ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: best live Stones moment ever.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 20th, 2005 01:35 PM
star star ???? my guess is probably all down the line from 72 or 73, cant decide......what about you guys ????
September 20th, 2005 01:41 PM
Gimme Shelter Keith whaling the dude with a guitar during the '81 tour.
September 20th, 2005 01:50 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Keith whaling the dude with a guitar during the '81 tour.

yea that should be on LSTNT, buts its just on a video correct?

Keef sitting in stage with the Jack in hand is pretty cool too.
September 20th, 2005 02:22 PM
BILL PERKS DANCIN WITH MR D-1973 BRUSSELS
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER-2003 MSG
September 20th, 2005 02:43 PM
The_Worst "Dead Flowers" from Ladies & Gentleman in 1972. Period. End of Story!!!
September 20th, 2005 04:17 PM
texile ycagwyw from ny 72.......its a moment suspended in time.
after that - the 73 australian tour.
September 20th, 2005 04:30 PM
Saint Sway Keith slugging Ronnie onstage in '82 during Shes So Cold because Ronnie was just sitting there with his eyes closed and not playing.

why he doesnt clock Ronnie every other night is beyond me
September 20th, 2005 05:44 PM
Flairville Keith hitting ronnie on stage during 1982 is a lie that has been printed so often people think it's the truth!
September 20th, 2005 06:01 PM
doo doo doo Dude The cockdance of '75
September 20th, 2005 06:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude ...just kidding
September 20th, 2005 06:19 PM
pdog Every show they continue to play.
September 20th, 2005 06:22 PM
Gazza The Stones opening the new Wembley Stadium in 2006!!!

"Sorry? What was that? Who was that you said was opening it?????"

September 20th, 2005 07:25 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Keith hitting ronnie on stage during 1982 is a lie that has been printed so often people think it's the truth!

That didn't really happen? Dang it, that was the stuff of legend, and I believed it! Is this verifiably untrue?
September 20th, 2005 07:44 PM
Gazza absolutely 100% fiction

Nick Kent wrote it, claiming it happened at Wembley Stadium during Shes So Cold on the 2nd show there that year and scores of sheep-like journalists have rehashed it ever since

The video evidence proves it absolutely did not happen. Nor did Kent's story about Keith playing a "twenty minute guitar solo" in Gothenburg a week earlier
[Edited by Gazza]
September 20th, 2005 07:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:

yea that should be on LSTNT, buts its just on a video correct?

entirely different concert

The 'chop the mother down' assault occurred on the live TV broadcast of the Hampton show on Keith's birthday

LSTNT was filmed in Tempe,Arizona and the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey.
September 20th, 2005 07:47 PM
purrcafe That's How Strong My Love Is performed at Roseland '02.
September 20th, 2005 07:55 PM
Mad Brained Bear Sympathy For The Devil off of Ya-Yas
September 20th, 2005 07:55 PM
Lethargy
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
That's How Strong My Love Is performed at Roseland '02.

YES, YES!!

I concur. That was simply awesome. The Stones transformed into the Greatest Soul Band In The World. Not sure if it's the greatest moment ever, but how 'bout the best of the millenium!
September 20th, 2005 08:44 PM
Steel Wheels Tower Theater - 7th row on Keith's side. Jumpin' Jack Flash never sounded so dangerous, so menacing, so perfect.
September 20th, 2005 08:54 PM
The Wick Not Fade Away in DC to open up Voodoo Lounge- the best tour they have ever done.
September 20th, 2005 09:03 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Keef playing the solo to Jumping Jack Flash twenty feet in front of me in Ottawa....

September 20th, 2005 09:53 PM
StrangeStrayCat For me it was during the Chicago Aragon show during the 40 Licks tour. Near the end of one of the songs near the bottom of the set list, can't remember what song. Mick is sweating profusely by this time. Walks over to Keith, bends over, and starts thrashing his head and hair, whipping his sweat onto Keith's fingers and guitar strings, all in perfect tempo!
September 20th, 2005 11:16 PM
Zack
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
"Dead Flowers" from Ladies & Gentleman in 1972. Period. End of Story!!!

Agree, but the Marquee Club version from 71 just may be better. The camera spent more time on Taylor's fingers.
September 21st, 2005 01:23 AM
ShaneJazz Stray Cat Blues & Love in Vain at Hyde Park, '69.
September 21st, 2005 01:31 AM
Phog One of these:

Jumping Jack Flash-69/70 Tour
Let It Rock-Leeds 71
1973 Austrailian Tour
Under My Thumb-81/82 Tour
Omaha-January 29, 2006
September 21st, 2005 01:42 AM
ShaneJazz Good point, Phog! I forgot how devastating Let it Rock was live (and on record for that matter, too.)
September 21st, 2005 04:52 AM
Poplar
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Keith whaling the dude with a guitar during the '81 tour.

bingo.
September 21st, 2005 11:06 AM
Nasty Habits Bitch. Perth. '73.

"Here we go with the old Bitch! C'mon Bitch!"

September 21st, 2005 04:42 PM
star star i also quite like a live star star. cant tell where its from though, but it sounds like theres only one guitar and the piano is really prominent in the mix. keith is on fire though....anyone hazard a guess?
September 21st, 2005 04:55 PM
Saint Sway The most memorable moment for me was on the Urban Jungle Tour, during Street Fighting Man, when Mick fought the giant inflatable psychedelic dog with a stick. And then the inflatable dog swallowed the stick and Jagger into its mouth.

that was a pretty traumatic experience for me because I thought that Mick had died.

But, luckily, a few moments later he emerged on the top catwalk sporting a sparkly new outfit, with his hair freshly blow dried.

I immediately let out a huge sigh of relief and thanked God - and the Stones enormous team of stylists - that great Mick Jagger was alive and well.

years later Jagger would once again show off his inflatable dog fighting strength by bending steel bars and breaking out of a cage during Out Of Control.

Now thats Rock & Roll.

oops - I mean - VIVA LAS VEGAS, BABY!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)