ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MACCA Rocks Miami ..... ( NSC ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 19th, 2005 01:50 PM
gimmekeef If this Macca prick set up to play in my backyard....I'd pull the plug and close the curtains....
September 19th, 2005 02:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Miami is a McCartney kinda town. He, along with Gloria Estefan, have that city by the balls.

One Two Three Four...Come on baby say you love me..Five Six Seven times

Funny Posting ...... please feel free to take the rest of the day off !
September 19th, 2005 02:12 PM
StonesChick
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes Navin, Mick and Keith have alwasy despised him no matter you hear about the Beatles writing the Stones first hit..that was 40 plus years ago..they realized what a complete wimp, phony, and cheap ass this guy is....no real Stones fan will support Macca and attend his tour.

A friend called the other night for me to go, but I had no interest. She couldn't give the tickets away! lol
September 19th, 2005 02:16 PM
Thing One
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

A friend called the other night for me to go, but I had no interest. She couldn't give the tickets away! lol

Did she try to find any takers on the mean streets of Boca Raton?
September 19th, 2005 02:16 PM
Joey

This is all so disconcerting and a tad disheartening .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!
September 19th, 2005 03:03 PM
StonesChick
quote:
Thing One wrote:

Did she try to find any takers on the mean streets of Boca Raton?

She made phone calls and couldn't find anyone, then brought them to the concert but never ended up getting rid of them.
September 19th, 2005 03:13 PM
jb
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

She made phone calls and couldn't find anyone, then brought them to the concert but never ended up getting rid of them.

Great story...Macca only played to 16k at his opening even though it was a "sell -out". He is a boring , old , fart. My friend randy went and loved it..I am no longer his friend...Anyone who likes Macca(except Joey) is no friend of mr. lawyers.
September 19th, 2005 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

.Anyone who likes Macca(except Joey) is no friend of mr. lawyers.

Where's that sharp knife I had lying around here ?!?!
September 19th, 2005 03:35 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Where's that sharp knife I had lying around here ?!?!

Did you see Pugs picture on Shidoobee in his Jagger 81 cape...he had the audience in the palm of his hand !!!
September 19th, 2005 03:37 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you see Pugs picture on Shidoobee in his Jagger 81 cape...he had the audience in the palm of his hand !!!

Where is this Shidoobee you speak of ?!?!

September 19th, 2005 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Where is this Shidoobee you speak of ?!?!

Pug will PM them to you per my request....he feel they will intimidate those less powerful than the 3 J's- Josh, Joey, and John)....................................
September 19th, 2005 04:08 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Pug will PM them to you per my request....he feel they will intimidate those less powerful than the 3 J's- Josh, Joey, and John)....................................

Bless You !

By the way , whatever happened to our good friend Baby Steel Magnolia ?!?!

September 20th, 2005 06:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Paul McCartney falls onstage in America

Beatles legend falls down a hole in the stage

Paul McCartney has fallen down a trapdoor while performing in the US.

The former Beatles star was performing at the Tampa St Pete Times Forum as part of his current world tour in support of new solo album 'Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard'.

Witnesses say that McCartney was walking across the stage to where a piano was supposed to appear from a hole, when the accident happened. He fell, slightly hurting his arm and back, before being assisted by stage crew.

[b}McCartney[/b] said: "There's a big hole in the stage and I just fell into it. A word to the stage crew, I want a big fence around here tomorrow. Think we ought to put a picket fence around it? A little picket fence! It will look nice."

McCartney's North American dates run until the end of November.

NME
September 20th, 2005 08:43 AM
StonesChick
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Paul McCartney falls onstage in America

Beatles legend falls down a hole in the stage

Paul McCartney has fallen down a trapdoor while performing in the US.

The former Beatles star was performing at the Tampa St Pete Times Forum as part of his current world tour in support of new solo album 'Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard'.

Witnesses say that McCartney was walking across the stage to where a piano was supposed to appear from a hole, when the accident happened. He fell, slightly hurting his arm and back, before being assisted by stage crew.

[b}McCartney[/b] said: "There's a big hole in the stage and I just fell into it. A word to the stage crew, I want a big fence around here tomorrow. Think we ought to put a picket fence around it? A little picket fence! It will look nice."

McCartney's North American dates run until the end of November.

NME

Shoot! That's the show I could've went to, maybe I should have gone. That was probably the most amusing part of the show! lol
September 20th, 2005 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
StonesChick wrote:

Shoot! That's the show I could've went to, maybe I should have gone. That was probably the most amusing part of the show! lol

StonesChick ................................

At 5:00 PM CDT on January 29th at " Mr. Toads " in the Old Market right before the Rolling Stones' Concert at the now Legendary , Eighth Wonder - of - the - World , QWEST CENTER ARENA .................................there shall be a greeting .................................................................................................................................

.............You shall NOT be greeted !

Word !

Flacky !
September 20th, 2005 11:05 AM
The_Worst I have a serious question. I am not a Beatles fan at all & actually hate them with every fiber of my being so can someone tell me where Paul McCartney got the nickname "MACCA" from?
September 20th, 2005 11:45 AM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I have a serious question. I am not a Beatles fan at all & actually hate them with every fiber of my being so can someone tell me where Paul McCartney got the nickname "MACCA" from?

His good friend Peter Denis Blandford Townshend use to call him that and the nickname STUCK !!!!! Word .
September 20th, 2005 12:55 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Joey wrote:

His good friend Peter Denis Blandford Townshend use to call him that and the nickname STUCK !!!!! Word .

