ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many shows left on the Licks tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-18-03 02:28 PM
Boomy Exactly how many shows are left on this tour? I see there are 5 or 6 left in Europe, but what shows are they doing after the Euro. Leg?
09-18-03 02:32 PM
steel driving hammer 10ish, incl China (Red).
09-18-03 03:04 PM
glencar What about US dates? Surely they can't end it in Commie China! Those mercy dates won't keep Mick in his silks.
09-18-03 03:05 PM
Moonisup NO us tour, that won't happen, I think they are to tired and, they should make a new album
09-18-03 03:20 PM
glencar If they do a US tour, it'll be brief. I might take in a show or two but I'm not going to Pittsburgh again. What a drag!
09-18-03 05:21 PM
Gazza there wont be any more US shows on this tour. China will be the end of the "Licks" tour unfortunately
09-18-03 05:36 PM
steel driving hammer It's possible The Last Time the Stones will ever be on stage together is in fucking China!

09-18-03 05:39 PM
Moonisup SDH

you know, they will tour, if all are in good health, and well china would be nice for a last show..

rik
09-18-03 05:43 PM
Joey

What if they perform a show in Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam this November ?

It could happen ?!?!?!?!

http://www.thekidsarealright.net/html/home.html

09-18-03 09:56 PM
glencar If they stop touring after Commie China, then my last show will have been the Point Depot at Dublin. Not a bad way to end it but I'll still be sad.
09-19-03 09:10 AM
corgi37 its gotta end some bloody day. They've already toured the U.S. You guys got more gigs than anyone. You got more songs than anyone. You got pay per view and radio broadcasts. What else do you want? They gotta have a lie down (with a young girl), have a cup of tea, watch a few games of cricket, then make a new cd. A GOOD one. Then, if you behave and dont invade any country or release too many bad rip-off movies, they can tour the U.S. again. After they relocate to Australia and do a quickie tour here again, of course.
09-19-03 09:28 AM
Joey " You guys got more gigs than anyone. You got more songs than anyone. You got pay per view and radio broadcasts. What else do you want? "

We want it ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why not ?!?!?!?!

We ARE Americans you know !

" Hit Me Ronnie "

Jercee !
09-19-03 10:02 AM
Boomy Well, don't they charge the Americans the most money to see them?!?!?!

FOr that we expect them to make the USA their #1 priorty!!!
09-19-03 10:11 AM
jb I, for one, I'm glad it's ending....this tour, while starting off well, has been a major disappointment in many ways:1)No new album 2)New songs sucked 3)No Mick taylor 4)NO Bill Wyman 5)No guitars 6)Sound was too low 7)Justin Timberlake 8)Remix of SFTD 9)losing #1 tour ranking to Macca and this year to Billy/Elton 10)refusal of Cohl to release attendance/gross figures 11)Keith's balding has really got bad 12)Keith's wardrobe is appalling 13)Canada 14)all the boots suck and 15) continuous health problems and cancellations.
09-19-03 10:22 AM
Boomy I think most of that is quite true, but they did have SOME great shows.

Do you think some people are in denial, jb? I have this notion some people would never put down the Stones, no matter what.

But, ya know how Gazza is. That guy will tell his piece whether it's good or bad about the Stones, but he also said he saw some good shows. I always read his stuff with deep interest because he isn't kissing the Stones butts.
[Edited by Boomy]
09-19-03 10:28 AM
steel driving hammer Boomer, what topic was the paper you had to turn by 9:30 on Wed?

Hope it went well.

Never heard that song in the other thread you mentioned...

