ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks for the livfce debut of Sway please play it live again
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MACCA Rocks Miami ..... ( NSC ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 17th, 2005 01:03 PM
Joey " Pre-show (Freelance Hellraiser)
Film of Paul's entire life, childhood right thru the latest Super Bowl performance, about 15 minutes long.

Magical Mystery Tour
Flaming Pie
Jet
I'll Get You
Drive My Car
Let Me Roll It
Got to Get You In My Life
Fine Line
Maybe I'm Amazed
Long and Winding Road

Acoustic:
In Spite of All The Danger
I Will
Jenny Wren

Piano:
For No One
Fixing A Hole
English Tea (band comes back)
Yellow Submarine (short version)
I'll Follow The Sun (with reprise)
Follow Me
Classical tune he and George used to do together
Blackbird
Eleanor Rigby

Too Many People
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Good Day Sunshine
Band on the Run
Penny Lane
I've Got A Feeling
Back in the USSR
Hey Jude
Live and Let Die

Encore 1
Yesterday
Get Back
Helter Skelter

Encore 2
Please Please Me
Let it Be
Sgt. Pepper

" The stage is not as obtrusive as the ones in the past and the obstructed view seats in the lower 2 levels are pretty good after all. You're watching Paul's back but he did turn and acknowledge them from time to time. The higher sections have a large truss on both sides probably leaving you nothing but to watch the screen. The stage curtain is a red half circle cloth stage that when the show starts retracts past the obstructed view seats. Lighting was a little simpler with ust one large screen in front and of course the very back of the stage.
When you arrive inside the arena,they had some background music and the large front screen was showing pictures of Paul's artwork. Then around 8:12, DJ Freelance Hellraiser comes out to his DJ equipment that is surrounded by white picket fence on the stage. He plays selections from the Twin Freaks album while the big screen shows the album cover and then some graphic designs. He finishes around 8:30 to the sound of air raid sirens and then a short film starts on the screens of German bombers bombing England during WW II. The name James Paul McCartney and his date of birth flash on the screen to a picture of his birth certificate. It then starts a bunch of blackand white photos of young Paul and works it's way all the way up to Live 8 showing tons of footage while macca music plays in the background. At the end of the film you hear a man's voice count down 3,2,1.......and the curtain opens up.

Paul is wearing a black jacket with a light blue long sleeved shirt underneathe. His hair is longer again and down to the back of his neck. Also has back pants and black trainers on.

The answer to the question of why Paul doesn't playthe obscurer songs for the real fans was easy to see when he played Too Many People......not a whole lot of the people around me knew the words and looked perplexed! Can't wait til the next one. "

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.cfm?ID=1846

Lovely !!!!! .... Can't Wait

BEST STONES YET !!!!!

BEST MACCA YET !!!!!

................................................................................................

[Edited by Joey]
September 17th, 2005 01:05 PM
telecaster THanks joey

No I can go on with my day after reading that report

Carry on

TELE!
September 17th, 2005 01:06 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
THanks joey

No I can go on with my day after reading that report

Carry on

TELE!

Bless You Tele ....................................

GO HUSKERS !!!!
September 17th, 2005 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels MACCA!!!!

BOO! BOO! HISS! HISS!
September 17th, 2005 02:50 PM
Bruno Stone I`ve watched few days ago Paul and his band in a Knebworth festival, 1990 the songs were Coming Up, Birthday, Can`t Buy Me Love and Hey Jude. I think it is terrible, and I like Paul. But that band.... they don`t know what rock and roll is, especially the drummer, a talentless poor little boy...

Have your ever watched this? There`s Eric Clapton and Pink Floyd, the 2 acts that really matter in the whole show.

And there`s Phill Collins performing Everybody Needs Somebody To Love!!!
September 17th, 2005 02:55 PM
pdog Goodbye, see you Monday. That was all a lie! Now this?
September 17th, 2005 03:29 PM
gimmekeef No Uncle Albert?...this setlists a bust!
September 17th, 2005 04:19 PM
the good A film of Paul's entire life? What an egomaniac.
September 17th, 2005 05:14 PM
sammy davis jr. I don't know about Knebworth 1990, but his band now kicks ass. I wish Keith or Ronnie could play on the level of Paul's guitarist- the guy's very good. Macca himself? I can take him or leave him.
September 17th, 2005 06:05 PM
Jumping Jack Joey, 3 days until Macca, I am so excited I'm typing this with my ....
September 17th, 2005 08:28 PM
winter The words "Macca" and "Rocks" should not be on the same page, let alone the same sentence!

