ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Still's From Stoned Return to archive
September 20th, 2005 03:06 PM
stewed & Keefed

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
September 20th, 2005 03:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Not bad...for a film.
September 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
Saint Sway I'm psyched to see this

is that Sienna Miller in those pics? shes beautiful. And newly single.

I should call her.
September 20th, 2005 04:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Impressive how the look as the Stones in 1964

To be honest I want to see this one for many reasons, I have doubts about it and that's one of the reasons.
September 20th, 2005 04:58 PM
nankerphelge Red Cons?
September 20th, 2005 05:08 PM
Lazy Bones The film was part of Toronto's International Film Festival last week. The only 2 showings were a Sunday evening and Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately, I couldn't make either.

http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2005/films_description.asp?pageID=sched&id=264

Film Title:
Stoned

Programme: DISCOVERY
Director: Stephen Woolley
Year: 2005
Language: English
Time: 103 minutes
Film Types: Colour/35mm
Rating: 14A

SCREENING TIMES:
Sunday, September 11 8:45 PM PARAMOUNT 1 Buy tickets now
Tuesday, September 13 3:45 PM PARAMOUNT 2 Buy tickets now

Production Company: Number 9 Films/Finola Dwyer Productions
Executive Producer: Paul White, Gary Smith
Producer: Finola Dwyer, Stephen Woolley
Screenplay: Neal Purvis, Robert Wade
Cinematography: John Mathieson
Editor: Sam Sneade
Production Designer: John Beard
Sound: Matt Collinge, Danny Sheehan
Music: David Arnold
Principal Cast: Leo Gregory, Paddy Considine, Tuva Novotny, David Morrissey, Monet Mazur

Of the three iconic figures of The Rolling Stones-Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones - Jones was the enigma, the hardest to define. But to many, he was the musical genius behind the band. Energetic, ambitious and good-looking, Jones was the driving force behind the Stones' early success when they were playing clubs and scrambling to get noticed. He luxuriated in fame during the sixties, but his fall was as rapid as his rise. A mere seven years after emerging from anonymity, he was a drugged-out shadow of his former self: reclusive, listless and self-indulgent. In 1969, he was found face down in his swimming pool - the first of the major rock stars of the sixties to die in the blush of youth. Jimi, Janis and Jim would not be far behind.

Stephen Woolley, Neil Jordan's longtime producer, has obsessed over the Brian Jones story for over a decade. In his directing debut, Woolley magically recreates the London scene of the sixties - a hedonistic hotbed of creativity and rebellion - that was the stage on which the tragedy of Jones's short life played out. Woolley captures the many facets of this tortured young genius (played by Leo Gregory): artist, fashion icon, womanizer. The history of his band serves only as a backdrop, for this is not a traditional biopic. Instead, it spends much of its time considering Jones's personal life, his relationships with women such as Stones acolyte Anita Pallenburg (Monet Mazur) and the dubious figure of Frank Thorogood (Paddy Considine), a man who came to dominate much of the rock star's later years and who was possibly responsible for his death.

Woolley has done meticulous research, interviewing many of the participants before shooting. Above all, this is an honest and uncompromising look at the "upside and downside of hedonism." Music from The White Stripes, Kula Shaker, The Bees and 22-20s figures alongside sixties classics from The Small Faces and Traffic, turning Stoned into a rousing, fascinating film about one of rock's most celebrated victims.

- Piers Handling

Stephen Woolley has been a film producer for over twenty years. He has collaborated closely with the accomplished director Neil Jordan, producing such films as The Company of Wolves (84), The Miracle (91), The Crying Game (92), The End of the Affair (99) and Breakfast on Pluto (05), which is screening at this year's Festival. He also co-produced the acclaimed films Backbeat (94) and Intermission (04). Stoned (05) is his directorial debut.

Associated with European Film Promotion,
an initiative supported by the
European Union’s MEDIA Programme.
September 20th, 2005 06:24 PM
Sleepy London Clown Great, thanks S&K, I'm curious to see this.
September 20th, 2005 11:22 PM
Zack Costumes are all very authentic. Anita's dress from the "tickle" picture, Mick's grey crewneck, Brian's striped shirt with blazer. I remember them all from the old shots. They also made a good effort to get that sleep-deprived look Brian had in the US flag shirt scene. I'm looking forward to it. Thank goodness they changed the title.
September 21st, 2005 04:33 AM
FotiniD He makes kind of a good Brian, doesn't he? I wonder if the movie will make it here, I'd really like to see what it's all about.

The guy who plays Keith looks a bit more like Ronnie, doesn't he? Or is it just my low-brightness screen?

September 21st, 2005 07:54 AM
corgi37 The guy playing Keith looks like Matt Dillons brother.
September 21st, 2005 06:15 PM
Back Street Girl

September 21st, 2005 06:18 PM
The Wick That guy looks more like a cross between Dennis Leary and Andrew Oldham than Brian Jones.
September 21st, 2005 06:46 PM
FPM C10 the guitars aren't QUITE right. That always bugs me more than anything. I kinda liked "Backbeat" but the Rickenbacker "John" played was wrong and that killed it for me.

Geeky, huh?
September 21st, 2005 10:41 PM
GhostofBrianJones The one picture of Leo where he has the beige robe on and sun
glasses REALLY looks like Brian to me at least. Monet Mazur sure
is beautiful. Thanks for the pictures.
September 21st, 2005 11:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
the guitars aren't QUITE right. That always bugs me more than anything. I kinda liked "Backbeat" but the Rickenbacker "John" played was wrong and that killed it for me.

Geeky, huh?

No, that's not geeky at all. So you're a stickler for details. Big deal. I think the director should be too.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)