Is that really true? If so then the nickname is OK then!!!
September 20th, 2005 01:00 PM
jb LOL...........Pete. like Mick and Keith, despise Macca. it is just short for McCartney..it actually started out when we noticed he had little Macca tits.
September 20th, 2005 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Is that really true? If so then the nickname is OK then!!!

It's True !!!!!
September 21st, 2005 08:49 AM
Jumping Jack 2.5 hour show in Atlanta last night. Very good show with the floor standing the entire show. What a catalog of excellent songs. Lights and effects were great. The acoustic parts with Paul solo were probably the best. I like my music loud, but the electric parts were pushed a little to the point of becoming a bit muddled. Sound was not quite as clean as I had hoped. The songs were exactly as on the CDs, short, sweet, on to the next one which is why he can fit so many in. Almost like listening to the radio.

I like the music, they played well enough, but the show simply lacked the spark of a true rock show. The guitarists are good, but not great, and every movement seemed quite scripted and controlled. Just lacking in energy and charisma I guess. It just didn't rock. I enjoyed it, but it may have been the least inspiring of all my shows this summer including Santana, Doobies, Toby Keith and even Alice Cooper who was way better than expected. It will make me appreciate the Stones even more in a few weeks.

Glad I saw him once.
September 21st, 2005 09:41 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
2.5 hour show in Atlanta last night. Very good show with the floor standing the entire show. What a catalog of excellent songs. Lights and effects were great. The acoustic parts with Paul solo were probably the best. I like my music loud, but the electric parts were pushed a little to the point of becoming a bit muddled. Sound was not quite as clean as I had hoped. The songs were exactly as on the CDs, short, sweet, on to the next one which is why he can fit so many in. Almost like listening to the radio.

I like the music, they played well enough, but the show simply lacked the spark of a true rock show. The guitarists are good, but not great, and every movement seemed quite scripted and controlled. Just lacking in energy and charisma I guess. It just didn't rock. I enjoyed it, but it may have been the least inspiring of all my shows this summer including Santana, Doobies, Toby Keith and even Alice Cooper who was way better than expected. It will make me appreciate the Stones even more in a few weeks.

Glad I saw him once.

Loser
September 21st, 2005 09:56 AM
Nellcote The only thing about Macca these days that I like is his drummer.
Big, beefy Samoan dude.
He could be one of the folks on the new Biggest Loser.
He can assault that drum kit.
I'm attempting to find a way to block out the rest of the band noise.
Sorry to offend those who like him, however, Macca does not offer anything for me.
I'm waiting for the ppv of the
Mrs. Macca AKA Stumpy vs. J~LO (baby got back) dustup..

JB, come north for New Years Day @ Gillette, Pats-Phins where you can see real football in a real setting...
I can book the copter pad after The Krafts arrive for you..
September 21st, 2005 09:58 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The only thing about Macca these days that I like is his drummer.
Big, beefy Samoan dude.
He could be one of the folks on the new Biggest Loser.
He can assault that drum kit.
I'm attempting to find a way to block out the rest of the band noise.
Sorry to offend those who like him, however, Macca does not offer anything for me.
I'm waiting for the ppv of the
Mrs. Macca AKA Stumpy vs. J~LO (baby got back) dustup..

JB, come north for New Years Day @ Gillette, Pats-Phins where you can see real football in a real setting...
I can book the copter pad after The Krafts arrive for you..

Hopefullyu, they will play as well as this past Sunday. Nellie, any info on MCI..can you find me a Sec 1 or 2 seat?????
September 21st, 2005 10:03 AM
Nellcote Funny you should ask.
I read your post, and have left a message for a friend DC.
As I know, I'll ping you...
September 21st, 2005 10:05 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Funny you should ask.
I read your post, and have left a message for a friend DC.
As I know, I'll ping you...

Thanks..Tom Brady looks very "gay" on this months GQ
September 21st, 2005 10:06 AM
Nellcote What, you don't like the lamb shot?
He'd better pick it up a notch vs. The Steel Curtain.
Somehow, I do not think this has been a pretty practice week for the Pats, as "In Bill We Trust" has had a Keith week, probably little sleep, and when it happens, in his office. He's a work junkie..
September 21st, 2005 10:08 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
What, you don't like the lamb shot?
He'd better pick it up a notch vs. The Steel Curtain.
Somehow, I do not think this has been a pretty practice week for the Pats, as "In Bill We Trust" has had a Keith week, probably little sleep, and when it happens, in his office. He's a work junkie..

We(Dolphins) are much improved and should have beat the Jets. Once Ricky is back in 3 weeks, I predict great things..I may have to fly to New England to witness your humiliatiuon..Will you be wearing shorts?
September 21st, 2005 10:11 AM
Nellcote Ricky was great on 60 Minutes on Sunday.
I've taken a new outlook on life.
Shorts are in.
I wear them to work, to Rotary, to kids events
wherever I can get away with it.
My family travels separately from me for unknown reasons..
You could be a Cowboy fan, what a choke Monday night..
September 21st, 2005 10:27 AM
Joey " I like the music, they played well enough, but the show simply lacked the spark of a true rock show. The guitarists are good, but not great, and every movement seemed quite scripted and controlled. Just lacking in energy and charisma I guess. It just didn't rock. "

You make Joey very sad .
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)