I wise man old man once made clear to me the following truism:

He said, "Many believe that it is religon, heritage, race, color or sex that separate us, but this is not our reality." "Ultimately", he continued, "there are two kinds of people in this world - people who like Lennon, and people who like McCartney."

These are the words of my zen master,

wintah

September 17th, 2005 08:58 PM
gotdablouse Nice setlist, certainly more exciting than the current one of the Stones. Must have been a pretty long show too ?

That comment about "Too Many People" cracked me up, too many idiots going to shows these days !
September 17th, 2005 08:59 PM
LadyJane " Pre-show (Freelance Hellraiser)
Film of Paul's entire life, childhood right thru the latest Super Bowl performance, about 15 minutes long.

And with that..I'd have to leave...hurling I might add.

LJ.
September 17th, 2005 09:03 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
That comment about "Too Many People" cracked me up, too many idiots going to shows these days !

Don't let them tell you what you have to hear...
September 17th, 2005 09:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
the good wrote:
A film of Paul's entire life? What an egomaniac.

Who would/could play Macca????
Tom Sellick?
That guy who played in Top Gun,? the Scientology guy...damn his name escapes me.
September 17th, 2005 09:50 PM
Nellcote Macca can be summed up from these events...
Let the Beatles catalog slip thru his hands to the gloved one.....
Changed the songwriting credits on some Beatles songs to McCarntey-Lennon after John died....
Did not even have the balls to have Ringo come out in a Sgt. Peppers uni at the beginging of Live 8, instead had Bono..
Macca is a lout, always has been....
Sorry Joey, I think I'd rather see a copper penny turn green before I'd ever pay to see Macca..
September 18th, 2005 01:00 AM
Bloozehound whoopdy fuckin dooo

I'm so excited I'm typing this with a fat turd sticking half way out my ass

eew messy stuff this typs;sslippperryshhuit tooo,Sfs ...............
September 18th, 2005 01:12 AM
time is on my side [quote]gotdablouse wrote:
Nice setlist, certainly more exciting than the current one of the Stones. Must have been a pretty long show too ?

{/quote]

The current setlist by the STONES contains ALL STONES songs except for one cover. How is MACCA's setlist certainly more exciting??? As far as I know, he is not playing any STONES songs. He is, however, playing some Beatles songs and songs from a new album which doesn't rock. Are you saying BEATLES songs are more exciting than STONES songs???
September 18th, 2005 01:43 AM
time is on my side THIS IS A MACCA SETLIST from 2002:

1. Hello Goodbye
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Getting Better
5. Coming Up
6. Let Me Roll It
7. Lonely Road
8. Driving Rain
9. Your Loving Flame
10. Blackbird
11. Every Night
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Mother Nature's Son
14. Vanilla Sky
15. You Never Give Me Your Money/Carry That Weight
16. Fool On The Hill
17. Here Today
18. Something
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Here, There And Everywhere
21. Band On The Run
22. Back In The USSR
23. Maybe I'm Amazed
24. C Moon
25. My Love
26. Can't Buy Me Love
27. Freedom
28. Live And Let Die
29. Let It Be
30. Hey Jude

----encore---

31. The Long And Winding Road
32. Lady Madonna
33. I Saw Her Standing There

----encore 2---

34. Yesterday
35. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band (reprise)
36. The End

AND the MACCA setlist from 2005:

1. Flaming Pie
2. Jet
3. I'll Get You
4. Drive My Car
5. Let Me Roll It
6. Got to Get You In My Life
7. Fine Line
8. Maybe I'm Amazed
9. Long and Winding Road

Acoustic:
11. In Spite of All The Danger
12. I Will
13. Jenny Wren

Piano:
14. For No One
15. Fixing A Hole
16. English Tea (band comes back)
17. Yellow Submarine (short version)
18. I'll Follow The Sun (with reprise)
19. Follow Me
Classical tune he and George used to do together
20. Blackbird
21. Eleanor Rigby

