ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Not so bad: ABB 3-12 in Billboard Return to archive
September 21st, 2005 01:08 PM
Soldatti http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7662984/paulwall?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1127321579230&has-player=true&version=6.0.7.811

"Meanwhile, despite their ongoing mega-tour, the Rolling Stones saw A Bigger Bang, their first studio album in eight years, fall from Number Three to Twelve (63,000) in its second week."

Not so bad after all, there are 7 new entries this week in the Top 10!

ABB has sold 192,000 copies in US to date.
September 21st, 2005 01:27 PM
keith_tif In French charts, ABB doesn't drop so much. Rank 3 (previous week) to rank 4 (this week).

September 21st, 2005 01:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
In French charts, ABB doesn't drop so much. Rank 3 (previous week) to rank 4 (this week).

14,952 last week in France (53,427 total)
September 21st, 2005 01:53 PM
glencar Look for another drop soon!
September 21st, 2005 03:07 PM
Soldatti Billboard 200:

12 3 2 Rolling Stones, Bigger Bang: 62,856 (192,169)

140 115 53 Rolling Stones, Jump Back. Best Of...: 7,144 (561,570)
September 21st, 2005 03:20 PM
jb Please advise of B2B figures at same time period..............
September 21st, 2005 09:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
Please advise of B2B figures at same time period..............

First ten weeks for B2B in US:
Week 01: #3 - 160,000
Week 02: #11 - 84,000
Week 03: #15 - 70,000
Week 04: #16 - 66,000
Week 05: #18 - 59,000
Week 06: #24 - 45,000
Week 07: #31 - 40,000
Week 08: #43 - 31,000
Week 09: #49 - 43,000
Week 10: #49 - 47,000
September 22nd, 2005 08:16 AM
IanBillen Well it certainly isn't a bomb (that would be very hard for The Rolling stones to even create if they put any effort into it, a bomb of a record).

However it is no smash either. It is a pretty decent hit album for a band of half their stature.

By Stones standards it is no smash yet. However, there is the chance it can hang around a good while and accumulate some good numbers. No video yet and the tour is over a month old. Album was released on par with some hot new competition and two full weeks after the tour had already kicked off so I am not really surprised at all at this very point and time.

My guess is Virgin and The Stones are banking on a good second wave of sales from this album. I figure they will put the video out in a couple weeks to get that second wave rollin. Also they will release a more radio friendly tune than Rough Justice with "Rain fall Down" in a few weeks with alot more radio publicity and dance club scheming. I think they figure the fist few weeks they already got in the bank for good sales. They gotta know that since it is a Stones album. I think they are banking on a second wave and then hopefully a long slow burn with this one.
That is my guess because their marketing strategies timing has been considerably off up to this point. I am guessing they are going for a different approach. It would be nice to see this album stick around bouncing in and out of the top 10 to 25 albums for a good while (if it can happen) Who knows it may pay off?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 22nd, 2005 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Well it certainly isn't a bomb (that would be very hard for The Rolling stones to even create if they put any effort into it, a bomb of a record).

However it is no smash either. It is a pretty decent hit album for a band of half their stature.

By Stones standards it is no smash yet. However, there is the chance it can hang around a good while and accumulate some good numbers. No video yet and the tour is over a month old. Album was released on par with some hot new competition and two full weeks after the tour had already kicked off so I am not really surprised at all at this very point and time.

Virgin has destroyed the Stones in terms of album sales.........

My guess is Virgin and The Stones are banking on a good second wave of sales from this album. I figure they will put the video out in a couple weeks to get that second wave rollin. Also they will release a more radio friendly tune than Rough Justice with "Rain fall Down" in a few weeks with alot more radio publicity and dance club scheming. I think they figure the fist few weeks they already got in the bank for good sales. They gotta know that since it is a Stones album. I think they are banking on a second wave and then hopefully a long slow burn with this one.
That is my guess because their marketing strategies timing has been considerably off up to this point. I am guessing they are going for a different approach. It would be nice to see this album stick around bouncing in and out of the top 10 to 25 albums for a good while (if it can happen) Who knows it may pay off?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)