ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's Waldo? I mean Bob. Return to archive
09-18-03 01:28 PM
Mother baby Geeez, Bob Dylan has been kind of laying low lately. I wonder where he's at. I think he lurks here though once in awhile.
09-18-03 01:40 PM
steel driving hammer He's prolly putting together another album.

Where's Rod Stewart too btw?
09-18-03 01:51 PM
Boomy Why is it that lately guys like Bowie, Dylan, Stewart, and Sting are putting out albums and the STones aren't?

Are they just not interested in it? Are there creative barriers? Do they just think they can't make money off of it, so they just constantly tour??
09-18-03 01:52 PM
Mother baby
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
He's prolly putting together another album.

Really? Why that little devil!!!! and Steely Dan thinks they're Pompous asshole....ohhhh. I don't think so. I even think Keith is a little intimidated by His Great Lord Bobness. I mean who wouldn't be? What a guy. Last icon standing maybe.
09-18-03 01:57 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Why is it that lately guys like Bowie, Dylan, Stewart, and Sting are putting out albums and the STones aren't?

Insecurity?...who knows why? They know the next album has got to be quality. Take heart, IF there is another Stones album it will be VERY VERY good.
[Edited by Mother baby]
09-18-03 01:59 PM
Boomy Thanks for the words of wisdom, MB.
09-18-03 02:04 PM
steel driving hammer Their just all making music and spending money.

Nothing left to do now, can't beleive can't beleive the Stones are gonna be gone soon.
09-18-03 02:17 PM
Boomy Well, the thing that amazes me is that this is the biggest lay-off for the Stones in their 40 years of being a band.

I mean, yeah they are doing the tours, that's great (if you can go to them). I am not even counting the 4 new songs they did; those were promo type songs, to give the people that have all the albums a reason to buy it.

So, it's been 6-7 years of a layoff in new material. Has it ever been that long? They released albums even when they weren't touring!!!!

I guess a lot of it has to do with their current lifestyles, but even in the 90's they only had a 2-3 year gap between two albums.

People say "Just wait, it will be a great album." Well, unless they have material hidden somewhere that is worthy of calling great, I will not set my hopes so high.

Does this make me a bad Stones fan, that I'm not saying that everything they do is great and fantastic?
09-19-03 01:48 AM
Prodigal Son This is the longest wait for a album of new material. Consider the fact that in the last 20 years, they've only released 5 studio albums with 3 live albums thrown in. And two of them sub-par for their standards (Dirty Work and B2B). But when you're that rich, it doesn't seem to matter as much. After a hard-living existence, it's been tough to keep it up. Also, all the older artists who keep releasing albums constantly are solo artists. As a band, it's much harder to be on the same page in terms of amount of activity.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]