ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What could have made ABB better? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 20th, 2005 10:08 PM
quackenbush How would I improve ABB?

Fewer ballads would make the album tighter.

Eliminate "Sweet Neocon."

They should have made it the a-side of their first single and made "Streets of Love" the b-side and put neither one of them on ABB. I think they would have sold more singles that way. The lefties would have bought them right up.
September 20th, 2005 10:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

I recall a story recently posted here that someone on this board saw him play at a rib joint. During the show, it was announced you could either get a rack of ribs or his new solo lp, which spawned the now famous post "I took the ribs"

Yeah, that Robinson. Yeah, that's the one I want replacing Keith Richards, good ol rib boy!

Nelle, it was at a rib joint and he had the choice between a new Rich Robinson solo album cd or a side of slaw.....he took the slaw

HaHaha!

took the slaw!
September 20th, 2005 10:35 PM
Soldatti 4 more songs and a double CD, I just wanted more stuff after Infamy!
September 21st, 2005 01:28 AM
Egbert Let's see...maybe if Mick and Keith could somehow be transported back to their late 20s - early 30s and told to put together an album for release in 2005....
September 21st, 2005 01:59 AM
ShaneJazz It is quite possible that Sir Mick stretched his creative powers thin after the solo album and the Alfie soundtrack. Let Ronnie have a song on there too. Not a Jagger/Richards/Wood kind of song, but a Wood composition or even Richards/Wood. The two of them work well together, and a few songs written by them would be a nice counterbalance to the pop leanings of Jagger compositions.
September 21st, 2005 04:10 AM
exile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
2. IF KEITH CANT ROCK ME, SOMEBODY WILL. Bring in Rich Robinson to overdub Keith's lame guitar parts. Don't even tell Keith, just do it. Stones fan will flip over the heavy riffs and vintage 70s Stones sound.

That's going to work. Your intelligence is showing Sway.

quote:
winter wrote:
A very reliable source told me that Rich was in fact asked to record with the Stones on the ABB sessions. But he declined citing a scheduling conflict. Apparently, he was too busy cleaning toilets in hope that he might be able to find his solo career and the last 3 black crowes studio releases.

I heard that Rich was in the toilet "Turdwatching" and had actually spotted the elusive "Brown speckled plonker with carrot plumage".
September 21st, 2005 05:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
TTM.-who is in that pic?STU,CHARLIE..I'M GUESSING ROCKET 88.

It came from this page.
A RARE WATTS APPEARANCE
http://www.thebluesband.com/miscellaneous.htm

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
September 21st, 2005 09:10 AM
Fadeout_Freedom "What could have made ABB better?"

ANY *&*^%$ RADIO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER
September 21st, 2005 09:34 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

It came from this page.
A RARE WATTS APPEARANCE
http://www.thebluesband.com/miscellaneous.htm

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

thanks!!
September 21st, 2005 10:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
Let Ronnie have a song on there too. Not a Jagger/Richards/Wood kind of song, but a Wood composition or even Richards/Wood.

yeah but I assume you're aware that a song thats actually written by "Jagger/Wood" or "Richards/Wood" is still going to be credited as "Jagger/Richards/Wood" as they have been in the past

If Mick OR Keith have any hand in the writing, even if its with someone else, they BOTH get a co-credit. Thats the deal.
September 21st, 2005 09:35 PM
tumbling dice
a hit single and a Keith´s rocker.
September 21st, 2005 09:40 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
4 more songs and a double CD, I just wanted more stuff after Infamy!

Totally agree, a double CD!
September 21st, 2005 11:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi moonisupi

Note: I like Chuck I even has one of his solo albums but...

September 22nd, 2005 02:04 AM
West 8 What could have made ABB better ?
Nothing, nothing at all The Rolling Stones 2005 are a fine wine. Not all can understand. it Let go of your 6 pack of Bud ,Blatz or whatever shit-infused water your drinking & start to learn about the richer things in life. A Bigger Bang is a great album. Why not enjoy it before your dead.
September 22nd, 2005 02:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)