ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who At Jones Beach Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th September 2006 10:40 AM
glencar I'm not a big Who fan but I've always liked Who's Next. I went to alst night's show not expecting much & I got some but not as much as breathless Who fans might expect. Roger's voice doesn't have the power any more on the old songs although he sings quite nicely on the new ones(We Need A Hit being an exception. That was just horrid!!!) Pete still plays guitar like he should & Zak Starkey is pretty good on drums. Pino & otehrs were fair to middling.

The opening act was missed because Jones Beach basically has no organized way of getting people in. It took a long fucking time. Anyway, the Who came on with absolutely no fanfare. That was sort of odd. I Can't Explain was the opening number & it was good except for Daltrey's voice. Pete does a lot of talking in between numbers & it almost seems like Storytellers. I didn't mind it(actually, I quite liked it!) but some yobs in the crowd gave him grief for it. He actually answered on asshole late in the show with "Fuck off. Go see KISS!" I believe the setlist was identical to Philly the night before except there was no You Better You Bet & I don't think I heard Unholy Trinity either. It was refreshing to see just 6 guys up there instead of the small village the Stones now use. The light show was nothing but the music is what mattered & Pete is the show.

Pete didn't really like Jones Beach because of the cold & Roger complained about it later on. There were plenty of jokes about getting older. It was such a different vibe from a Stones show. Much more relaxed but not quite as exciting, honestly.

Side notes: Howe come the Stones can't show Brian's picture on their screen but the Who can? The Who tee shirts are uglier than the Stones but cost $40 for the basic ones. Plus they don't have many people selling them. There were some empty seats on the ground level & security was fairly tight. Not Nazi-like but definitely present. The show is available in CD and DVD formats at some website which I'll ahve to google as I definitely would like a copy & the proceeds go to charity & I'm nothing if not a giver as I've shown all these years...
14th September 2006 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not a big Who fan but I've always liked Who's Next. I went to alst night's show not expecting much & I got some but not as much as breathless Who fans might expect. Roger's voice doesn't have the power any more on the old songs although he sings quite nicely on the new ones(We Need A Hit being an exception. That was just horrid!!!) Pete still plays guitar like he should & Zak Starkey is pretty good on drums. Pino & otehrs were fair to middling.

The opening act was missed because Jones Beach basically has no organized way of getting people in. It took a long fucking time. Anyway, the Who came on with absolutely no fanfare. That was sort of odd. I Can't Explain was the opening number & it was good except for Daltrey's voice. Pete does a lot of talking in between numbers & it almost seems like Storytellers. I didn't mind it(actually, I quite liked it!) but some yobs in the crowd gave him grief for it. He actually answered on asshole late in the show with "Fuck off. Go see KISS!" I believe the setlist was identical to Philly the night before except there was no You Better You Bet & I don't think I heard Unholy Trinity either. It was refreshing to see just 6 guys up there instead of the small village the Stones now use. The light show was nothing but the music is what mattered & Pete is the show.

Pete didn't really like Jones Beach because of the cold & Roger complained about it later on. There were plenty of jokes about getting older. It was such a different vibe from a Stones show. Much more relaxed but not quite as exciting, honestly.

Side notes: Howe come the Stones can't show Brian's picture on their screen but the Who can? The Who tee shirts are uglier than the Stones but cost $40 for the basic ones. Plus they don't have many people selling them. There were some empty seats on the ground level & security was fairly tight. Not Nazi-like but definitely present. The show is available in CD and DVD formats at some website which I'll ahve to google as I definitely would like a copy & the proceeds go to charity & I'm nothing if not a giver as I've shown all these years...

This is your REVIEW ?!?!

No .... this board deserves a more thorough and COMPLETE analysis of last evening's memorable occasion .

Please take the rest of the morning off , digest a bit , and then re-submit .

I Thank You in Advance

Kins
14th September 2006 10:51 AM
lotsajizz enquiring minds just gots to know!!

14th September 2006 10:53 AM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
enquiring minds just gots to know!!

Good Morning Jizzy ..........

Can you believe Blue's ' review ' ?!

**** WTF ?! ****

Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?! Why ?! .. WHY ?!

Why ?!

Kins.
14th September 2006 10:54 AM
Maxlugar Is Jones Beach in Omaha?
14th September 2006 10:56 AM
glencar I ain't resubmitting anything, you shitbag!
14th September 2006 10:57 AM
Bitch Glencar, you seem disappointed, and thats surprising. Didnt you love Pinball Wizzard???
14th September 2006 11:05 AM
glencar But here's a song by song review since peanut brains needs it so bad...

I Can't Explain - nice except for the singing part.
The Seeker - crowd loved it; me not so much. boring
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere - ditto!
Baba O'Riley - now we're cooking! This was well-done & it made me tear up, quite frankly.

Behind Blue Eyes - ditto!
Real Good Looking Boy - now this, I expected nothing. Nice pre-song speech by Rodge & did YOU know it was all about Elvis? Didn't think so! I hated this on CD but live, it is so beautiful.

