ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Best Stones Song Ever Is... Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 19th, 2005 10:13 PM
stonedinaustralia i'd rate let it loose above loving cup
September 19th, 2005 10:51 PM
Lethargy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i'd rate let it loose above loving cup

Let It Loose has never quite moved me the way it moves so many other folks. I like it of course, as I do all of Exile. Something about it - not sure what - makes me hold back from totally digging it though. Maybe b/c the lyrics are a little confusing, but by all accounts I SHOULD probably love this as much as I love LOVING CUP. It's got the same combination of ballad, rock and roll, and SOUL that I like in Loving Cup so much.

You've inspired me, stonedinaustralia, to listen to Let It Loose a few times right now and just behold it.
September 19th, 2005 10:53 PM
Bitch Bitch is my favorite and my theme song

September 19th, 2005 11:11 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

It's got the same combination of ballad, rock and roll, and SOUL that I like in Loving Cup so much.

yes but i'd say LIL is a little more soul than LC and LC is a little more ballad than LIL - again, like TD, those glorious backing vocals in LIL just move me like nothing else

so that's why i put LIL ahead that little bit

also lyrically i like the 4.00 a.m. feel of LIL - while LC has a more wholesome almost pastorale vibe to it and again the former appeals to me more than the latter

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
September 20th, 2005 03:31 AM
Surround Sister Cant choose between GS and Shine A Light.
Loving Cup is for me a good and obvious three.
September 20th, 2005 07:11 AM
egon Always:

1) JJF
2) shelter

And this week;

3) anything from bang except BM
September 20th, 2005 07:32 AM
Jumacfly Faraway eyes!!
September 20th, 2005 07:33 AM
egon jummy, what's up with all that rain & no sun shit?
September 20th, 2005 10:16 AM
Chuck It's a no-brainer for me---Satisfaction.
September 20th, 2005 10:34 AM
BILL PERKS JJF IS THE ONLY SONG I CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF..THE BEST ROCK SONG EVER..
September 20th, 2005 10:51 AM
Gazza 1) Gimme Shelter (studio)
2) Midnight rambler (Ya Yas)
3) Jumpin jack Flash (studio)
September 20th, 2005 11:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
jummy, what's up with all that rain & no sun shit?

Hi bro!
don t complain too much, I ve spent my week end at Nevers magny cours for the Bol D'or and it was so cold and shitty rain that I ve missed the tribute band called Satisfaction..
September 20th, 2005 12:03 PM
Scratched Back imo: stray cat blues

if it comes to "best ever" in terms of defining stones songs that have the broadest appeal / have been most influential, id say:
satisfaction, jjf, sftd and angie.

btw my favorite exile song is soul survivor, dice is probably around my tenth favorite exile track or so.
September 20th, 2005 12:10 PM
texile stoned aussie - exactly......
let it loose is sublime, with that chorral, gospel, almost religious performance....and the lyrics are not confusing to me;
haven't you ever fallen helplessly in love? this song is about losing yourself to somebody else and surrendering to it - but being terrified of it at the same time....
'hide the switch and shut the light...'

the best love song jagger's ever written.
September 20th, 2005 12:26 PM
Egbert Gimme Shelter
September 20th, 2005 01:04 PM
stewed & Keefed Stray Cat Blues
September 20th, 2005 01:27 PM
Gimme Shelter Gimme Shelter
September 20th, 2005 01:33 PM
star star Has to be the Brussels Affair version of Brown Sugar for me, that slide kicks ass. Failing that i fancy LIL as second. Listen to the backing singers hold those notes at the end of the song....sends shivers down my spine every time. Gimme Shelter studio or live with Taylor next
September 20th, 2005 03:37 PM
icydanger gimme shelter/midnight rambler.
September 20th, 2005 03:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels HTW
September 20th, 2005 04:14 PM
texile
yes star - that last chord progression - where the tremelo builds, and then falls on that last, mournful minor chord.....one of the most beautiful thing keith's ever done;
and of course - those beautiful female voices hanging at the end........this song is amazing - they've done nothing like it before or since - its truly a singular experience in the stones catalogue.
September 21st, 2005 02:05 AM
ShaneJazz 3- Mother's Little Helper
2- I Got the Blues
1- (my favorite ever) Bitch
Now, those are simply my favorites. In terms of what I think is the greatest Stones song: Jumpin' Jack Flash.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)