ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Detectives finger Spector nsc Return to archive
09-19-03 01:53 PM
Mother baby Detectives Submit Findings on Spector

LOS ANGELES - Sheriff's detectives say they have concluded that legendary record producer Phil Spector was responsible for the shooting death of an actress and have submitted their findings to prosecutors.

"It's not an accident. It's not a suicide," Capt. Frank Merriman told the Los Angeles Times in a story for Friday editions. "Phil Spector shot her."

No immediate decision was expected on whether criminal charges would be filed, said Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.

Spector, whose "wall of sound" recording technique transformed 1960s pop music, was arrested Feb. 3 for investigation of murder after the body of 40-year-old Lana Clarkson (news) was found in the foyer of his hilltop Alhambra mansion. He was released after posting $1 million bail.

Spector, 62, suggested in an Esquire magazine interview in July that Clarkson, an actress and hostess at the House of Blues, may have shot herself, but sheriff's investigators said in March that they discounted suicide.

A member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Spector has worked with such artists as the Beatles, Ramones, Shirelles and Ronettes, and has produced such pop music classics as "Da Doo Ron Ron," "Then He Kissed Me," and "To Know Him is to Love Him."

09-19-03 01:54 PM
glencar Better call Cockring!
09-19-03 02:09 PM
jb I think Spector is a yid!!!
09-19-03 03:06 PM
catwoman I think Spector is a yid!!!

-----------------------------
Why? because he's a fucked up neurotic nutcase? He gives us a bad name. He was talented in the early 60's with the Ronettes, etc. but crapped up on Let It Be,which would have been a half-decent album had they not given it to him to ruin. He belongs in jail.
09-19-03 03:09 PM
jb You said it better than I ever could!!!
David berkowitz also gave us a bad name....however, to me, Jonathan Pollard is a hero and must be freed ....

[Edited by jb]
09-19-03 04:15 PM
catwoman Yes,I agree. It's time Pollard got out of jail (and Spector should go in his place). Pollard's wife lived in my mother-in-law's building in Toronto. A bit of a nutcase. I guess anyone is who wants to marry a jailbird.