ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beggars Banquet cover Return to archive
September 21st, 2005 07:36 AM
RZ
I have a question about the album cover of this album. I didn't realize there was plain white with typings on it.

I just assumed that the Abkco versions all had original covers, apart from TSMR which was slightly different.

So what I'm wondering is, when did THIS...

http://ws02.hp.infoseek.co.jp/YAPOO/yapoo/60/stones.jpg

... come about? Was it an existing alternate version from the beginning? Or is the white one the original... And if so, when exactly did this other one come out?
September 21st, 2005 07:49 AM
John Wood I love new Stones fans!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 21st, 2005 07:55 AM
Zack Gotta love a new Stones fan with the initials RZ. Welcome!

The story is that the Stones presented the album with the toilet bowl cover, but Decca refused to release the album, saying the cover was offensive. Jagger countered he found the label's art for "Atomic Tom Jones" with a mushroom cloud on the cover as far more offensive.

A stalemate ensued and the album release delayed from I think July to December, with the RSVP cover a compromise that unfortunately closely resembled the recent White Album. I for one like the RSVP cover better.
September 21st, 2005 08:55 AM
RZ
Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

So, if the white one was a compromise that came out in December, what happened to the toilet one?
September 21st, 2005 11:09 AM
Nasty Habits The toilet cover wasn't released as the cover to Beggar's Banquet in the states, anyway, until the original 80s CD/Vinyl remasters on London.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
September 21st, 2005 11:13 AM
exile
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
The toilet cover wasn't released as the cover to Beggar's Banquet in the states, anyway, until the original 80s CD/Vinyl remasters on London.

wow really that Long! the 80's.
Im not sure which version came out in Australia.
I like the toilet bowl version best. its funny and goes better with album title.
September 21st, 2005 11:21 AM
Nasty Habits Toilet cover is without doubt my favorite album cover of all time.
September 21st, 2005 11:32 AM
jb This show is wide open!!!!
September 21st, 2005 01:51 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Toilet cover is without doubt my favorite album cover of all time.

This is also Joey's all time favorite.
September 21st, 2005 03:03 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT i think black and blue, when u open the whole thing is my favorite, BB is top 3 though with Stickey Fingers
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)