ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones rehearsing at the Orpheum Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
19th September 2006 10:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG Our friend Stonesdoug keeps "adding" rehearsed songs to the list
Dead Flowers
All Down the Line
It Won't Take Long
The Last Time

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th September 2006 10:45 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay...so do I have this right?

Songs rehearsed:

CYHMK
Little T&A
When The Whip Comes Down
She Was Hot
Lovin Cup
You Got The Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

If this weren't posted by Stonesdoug I'd never believe it.

There is a new buzz in the air.

LJ.

Ladies & Gentleman... we have POTENTIAL!!!!

things are really starting to look promising for the Mini Fall Wide Open Tour!!

looks like we might be getting some new gems added to the set!!!!
19th September 2006 11:07 AM
glencar If they do half those proposed songs, I might go to Giants! BTW I saw the first ad for this tour on local NYC TV last night during Letterman. They're getting desperate!
19th September 2006 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
If they do half those proposed songs, I might go to Giants! BTW I saw the first ad for this tour on local NYC TV last night during Letterman. They're getting desperate!

No surprise..and they announce 500 newly releasxes tickets today after Boston stage set up..lmao!!! They have thousands of empties, but another 500 to sell!!!
19th September 2006 11:12 AM
Saint Sway I'm starting to think that the poor sales might help the set list....

maybe they're thinking that if they mix in some rare tunes that sales will pick up because the die hards will want to come back to the shows again?

I dunno... maybe? I'm hoping they still care...
19th September 2006 11:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm starting to think that the poor sales might help the set list....

maybe they're thinking that if they mix in some rare tunes that sales will pick up because the die hards will want to come back to the shows again?

I dunno... maybe? I'm hoping they still care...

We gotta TRY and keep that flame burning, Sway....
19th September 2006 11:26 AM
glencar I posted that same thought the other day. Even Mick & Keith have to realize that things will stay stagnant if they don't turn it up a notch. It seems like Paint It Black has made it into the ending portion of the show. Now drop a couple of warhorses & replace them with Monkey Man & She Was Hot & everyone will be happy for the rest of the year.
19th September 2006 11:32 AM
Gazza Am I the only one slightly disconcerted at the message being sent of the inclusion of BOTH "Its All Over Now" and "The last Time"

gulp.
19th September 2006 11:33 AM
glencar I think it's time; I really do...
19th September 2006 11:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I posted that same thought the other day. Even Mick & Keith have to realize that things will stay stagnant if they don't turn it up a notch. It seems like Paint It Black has made it into the ending portion of the show. Now drop a couple of warhorses & replace them with Monkey Man & She Was Hot & everyone will be happy for the rest of the year.

they will not drop warhorses for lesser known songs. if anything, its the other way round. Always.

however, the list of songs rehearsed is very encouraging. I dont expect them to play half of them, but even with that disclaimer, its a step in the right direction. With the lack of rehearsal time I cant imagine Foxboro will get too many of them but hopefully they'll work them in as the tour progresses. They have quite a lot of days off between now and Giants Stadium - I'd expect the REAL final rehearsals for many of these songs to take place then.
19th September 2006 11:39 AM
glencar My fear is that the only ones form that list will be ones I've heard before like ADTL & Monkey Man.
19th September 2006 11:40 AM
throbby Christ, I hope they give those of us attending Foxboro a couple of changes in the setlist. I'm with Glencar. I don't need note for note perfect renditions. Just let it rock.
19th September 2006 11:45 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
They have quite a lot of days off between now and Giants Stadium - I'd expect the REAL final rehearsals for many of these songs to take place then.

have they ever spent their days off between shows rehearsing??
19th September 2006 11:46 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Do soundchecks count? If so, yes! They usually run through a song they're premiering during those soundchecks/rehearsal!
19th September 2006 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes..see pdog's reply. Thing is, they have a large break here at the very start of this tour. Could be they realised that with such a short gap after Europe and with Keith being otherwise occupied on POTC3, time was going to be tight so they decided on a light schedule for the first week to catch up on some rehearsal time for fresh material.
19th September 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

Do soundchecks count? If so, yes! They usually run through a song they're premiering during those soundchecks/rehearsal!

yes. They've always done that. I just dont know/think that they've ever done full day rehearsals of songs like they do before the opener.

my gut tells me they will bust out like 4 newbies to the set. Gillette crowd is in for a treat. The first couple of shows are always the ones with the nice nuggets in the set. Later on the tour is when they trim the fat.
19th September 2006 11:55 AM
Poplar
after all the "wide open" talk - someone sure as shit better take some shots of the crowd tomorrow night. we gots to know what actually materializes in the seats.
19th September 2006 12:02 PM
DizzyDutchman Where are the FUCKING pics??

19th September 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

after all the "wide open" talk - someone sure as shit better take some shots of the crowd tomorrow night. we gots to know what actually materializes in the seats.

I asked Throbby to take pictures of empties...I hope the $22 tickets helped, but I can't imagine them sellin g outor even coming close..they even started advertsing for Giants!!!
19th September 2006 12:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I asked Throbby to take pictures of empties...

hilarious!

you, my friend, are hysterically relentless
19th September 2006 12:25 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
I asked Throbby to take pictures of empties...

doccumentation ... always a good policy.

19th September 2006 12:27 PM
throbby I'll use the panoramic setting.

I'm starting to get my Stones jones on. I'm too easy.
19th September 2006 12:31 PM
Saint Sway Throbby,

your pics are always the best! Very appreciated! I've got a few of yours printed out and up on the wall in my office

Good luck shooting at the show. And have fun! Don't get caught!

TIA
19th September 2006 12:33 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
I'll use the panoramic setting.

I'm starting to get my Stones jones on. I'm too easy.

lmfao....Oh Joshy...only YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not rent a helicopter an do a fly over???

LJ.
19th September 2006 12:47 PM
throbby Hey Saint Sway! I'm actually a little nervous about taking photos tomorrow night. The last time I got close was MSG3 and if looks could kill I'd be a dead man. Mick just doesn't like it and lets you know it. No one else seems to care too much. Maybe a few by the B stage if I can get there.
19th September 2006 12:50 PM
Nellcote I just got back from Gillette, stage is up, but there is no one there. JB you nailed this, there is no one at the stadium!
19th September 2006 12:54 PM
throbby Nellcote! Are you fully prepared?
19th September 2006 12:56 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey Saint Sway! I'm actually a little nervous about taking photos tomorrow night. The last time I got close was MSG3 and if looks could kill I'd be a dead man. Mick just doesn't like it and lets you know it. No one else seems to care too much. Maybe a few by the B stage if I can get there.

Mick is jealous of your good looks and youth!!!

He sees a younger, taller version of himself.

LJ.
19th September 2006 01:03 PM
throbby Now that's funny! Seriously though, I received some sharp eye daggers in a few of the photos.

19th September 2006 01:03 PM
Nellcote Throbby wrote: "Nellcote! Are you fully prepared?"

I am completely stoked at this time.
I had a client about 2 mi from The Razor, so I took a field trip to the place. Tractor trailers were wheeling in the field flooring, main stage is set. Now, the moment is upon us. I think I'll take another trip out there 2nite, barring rain, to see if there's any additional activity.
I need to find time to cook as well.
About 24 hrs from now, we'll be loading up for the gig!
See y'all there.
Oh, JB, did I mention this place is empty, oh so empty?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)