ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yoko repeats clothes cutting show (NSC) Return to archive
09-15-03 01:00 PM
Nellcote Talk about WMD! Is this really necessary?

Someone please lock this woman up.....

Yoko repeats clothes cutting show
Monday, September 15, 2003 Posted: 7:20 AM EDT (1120 GMT)

Yoko Ono became famous with the performance in 1964.

PARIS, France (AP) -- Avant-garde icon Yoko Ono will repeat her legendary 1960s performance "Cut Piece" in Paris on Monday, inviting the audience to cut her clothing off with scissors in the name of world peace.

Ono, 70, will appear at the intimate Ranelagh theater in Paris, well known for one-man shows. The Japanese-born artist will stand on stage alone and ask each member of the audience to silently cut a piece of her clothing and "send it to the one you love."

The appearance will repeat Ono's famous 1964 performance in Japan, which captivated the media and art critics at the time for its boldness. It was well before she and the late Beatles' star John Lennon became a couple -- they met in 1966 and married in 1969.

"Following the political changes through the year after 9/11, I felt terribly vulnerable -- like the most delicate wind could bring me tears," Ono wrote in a presentation for the show. "Cut Piece is my hope for world peace."

Monday's performance marks Ono's extended presence in Paris this autumn, with an exhibit, "Women's Room," running at the Paris Modern Art Museum through September 28.

Ono recently sponsored a series of billboards in protest against the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

09-15-03 01:12 PM
jb Is she nude when all is said and done? Are her breasts and vagina exposed?
09-15-03 01:56 PM
gypsy Let's get Dandelion* a pair of scissors.
09-15-03 02:03 PM
Joey " Let's get Dandelion* a pair of scissors. "

I don't know ...............I have seen BETTER Howard Carter like finds on this board . I have often felt that ....................Oh Oh , ...........................I have to go to the bathroom !!!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!! ALWAYS after I finish eating too ...........

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!

D. J. Jercee Joe and the Dixie Chicks !

09-15-03 02:52 PM
catwoman I think the cutting clothes thing is pretty scary (for the audience that is) at 70. When did she start to do this - in her late 20s?? She wasn't much then but she did have big boobs. Now they're probably down to the floor. I'd cut her dress just to see if that really is the case. Reminds me of all those cartoons I see like:

Young guy wearing t-shirt that reads - "Let me see yer tits"
Old woman smiling and flashing him by pulling her skirt over her knees.
09-15-03 02:52 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ono recently sponsored a series of billboards in protest against the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

Wow...can't one end up on some kind of enemies list for that shit?

09-15-03 03:02 PM
Joey

I don't believe there is an " enemies list " with this administration because they are too busy trying in vain to create some jobs for the economy .

" Nearly three years into his Presidency and Bushie 43 has presided over a " net loss " of four million jobs Ronnie "

Jacky !
09-15-03 03:15 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Joey wrote

" Nearly three years into his Presidency and Bushie 43 has presided over a " net loss " of four million jobs Ronnie "

Jacky !

Well, he'll probably have to reinstitute the draft before it's over....all kinds of new jobs.
09-15-03 05:59 PM
Joey
" Well, he'll probably have to reinstitute the draft before it's over....all kinds of new jobs. "

We can only hope my brother ...........................

Jacky !
09-15-03 06:16 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
Is she nude when all is said and done? Are her breasts and vagina exposed?

Oh Gawd...no visuals please!!!
09-18-03 01:43 AM
gypsy Click here for the link and photos of people cutting Yoko's clothes off:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09/17/yokoono/

I bet our own Dandelion* was there!

17 SEPTEMBER 2003
Yoko Ono has proved once again that she's prepared to bare all for peace, by inviting the audience at a Paris show to cut off her clothes.

John Lennon's widow asked each member of the 200-strong audience to cut off a piece of her clothing and send it to a loved one. And her son Sean was the first onto the stage at the Ranelagh Theatre, snipping off a small piece of her skirt.

Each member of the crowd followed, one by one, until Yoko was left wearing just her underwear, with one bra strap severed.

The 70-year-old said the work was intended as a plea for peace and hope in these fearful times. By allowing people to approach her with scissors, she was trying to demonstrate that we can trust each other.

"I was just here to say imagine world peace and to say I love you," she said afterwards. "Let's create a peaceful world. I'm hoping these things will help."

The show, entitled Cut Piece, was a recreation of an identical performance Yoko staged in Japan in 1964 and New York in 1965. And it seems to have been equally popular in Paris, as she left to a standing ovation.

09-18-03 02:25 AM
FPM C10 Not that I'd particularly want to SEE it, but what is the point of a "piece" like this without going all the way to bare skin?

She was on Conan O'Brien a few weeks ago, got Conan in a bag on the floor and told him to start taking his clothes off, indicating that she would too. Yoko took her SHOES off, while Conan got down to his pants before realizing he was being taken advantage of.

She's a TEASE!
09-18-03 03:02 AM
gypsy She used those same tactics on Joey...but he wasn't as smart as Conan...and now Joey has no penis.
09-18-03 06:51 AM
stonedinaustralia lol gypsy - at the end of your last post you should have said:

((((((((((BA - LAMMO))))))))))))

no offence meant to you JACKYJOEFLYJEERSKIJOEY - but you have to admit it was funny

btw/ all that "baggism" was a bit of a stunt - situationist/pre-punk outrageousness/ridiculousness, would be confrontationist but funny/interesting for about 15 mins...in fact, when i think about it, we can probably blame andy w. for yoko...he was the thin edge of the wedge for all sorts of nonsense

09-18-03 07:38 AM
Mother baby
quote:
gypsy wrote:
but he wasn't as smart as Conan...and now Joey has no penis.

Does Joey get any veterans benefits for that?
09-18-03 11:53 AM
gypsy He gets what we refer to as a 'crazy check' at the end of each month. Comes in handy.
09-18-03 12:18 PM
Joey " He gets what we refer to as a 'crazy check' at the end of each month. Comes in handy. "

You make Joey giggle .......................

But we don't need to work ( post ) " Blue " here at Rocks Off ...........................or DO we ?!?!?!?!

Developing ........................like a pleasurable rash that gets under your skin and STAYS there .

Jercee !