ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New to this board - I need help!! Return to archive
09-16-03 03:28 PM
DG81 Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer and I need some advice! I've been a fan for several years now and have just attended my first Stones concert (Wembley Arena, 13th Sept).
The trouble is, I'm desperate to hear 'new' material. Can anyone give me their opinion on what the best bootleg material is. I've heard the Bedspring Symphony gig from '73, but apart from this I haven't a clue, although there's loads listed on the net.

I'd really appreciate any help

Thanks

Dan.
09-16-03 03:29 PM
glencar Hot Rocks is a good start.
09-17-03 07:12 PM
Gazza Hope you enjoyed wembley - i did!

"bedspring symphony" was originally THE vinyl bootleg to get but since the advent of bootleg CD's its become somewhat by CD releases of the same 1973 shows (with extra tracks)such as "Brussels Affair" or "Nasty Music". Its a good one to start with.

Check out also "Live r Than You'll Ever Be " from oakland 1969 (get the 30th anniversary reissue of it which is the best version) and "handsome girls" a 4-CD set taken from a soundboard from a Fort worth show plus recordings made for FM radio from the 1978 US Tour

"Steel wheels Japan 1990" is probably the best one to get from the 90's (Tokyo 26.2.90). Its also commonly available as "Cold Steel Blue".
09-17-03 09:06 PM
Joey
" The trouble is, I'm desperate to hear 'new' material. Can anyone give me their opinion on what the best bootleg material is. "

Hampton ' 81

Handsome Girls ( from the 1978 tour )

Brussels Affair '73

Stripped Companion ' 95 ( most excellent " Dice " and " Gimme Shelter " )

Tokyo ( Back to the EGG ) ' 90

Jercee !

09-18-03 12:04 AM
Egbert We all need help.
09-18-03 02:20 PM
DG81 Thanks for the advice guys!!
09-18-03 02:24 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Egbert wrote:
We all need help.

in a way, yes!!

Brussels is one of the best stonesshows ever

09-18-03 02:34 PM
jb Brussels Affair
Philadelphia Special
LA Friday
Handsome Girls
Leed Lungs
Lil' Jackie
09-18-03 03:34 PM
glencar Oh, he was asking for boots? Try some of the outtakes stuff too. It's amazing how many songs never saw the light of day. I finally heard Strictly Memphis & it made me cry. It's hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!
09-18-03 03:39 PM
Joey

Bobby Sox

Savannah loves Rocco

Heathers ( Four Pack )

Butt Bonanza

That guy from Poison and Pam Anderson

Jercee Joe !