ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Final figure for ABB 1st week: 608,700 copies ww. Return to archive
September 19th, 2005 09:40 PM
Soldatti According to Hit List, ABB sold 608,700 copies worldwide during the first week on stores. According to this site, the album sold an additional 72,300 copies the previous week of release (Aug. 31 - Sep. 4) from countries as Japan, Holland, New Zealand and Ireland.
http://www.geocities.com/inthitlists/albums.htm

The total so far is 681,000 copies worldwide (72,300 + 608,700)
September 20th, 2005 07:16 AM
egon is this a lot, cos it doesn't feel like it..?
September 20th, 2005 07:26 AM
corgi37 Thats pretty crappy really. Still, i dont care. I got it and i love it.
September 20th, 2005 12:11 PM
mmdog
Wasn't it the biggest selling album in the world that week. I would have to say that's pretty close to being a lot.
September 20th, 2005 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Thats pretty crappy really. Still, i dont care. I got it and i love it.

Dreadful indeed..kayne West sold 1.2 million in the US alone in less than 2 weeks..this is total humiliation,. Plus macca sold over 22k in UK compared to Stones first day,but was third behind 2 wankers...
September 20th, 2005 12:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Wasn't it the biggest selling album in the world that week. I would have to say that's pretty close to being a lot.

I don't think the world sold a lot of albums last week...
September 20th, 2005 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I don't think the world sold a lot of albums last week...

Rogers Stadium is wide open as is Montreal..a big let down for the band given their loyalty to Toronto. This is not a reflection on you, but a sad situation nonetheless.
September 20th, 2005 12:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

Dreadful indeed..kayne West sold 1.2 million in the US alone in less than 2 weeks..this is total humiliation,. Plus macca sold over 22k in UK compared to Stones first day,but was third behind 2 wankers...

Macca sold 22k the whole week in UK, ABB sold more than the double in the first week (43k)
September 20th, 2005 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Macca sold 22k the whole week in UK, ABB sold more than the double in the first week (43k)

Soldatti, please tell me whether BB shall sell 1.2 million in the US?
September 20th, 2005 10:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

Soldatti, please tell me whether BB shall sell 1.2 million in the US?

Do you have a comfortable chair?
Down from 3 to 14 this week in US...

[Edited by Soldatti]
September 20th, 2005 10:27 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:

Rogers Stadium is wide open as is Montreal..a big let down for the band given their loyalty to Toronto. This is not a reflection on you, but a sad situation nonetheless.

LOL..I'm startin to like you, Josh!

Here's a question for ya...what's #1 in Canada and #3 in the US?

Hint...?
September 21st, 2005 09:55 AM
jb Yes, at least demographic wise Canada likes the Stones better....and I will admit Rogers is doing slightly better than Pitt(a disaster) and SBC2(a worse disaster)....Remeber, the Stones money is guranteed ...it is the venues thaat are taking a bath....Detroit, for example, had 38k, but over 1/2 were corp, buy-outs comped out or sold way below face.
September 21st, 2005 10:41 AM
glencar #14 this week? I think if anyone cares enough (I surely don't) you'll see I posted somewhere that they would open ABB at #3-5 & only spend one week in the Top Ten. I love this album & the record Co. did pretty good publicity this time. If this had been released in 1982 it would have gone straight to #1.
September 21st, 2005 10:44 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes, at least demographic wise Canada likes the Stones better....and I will admit Rogers is doing slightly better than Pitt(a disaster) and SBC2(a worse disaster)....Remeber, the Stones money is guranteed ...it is the venues thaat are taking a bath....Detroit, for example, had 38k, but over 1/2 were corp, buy-outs comped out or sold way below face.

Detroit was a Bust ( see : Denver -- WIDE OPEN )
September 21st, 2005 10:46 AM
blackandblue Are there still tickets available for the Omaha preparty?
September 21st, 2005 10:47 AM
glencar Only if you go in drag...
September 21st, 2005 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only if you go in drag...

Funny !
September 21st, 2005 10:54 AM
glencar But true!
September 21st, 2005 10:55 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
#14 this week? I think if anyone cares enough (I surely don't) you'll see I posted somewhere that they would open ABB at #3-5 & only spend one week in the Top Ten. I love this album & the record Co. did pretty good publicity this time. If this had been released in 1982 it would have gone straight to #1.

You, like me, were correct. Some were predicting sales upward of 250k the first week....I am sure in a few years it will reach the 800-1MIl mark in the US, but w/out airplay, it stood no chance. Plus. I hate to say it, while some songs are good, there is still no hit single..that's what the Stones always has up and through 81..........
September 21st, 2005 10:57 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes, at least demographic wise Canada likes the Stones better....and I will admit Rogers is doing slightly better than Pitt(a disaster) and SBC2(a worse disaster)....Remeber, the Stones money is guranteed ...it is the venues thaat are taking a bath....Detroit, for example, had 38k, but over 1/2 were corp, buy-outs comped out or sold way below face.

A stadium that sells better than a 22,000-seat arena is more than "slightly" better, Josh. Rogers (SkyDome) holds 60,000+. The seats that are still available are either $450 or 15 rows from the roof. Ticket sales for the RC show has nothing to do with how many people like the Stones or how much Toronto is or isn't a "Stones town". I call it smart people that can't afford $450 seats or know that a $60 seat in the roof receives shitty sound and are 200 yards from the stage.

If these were my only 2 options, I wouldn't be going either.

Are ya coming?
September 21st, 2005 11:00 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You, like me, were correct. Some were predicting sales upward of 250k the first week....I am sure in a few years it will reach the 800-1MIl mark in the US, but w/out airplay, it stood no chance. Plus. I hate to say it, while some songs are good, there is still no hit single..that's what the Stones always has up and through 81..........

Yes, we are smart. Or we read a lot...
September 21st, 2005 11:00 AM
Joey " Are there still tickets available for the Omaha preparty?"

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/dining.jhtml?ctyhocn=OMACVHH

September 21st, 2005 11:01 AM
glencar Wow, that place actually looks nice. That's in OMAHA?
September 21st, 2005 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

A stadium that sells better than a 22,000-seat arena is more than "slightly" better, Josh. Rogers (SkyDome) holds 60,000+. The seats that are still available are either $450 or 15 rows from the roof. Ticket sales for the RC show has nothing to do with how many people like the Stones or how much Toronto is or isn't a "Stones town". I call it smart people that can't afford $450 seats or know that a $60 seat in the roof receives shitty sound and are 200 yards from the stage.

If these were my only 2 options, I wouldn't be going either.

Are ya coming?

I don't think my passport is current...do I need one to fly into Canada?
September 21st, 2005 11:11 AM
glencar Soon you will.
September 21st, 2005 11:12 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Soon you will.

So for now, just picture ID and Birth certificate?
September 21st, 2005 11:15 AM
glencar Yes. It'll change early next year though.
September 21st, 2005 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes. It'll change early next year though.

We are smarter than most..but I beleieve nanker is smarter than all of us!!!!
September 21st, 2005 11:36 AM
Lazy Bones "Entering Canada from the United States, U.S. citizens must show either a U.S. passport or other proof of U.S. citizenship - such as an original or certified birth certificate together with photo identification. U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. A visa is not required for U.S. citizens for a stay up to 180 days."

http://www.amcits.com/entry_ca.asp

Perhaps more importantly, you'll require one to re-enter the US in the near future...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
September 21st, 2005 11:44 AM
jb Interesting.......................I have a birth certificate somewhere.....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)