Even though I am a Brutha, I don't like Rap atou.
09-19-03 10:31 AM
jb Gazza may be short in stature, but he certainly is not one to back down from the truth. Yes, there were a few good shows...a few shining moments...but as my dutch friend Rik a/k/a Moonisup said, out of the 10 shows he attended, only about 4 were memorable.....The Stones will always be the "greatest rock-n-roll band in the world" to us, but only someone in complete denial would not recognize the significant decline this tour. On Shidoobee, a member of "Jet", the australian band that opened for them even pointed out how disapponted he was...he said something to the effect that we sound like the Stones use to sound..he went on to say their sound was too low and very unclear...He also pointed out how Mick would not sign an autograph for him and objected to their album cover wherein one of the members was wearing a Stones tee shirt on the cover....sometimes Mick must be the biggest ass in the world.
09-19-03 10:38 AM
Boomy Well, Mick probably is pompous most of the time. A lot of those guys are. And I was not surprised to see that Ronnie hit it with those guys. He seems like he could just walk in a bar and chat it up with everyone. I'm even sure MIck Taylor is the same, as well.

Steelie, I had to do a paper that was a tutorial for people to understand the in's and out's of control charts in quality control. It was like I was working for a quality firm and had to go to a company and teach people about control charts. I had to present it in front of the class on a Labtop as my paper contained hyperlinks to numerous websites.
09-19-03 10:44 AM
Joey " Well, don't they charge the Americans the most money to see them?!?!?!

FOr that we expect them to make the USA their #1 priorty!!! "

Well said Boomy !

I can't believe Mick and Keith are going to pass on the USA next year --- they will be missing out on a fifty million dollar payday buy doing THAT which they love so much for just a few months work .

Come on Keith , work a little " Magic " on Charlie whilst you are in China in November ................" Kiss "

Joey !

Oh , and Josh , Justin Timberlake is banging Cameron Diaz this weekend in Honolulu so he is now my new hero .

Jacky !

09-19-03 10:48 AM
Boomy The Who rule!!!

See my new signature

|
|
|
|
|
\/
09-19-03 10:49 AM
Joey " The Who rule!!! "

You are much loved by the Jercee !
09-19-03 10:55 AM
steel driving hammer "Maxy: "I got some good news, jb"
Jb: "What's that, Macky"
Maxy: "The Stones won't come to Florida again!!!"
Jb: "I thought you said you had good news!!!"
Maxy: "I do, I just saved a lot of money by switching to JERCEE JOE"

God your good!
09-19-03 11:07 AM
Boomy I'm starting to "get game". I can feel it. It's just a matter of time before I am at the levels of the greats: Max, Moonie, jb, Joey, Gazza, Steelie, SS, FPM C10, and the many others that make me laugh my butt off!!!
09-19-03 12:22 PM
glencar Got news for you, Boomy. Mick Taylor is more pompous than Mick Jagger ever could be.
09-19-03 12:24 PM
jb Please elaborate.
09-19-03 12:29 PM
glencar I met him after a couple of solo shows & he's very quiet & smug about his talent. He may not be quite as pompous as MJ but he's not going to sit down with anyone & just 'ave a beer - unless you got a gash between your legs.
09-19-03 12:47 PM
sirmoonie If you take out the Timberlake incident, this tour was quite succesful, by the Stones standards, and by our hardcore fan standards.

CYHMK for starters, club show set lists, band played well and Ronnie sobered up, Love Train, AC/DC, Don't Stop, slathered poopdecks in Australia, fact that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman DIDN'T appear (what the hell would they do and who would care?), first appearances in India, etc., YOTI, fire rats in the hole, the Stones' flash-BLIMP. But mostly some great performances in many different venues. I know that happened because I was there. If you can't appreciate it, Josh, then you need to try harder.

It is difficult to get past Timberlake though. Cryyyyyyy meeeee a rivvvverrrrrrrrrrrrr of fissshhhhhhhhhh.......
09-19-03 12:50 PM
glencar The current Newsweek has an article that slashes the Stones. I thought about starting a thread about it but then decided not to.
09-19-03 12:53 PM
jb I think your partly correct Moonie...the JT affair may have prejudiced my overall opinion of the tour...I also really did think Ronnie and Keith really sounded poor at times...when you could hear them...

What did the article say?
[Edited by jb]
09-19-03 01:09 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Gazza wrote:
there wont be any more US shows on this tour.

Why? What was the "nail in the coffin"???
Page: 1 2