Sound Round - the start of the medley follows a realllllllllllllllllllllly long Pete screed. This one was good. Not great but good.
Pick Up The Peace - less good.
Unholy Trinity - I don't remember, I don't recall. At all!
Endless Wire - cool; just so fucking cool.
We Got A Hit - absolutely dreadful. Rodge, stop! My ears bleed!
Dream Come True - picking up again.
Mirror Door - Nice!
Relay - dull.
You Better You Bet - not done last night. No loss.
Who Are You - Cool graphics behind Pete. Anotehr loss for Rodge's voice though.
Man In A Purple Dress - really nice. Really. where is this song from?
Black Widows Eyes another ballad. Sounds a bit like Behind Blues Eyes.
My Generation - extended a la Satisfaction. Much heavier though. Me likey.
Won't Get Fooled Again - anti-climatic. Like it better on CSI.
Substitute - This is where they showed Brian. Well done sonically too!
Pinball Wizard - I sang along! And my voice didn't crack like Rodge's!
Amazing Journey - Not as amazing as he thinks...
Sparks - a little bit better.
See Me Feel Me - what can I say? Ttal bliss.
Listening To You - Ah! heaven continues...
Tea And Theatre - I walked to my car. Gotta beat teh traffic. This is when I was getting a tee shirt.

tHAt's all!
[Edited by glencar]
14th September 2006 11:06 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Glencar, you seem disappointed, and thats surprising. Didnt you love Pinball Wizzard???

See between us!
14th September 2006 11:07 AM
Nellcote Glencar from 3 point land, he shoots-he scores!
14th September 2006 11:08 AM
glencar Was it the "you shitbag" post???
14th September 2006 11:14 AM
Nellcote Planters brains did it.
I could've used that review for the '04 show I saw.
Enough WHO for me.
14th September 2006 11:15 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Is Jones Beach in Omaha?

14th September 2006 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
But here's a song by song review since peanut brains needs it so bad...

I Can't Explain - nice except for the singing part.
The Seeker - crowd loved it; me not so much. boring
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere - ditto!
Baba O'Riley - now we're cooking! This was well-done & it made me tear up, quite frankly.

Behind Blue Eyes - ditto!
Real Good Looking Boy - now this, I expected nothing. Nice pre-song speech by Rodge & did YOU know it was all about Elvis? Didn't think so! I hated this on CD but live, it is so beautiful.

Sound Round - the start of the medley follows a realllllllllllllllllllllly long Pete screed. This one was good. Not great but good.
Pick Up The Peace - less good.
Unholy Trinity - I don't remember, I don't recall. At all!
Endless Wire - cool; just so fucking cool.
We Got A Hit - absolutely dreadful. Rodge, stop! My ears bleed!
Dream Come True - picking up again.
Mirror Door - Nice!
Relay - dull.
You Better You Bet - not done last night. No loss.
Who Are You - Cool graphics behind Pete. Anotehr loss for Rodge's voice though.
Man In A Purple Dress - really nice. Really. where is this song from?
Black Widows Eyes another ballad. Sounds a bit like Behind Blues Eyes.
My Generation - extended a la Satisfaction. Much heavier though. Me likey.
Won't Get Fooled Again - anti-climatic. Like it better on CSI.
Substitute - This is where they showed Brian. Well done sonically too!
Pinball Wizard - I sang along! And my voice didn't crack like Rodge's!
Amazing Journey - Not as amazing as he thinks...
Sparks - a little bit better.
See Me Feel Me - what can I say? Ttal bliss.
Listening To You - Ah! heaven continues...
Tea And Theatre - I walked to my car. Gotta beat teh traffic. This is when I was getting a tee shirt.

tHAt's all!
[Edited by glencar]

You are much loved by Joey
14th September 2006 11:20 AM
glencar Joey, I have renewed respect for Pete but less for Rodge's voice.
14th September 2006 11:23 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, I have renewed respect for Pete but less for Rodge's voice.

I am really wondering if Roger's voice will make it through the entire tour .

14th September 2006 11:24 AM
glencar By the time they get to Omaha, it'll be shot. They have a hugely ambitious schedule & I don't see every show being played.
14th September 2006 11:26 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
By the time they get to Omaha, it'll be shot. They have a hugely ambitious schedule & I don't see every show being played.

You make Joey shudder ...

14th September 2006 11:28 AM
glencar Pete went hatless last night. Thank God!
14th September 2006 11:30 AM
jb Anybody want to go to the Sunrise show in Nov with me???
glencar Only if it's on a wednesday...
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Anybody want to go to the Sunrise show in Nov with me???

OK !
glencar Or a friday...
14th September 2006 11:31 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
I ain't resubmitting anything, you shitbag!

Word. How much does that sting coming from a guy who hasn't posted an original thought for six years?
14th September 2006 11:32 AM
glencar Has it only been 6? It seems much longer!
14th September 2006 11:48 AM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was refreshing to see just 6 guys up there instead of the small village the Stones now use

it takes a village. funny but so true. why must the stones carry around so much dead weight with them? the b-stage is the best part. they just want to be able to coast along and do whatever. thats what i dug about the who, less showbiz
14th September 2006 11:57 AM
glencar There's more excitement at a Stones show but there's more palying at a Who show. Anything to get that Blondie Chaplin off the stage is a step in the right direction. What a wastoid.
14th September 2006 11:58 AM
glencar And you know, I didn't even miss the back up singers. Pete's harmonies were superb.
14th September 2006 12:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's more excitement at a Stones show but there's more palying at a Who show. Anything to get that Blondie Chaplin off the stage is a step in the right direction. What a wastoid.

true the stones are much more exciting the anticipation of the show the into and blast off!!! there's nothing like it. if it was only mick and keef up there with assorted players it probably wouldnt have the same vibe either. the who without moon and the ox is only a half a who.
14th September 2006 12:18 PM
Joey " Word. How much does that sting coming from a guy who hasn't posted an original thought for six years?"

You just keep reading son ........

...just keep reading .
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)