ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones rehearsing at the Orpheum Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
20th September 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I told you they would use billboards as they did in London...

this afternoon they've hired a small plane pulling a banner to fly over the Boston area

The banner reads: "Rolling Stones Tonite Only $22.50 Plus 2 for 1 Well Drinks For Students"
20th September 2006 12:19 PM
Jeep From Boston Herald :

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=158364

Stones tix prices roll downhill
By Jay Fitzgerald
Boston Herald General Economics Reporter
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - Updated: 09:52 AM EST

Rolling Stones fans apparently aren’t jumpin’ like Jack Flash for tickets to tonight’s megaconcert at Gillette Stadium - the fifth concert by the aging rockers in the Boston area over the past 13 months.

Tonight’s thundering gala is expected to sell out - but with the help of a ticket promotion that reduced the price of nose-bleed seats to $22.50 from $62.50, in an effort to lure college students. The promotion is being billed as an add-on to bringing in hip-hop opening act Kanye West.

Gillette Stadium spokesman Stacey James said just over 40,000 of the approximate 43,000 available seats were sold as of yesterday afternoon, and the rest of the seats should sell easily via walk-in customers by the 7 p.m. start time in Foxboro.

James said Gillette, owned by New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, is pleased with sales, which he described as “steady” and predictable.

The concert, promoted by the Kraft family’s stadium entertainment arm, will still make millions of dollars, slow sales or not, said Gary Bongiovanni, editor of Pollstar magazine, which tracks the music and concert industry.

Bongiovanni said the Stones and concert promoters may have “pushed the envelope” by coming back to Boston for a fifth time in 15 months. The Stones played two sold-out shows at Fenway Park in August 2005, launching their current concert megatour. They came back to Boston in January, playing two more sold-out shows at the T.D. BankNorth Garden.

“You may be talking about a situation there where they may be stretching it a bit in Boston,” he said of five concerts in just over a year.

But he said the entire Stones tour has been a huge hit - and a fifth trip to Boston indicates local fans have gotten plenty of satisfaction.

“It’s been a very successful tour,” he said.
[Edited by Jeep]
20th September 2006 12:21 PM
Nellcote The only thing lame about the Stones tour this time around is the fact that The Entire State of Florida could not support one concert!
20th September 2006 12:31 PM
Saint Sway I expect this show to fill up to capacity.

my inside sources just told me that Cohl is deploying the horn section to walk the streets of Boston wearing sandwich boards that read: "Stones Tonite! Buy One Ticket. Get Two FREE!"
20th September 2006 12:55 PM
pdog the only sad thing is I'm not there...
20th September 2006 01:04 PM
Soldatti With tonight's show, they have sold 135,000-140,000 tickets in Boston this tour.
U2 sold 121,000 tickets in 7 shows, of course all arenas but they were touring with a US triple platinum album behind, while ABB barely passed the 500k mark.
20th September 2006 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The only thing lame about the Stones tour this time around is the fact that The Entire State of Florida could not support one concert!

A red herring...we have also not humiliated the band into reducing tickets to $22.50. Boston has ruined 44yrs of greatness in one night!!! Shame, Shame, Shame!!! It's over.
20th September 2006 01:08 PM
Saint Sway Shame, Shame, Shame was rehearsed 3x yesterday.
20th September 2006 01:11 PM
F505 Walk right in
Sit on down
And make
To your set off
At home
Come on baby
You're just like I need
And you're hate
To be
Alone

Is funny how things go around
Is crazy
But it's true

This place is empty
Oh so empty
Is empty without you

Come on
Bear your breath
And make me
Feel
At home
You and me we're just like
All the rest
And we don't
Wanna be
Alone

Is funny how things go around
But go around they do

This place is empty
Empty
So empty without you

Yeah
This place is empty
Empty
So empty without you

Oh yeah
Mm mm

Is empty without you
Mmm mmm

Come on
Simmer down
And treat me
Sweet and cold
At least by now you
You have learnt
How
To plough
A fool

Is funny how dream turn around
Is crazy
But it's true

This place is empty
So empty
So empty without you

This place is empty
Oh so empty
So empty without you

If the above are not the lyrics to (THIS PLACE IS EMPTY) by THE ROLLING STONES Would you kindly report the error ?
20th September 2006 01:11 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Shame, Shame, Shame was rehearsed 3x yesterday.

The Stones, whose sole purpose of touring is a tax break, have certainly helped destoy their legacvy w/out the added shame Boston has added....this is the final world tour(the last of any tours sans Euro next summer), and they chose $$$ over quality....Boston and the Stones have cemented this humiliation for years tgo come...thansk again Boston for making the greatest group ever reduce prices to less than what parking costs!!!! Boston has truly been the death knell of the band....
20th September 2006 01:14 PM
Saint Sway David Ortiz is going. So thats an extra 3 seats filled.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th September 2006 01:15 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
David Ortiz is going. So thats an extra 3 seats filled.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

David Ortiz is the real name of Pug?
20th September 2006 01:17 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

David Ortiz is the real name of Pug?

I thought Pug was a white man??? He is posting the set for Shidoobee tonight...
20th September 2006 01:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Has he become a non-factor over there too?

hopefully he will return to form in time for the new Fall season. We need him for Sweeps Week.
20th September 2006 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Has he become a non-factor over there too?

hopefully he will return to form in time for the new Fall season. We need him for Sweeps Week.

He is certainly a non factor here...he has to drive a lot and no time for posting. Nonetheless, while I earn 6-7 times what he does, he earns more than I did at 29. I was a new atty making a mere 32k a year!!!! he is making over 100k!!!!
20th September 2006 01:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

He is certainly a non factor here...he has to drive a lot and no time for posting.

no internet connection in the Mr. Softy truck eh?
20th September 2006 01:25 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

He is certainly a non factor here...he has to drive a lot and no time for posting. Nonetheless, while I earn 6-7 times what he does, he earns more than I did at 29. I was a new atty making a mere 32k a year!!!! he is making over 100k!!!!

$32k was alot of money in the early 70's...
LOL!
20th September 2006 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I believe he drives a Ford ..he was searching for size 13 shoes today. I believe he can be found at Nordstroms.
[Edited by jb]
20th September 2006 01:32 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Stop!
20th September 2006 01:36 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

20th September 2006 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Funny!!! This is the least ever NA tour-count on it!!!
20th September 2006 07:02 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
jb wrote:

The Stones, whose sole purpose of touring is a tax break, have certainly helped destoy their legacvy w/out the added shame Boston has added....this is the final world tour(the last of any tours sans Euro next summer), and they chose $$$ over quality....Boston and the Stones have cemented this humiliation for years tgo come...thansk again Boston for making the greatest group ever reduce prices to less than what parking costs!!!! Boston has truly been the death knell of the band....

"destroy their legacy" "Boston" "prices" "humiliation" $$$$$ money, money, money..... HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO SAY THIS?!?? It's almost like you're trying to convince yourself otherwise. Cut it out, for God's sake!
22nd September 2006 01:27 AM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey Saint Sway! I'm actually a little nervous about taking photos tomorrow night. The last time I got close was MSG3 and if looks could kill I'd be a dead man. Mick just doesn't like it and lets you know it. No one else seems to care too much. Maybe a few by the B stage if I can get there.

Yes, he did that to me a few years ago at the B-stage. I had a disposable with a flash & he doesn't like those flashes! Nice pix though!
22nd September 2006 06:12 AM
lotsajizz so it must be ok

Cazart
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)