ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hurricane Isabel Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
09-16-03 04:28 PM
jb She really drives a truck..lol....Juno and I have cooled it down a bit as far as posting...but truthfully, Doug is not letting anything even remotely controversial to remain up too long...
09-16-03 04:29 PM
Joey " Well, I've been in Jewish chix but it ends there. Now let's discuss Juno. "

God , I remember some Jewish Beave from college ( circa 1984 ) .............talk about good old fashioned " Wolf Puss " . Damn that brings back memories !!!!!!!!!!

She had a little " Dorm Butt " when we first " dated " but she dropped pounds in a hurry .

" I remembering distant memories and recalling other names ; Sliding down cold metal , just a tear in a baby's eye Ronnie "

Joey Townshend
09-16-03 04:33 PM
glencar I saw Boosa(aka Boozer!) at the Van Cortlandt Park thing & my first thought was that the Stones would run from fans like her. She makes all NYers look obnoxious.
09-16-03 04:36 PM
jb I tell ya, most people were not only nice, but went out of there way to make me feel welcomed...Moongoddess, akissaway, Runcoke, Expensivewino, Exile, etc...really nice people...
09-16-03 04:38 PM
glencar Exile is a personal friend of mine. Moongoddesss is very nice. She's been through a lot. I don't know about the otehrs. I tried to get into Walter's but the line was out the door.
09-16-03 04:41 PM
jb Exile and his wife were there...nice people...it was so hot in there I only stayed about 2o minutes,...it must have been about 5 degrees outside that night.
09-16-03 04:55 PM
glencar I was eating din din across the way with a Stones newbie. We tried getting in at 630PM or so but no go. Exile called me but it was impossible to get past all those hags.
09-16-03 07:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well....it's been an interesting couple of days at work. I was supposed to have a 3 day weekend but it looks like THAT is out the window...

Isabel is loosing some of her bite....but that doesn't make her any less of a threat. Fortunately it looks as if the winds will have reduced to typical thunderstorm strength....but the water is what we are worried most about. National Weather Service is saying that my county will probably get 6-8 inches of rain. That is BAD news....our water table is already at the saturation point. There is simply no place for the water to go...except for where we don't want the water to go.

I remember the Agnes flood of 1972. Horrible. Floods are just simply devestating...they destroy not only homes, but land too. The power of water is amazing. Irresistable.

Look, I'm not going to be around much in the next few days. Don't worry about me or mine...we live on top of a hill, far away from any streams or rivers. We'll be fine. I've been told that I should bring several days worth of clothes to work with me on Thursday, as well as any rain gear, and water proofed boots that I may own. I hope none of this comes to anything. But in my job, we ALWAYS prepare for the worst case scenario.

Everyone in Isabels path...keep safe, and get prepared now. Store a 3 day supply of water(1 gal per person per day), candles, a good flashlight, plenty of batteries, and canned food.

Good luck everyone.
09-16-03 07:29 PM
nankerphelge I've been thru a few hurricanes as I lived in "Nawlins" for a while. Not looking forward to this one since it appears to be heading right up my driveway!! And I ain't there to protect the kiddies -- but hopefully that'll change once I get mom home from the hospital!

Oh and Storm's initials were DL and I have his curriculum for his class on China. I'd be happy to share...
09-17-03 12:27 AM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
Riffhard, we need more people like you in Boca..we have too many Lacoste Shirt wearing, Cole-Hahn loafer wearing, wine sipping , weenies!!! Where have all the real men gone?

They're up here in Chicago on the north side playing MLB!
(...sorry, I just had to )
09-17-03 08:08 PM
midnightmagic Born in a class 5 hurricane
09-18-03 06:29 AM
glencar Nanker, yes, those are "The Storm's" initials. But please, that's all I want to know about that bum. I'll never forget how he rigged poor Keno's polls.

Good luck to all who have to deal with today's storm.
09-18-03 11:07 AM
Mother baby
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good luck to all who have to deal with today's storm.

Yeah...that bastard is almost here.
09-18-03 12:34 PM
jb THIS HURRICANE IS ANOTHER MEDIA CREATION WHICH IS BEING OVERBLOWN.
09-18-03 12:40 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
THIS HURRICANE IS ANOTHER MEDIA CREATION WHICH IS BEING OVERBLOWN.

Ha! Ha! My fellow ad salesman are at again huh?
BOOST RATINGS = MORE AD REVENUE = HIGHER COMMISION CHECKS

09-18-03 12:43 PM
jb It's nothing more than a severe tropical storm...I hate when they make it out to be some "storm of a lifetime " event. That's why no one takes these things seriously.
09-18-03 12:55 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
That's why no one takes these things seriously.

They take the ads seriously.
09-18-03 12:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whatever JB.

I'm sure that the people in my county who are about to get flooded from their homes will take great comfort in your words as they watch the Juniata River wash their homes away.

Tropical storm, hurricane, tropical depression, bad thunder storm...I don't care what you call it. This thing is going to do big damage, and cause all sorts of nasty aggrevation.

Nat. Weather Service told us to expect the river to crest Sat. at 27 feet. Seven feet above flood stage. That puts water into our downtown area. They can't even predict what will happen with streams and tributaries...except to say that flooding will be "widespread and intense".

Yeah JB, this ain't nothing.

Bet if it was hitting Boca right now YOU would be singing a different tune.
09-18-03 12:58 PM
chris girard I'm in D.C. in the path of the hurricane. Its almost 1:00 PM and its raining here. I have bread, peanut butter, beer, wine and water to sustain me in case I loose my power. I figure I'll start with the beer and save the water for the end. I still have power and I have BB King, John Lee Hooker, Beggers Banquet and Figerprint File on the CD palyer and the TV on with no sound. See Ya
Chris
09-18-03 12:59 PM
jb Sorry SS, didn't mean to downplay what the effects of the storm may be. It's just that the media had made this out to be some cataclysmic event .....
09-18-03 12:59 PM
steel driving hammer No word from Factory Girl since yesterday!

She's prolly listening to REO Speedwagon and Riding The Storm Out.
09-18-03 01:00 PM
jb She is a big Zep fan...probably listening to "When the levy breaks"..
09-18-03 01:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot >the media had made this out to be some cataclysmic event .....<

I'd be willing to bet that the folks who get flooded out will think it's pretty fucking cataclysmic.

And if it was in Boca YOU would think it's pretty cataclysmic.

09-18-03 01:12 PM
sirmoonie Stay safe! Wrap your feet in duct tape. DO whatever is necessary. Stay safe.

God will protect you if you stay safe.
09-18-03 02:17 PM
jb o.k. SS...I was wrong....I apologize...
09-18-03 02:59 PM
glencar You need to apologize more often, Joshy. Not to Juno & those rats but to people like me.
[Edited by glencar]
09-18-03 03:05 PM
nankerphelge Well I ended up returning to DC in the middle of the night to help my family. I think it is pretty fucking serious to leave my dad to fend for himself with my mom in the hospital!

And I think we are under a tornado watch now too!!

Josh, are you one of them pointed-heads that goes down and plays in the surf on a day like today???

09-18-03 03:10 PM
jb No...I don't like getting my hair wet....but seriously Nanker, is it really bad?
09-18-03 03:11 PM
glencar It's a hurricane, for God's sake! Whether Level 2 or Level 5, people gonna die, houses gonna blow & trees gonna fall.
09-18-03 03:16 PM
jb I have not seen any reports of fatalities....I have been through several category 2 Hurricanes and have not found them particularly dangerous...my cul de sac was flooded and that was about it....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5