right Time and Streets of Love, at least the Crowes keep it real with old time classic Stones tunes. True, they definitely need to write some of their own modern day classics, but give 'em time, they just might.
20th September 2006 09:08 PM
Martha Keef's version is one of the 2 ringtones we have on our cell. I love that song.

:-)
20th September 2006 09:33 PM
Mel Belli And Keith will sing it tonight!
21st September 2006 12:20 PM
Martha
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
And Keith will sing it tonight!

You called it!

Gawd I wish I could have been there.

:-)

21st September 2006 03:19 PM
Jumping Jack When will Keef cover one of the Crowes biggest hits?
21st September 2006 03:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
When will Keef cover one of the Crowes biggest hits?

Frankly I don't think he's capable of playing Black Crowes music anymore.
21st September 2006 05:00 PM
twicks1 Kind of like saying Muddy Waters wasn't capable of playing a Blues Hammer song, isn't it?
21st September 2006 05:31 PM
Some Guy
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
By Your Side is such an underrated album, all killer tunes.

Very true, I enjoy that one a lot!
22nd September 2006 08:42 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Kind of like saying Muddy Waters wasn't capable of playing a Blues Hammer song, isn't it?

You mean that Black Crowes and Rolling Stones songs are synonymous or indistinguishable? Well, Keith can't play his own songs anymore, either!
22nd September 2006 09:34 AM
twicks1 Meaning a brilliant artist is incapable of reproducing (or "covering") a watered-down version of his own original works.
22nd September 2006 10:49 AM
Mel Belli All brilliant artists eventually wane -- if they live long enough. Just a fact of life. I'm glad Keith is still here, and am basically happy with the "crumbs." (Even if I don't like paying filet-mingon prices for said crumbs.)
22nd September 2006 10:50 AM
jb When are theyu coming back to S. Fla? I musxt catchthem again as they play extremely good rock and roll.
22nd September 2006 10:52 AM
glencar Joshy, NOT YOU TOO?!?
22nd September 2006 01:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Meaning a brilliant artist is incapable of reproducing (or "covering") a watered-down version of his own original works.

Listen, Keith's declining abilities aside, I think it's absurd to suggest that the sum total of the Crowes' material is just "watered-down" Stones. Anyone who thinks that hasn't heard a Black Crowes song in close to 15 years.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
22nd September 2006 04:43 PM
Saint Sway word.

Melvin Beli knows his rock and roll.
22nd September 2006 04:52 PM
twicks1 Wrong.

You really don't think the Muddy Waters/Blues Hammer analogy is a good one? It makes me laugh every time I read it.
[Edited by twicks1]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)