22. Too Many People
23. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
24. Good Day Sunshine
25. Band on the Run
26. Penny Lane
27. I've Got A Feeling
28. Back in the USSR
29. Hey Jude
30. Live and Let Die

Encore 1
31. Yesterday
32. Get Back
33. Helter Skelter

Encore 2
34. Please Please Me
35. Let it Be
36. Sgt. Pepper

STONES RULE!!!!
September 18th, 2005 01:49 AM
jb Thank god I was flying out of New York while this prick was playing my hometown...........
September 19th, 2005 09:18 AM
Joey

That's it --- I'm leaving the board

Flacky !
September 19th, 2005 09:40 AM
Joey

OK , I'm back ! :

" September 18, 2005 -- Macca Report Exclusive

Macca takes a fall

At the Tampa show Paul accidently misstepped when the trap door on the stage floor opened to raise his grand piano before "Fine Line."

In a scary moment, Macca fell 5 feet through the floor landing on the top of the piano. Paul banged his elbow and back as he fell. He managed to crawl out of the hole a minute later with help from a roadie and joked about it though he seemed a bit rattled as was the crowd.

"There's a big hole in the stage and I just fell into it!" said Paul.

"Well, we were expecting this to happen and it happened! I don't care.

"A word to the stage crew, I want a big fence around here tomorrow. (pointing to the now raised piano) A little picket fence! It will look nice...

"Tampa, nobody else will see me fall into the hole. That's the extra added production value. Maybe we'll keep it in the show. You never know..."

Paul carried on with the rest of the show, but there were times when he grimmaced in pain. His energy level dropped from the night before (Miami), but he put on a great show in spite of his injuries which luckily appeared to be minor. "

http://www.maccareport.com/

September 19th, 2005 11:15 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank god I was flying out of New York while this prick was playing my hometown...........

Bless you jb!

TELE!

September 19th, 2005 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Bless you jb!

TELE!

Yes....I hate Macca with every fiber of my soul.....this prick fell off the stage in Tampa and sadly didn't break his leg....he could have joind Peggy on the "Limp Tour".
P.S.-I despise this new poster 'Thing One".
September 19th, 2005 11:50 AM
Navin I hate all the Beatles equally, but its kind of nice to see "little Paul" sticking around...we all need something to laugh at now and then!!

Nobody's perfect but he's a perfect Wimp..Never mind the audience, he's clearly enjoying himself...Doobie doobie doobie!!

"Well, fuck Paul McCartney. He's nothing but a fucking asshole!" - Mick Jagger
September 19th, 2005 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
Navin wrote:
I hate all the Beatles equally, but its kind of nice to see "little Paul" sticking around...we all need something to laugh at now and then!!

Nobody's perfect but he's a perfect Wimp..Never mind the audience, he's clearly enjoying himself...Doobie doobie doobie!!

"Well, fuck Paul McCartney. He's nothing but a fucking asshole!" - Mick Jagger

Yes Navin, Mick and Keith have alwasy despised him no matter you hear about the Beatles writing the Stones first hit..that was 40 plus years ago..they realized what a complete wimp, phony, and cheap ass this guy is....no real Stones fan will support Macca and attend his tour.
September 19th, 2005 11:58 AM
Thing One Miami is a McCartney kinda town. He, along with Gloria Estefan, have that city by the balls.

One Two Three Four...Come on baby say you love me..Five Six Seven times
September 19th, 2005 12:07 PM
jb
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Miami is a McCartney kinda town. He, along with Gloria Estefan, have that city by the balls.

One Two Three Four...Come on baby say you love me..Five Six Seven times

While I hate your guts(really), you are correct on that.
September 19th, 2005 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes Navin, Mick and Keith have alwasy despised him no matter you hear about the Beatles writing the Stones first hit..that was 40 plus years ago..they realized what a complete wimp, phony, and cheap ass this guy is....no real Stones fan will support Macca and attend his tour.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169724,00.html
September 19th, 2005 12:50 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169724,00.html

Little known fact jb..........

Mick does the Stairclimber every morning for 30 munutes

Even the morning after a show

I report

You decide

TELE!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)