ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

From Russia with love
Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Cash Dies Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
09-16-03 03:41 PM
jb Yes Gazza....did you see the tribute on Larry King Live last night with Noami Judd, Larry Gatlin, and Barbara Mandrell?
09-16-03 03:41 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Does EVERY reverential thread on this board about someone dying have to descend into inane bullshit?

Ever heard of the expression "There's a time and a place for everything"?

Word To Your Mother! LOL!!
09-16-03 03:42 PM
Joey

{ Edited by Joey }

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

09-16-03 03:55 PM
jb Gazza, I am sure you are very tired...these past few weeks have been incredibly exciting for you with the tour in your backyard...often, after the conclusion of these types of events, depression sets in...sort of like post partum syndrome....this accompanied by the loss of your heros Johnny Cash, Warren Zevon and John Ritter has obviously taken a toll on you. We, the family at "Rocks-Off" are here for you. Don't try going through this yourself...you have an extended family here that loves you and cares about you very much...feel free to PM me if needed.
Lastly, is MarthaMydear taller than you?

[Edited by jb]
09-16-03 03:57 PM
MarthaMyDear Knock it off.

*** Martha ***
09-16-03 04:01 PM
Gazza >Lastly, is MarthaMydear taller than you?

Josh - even Gary Coleman is taller than me...

09-16-03 04:03 PM
jb That's the Gazza we know and love....Joey and I apologize as usual.
09-16-03 04:11 PM
jb Did you meet my good dutch friend Rik a/k/a Moonisup? He is supposedly strikingly handsome.
09-16-03 04:12 PM
glencar Gazza how did you survive at the Point Depot. The shorties had a hard time standing.
09-16-03 04:15 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
Did you meet my good dutch friend Rik a/k/a Moonisup? He is supposedly strikingly handsome.

Josh, Rik and Gary are in the same picture together...
09-16-03 04:18 PM
jb Which one? Rik is only 20...Lilredrooster looks like he is in his late 50's.
09-16-03 04:21 PM
glencar Say, this isn't fair! VH1 Classic is doing Twofer Tuesday & for the Doors segment they did one from the 60s (Love Me 2X) yet then they aired the Ian Astbury version doing Back Door Man. Shouldn't they have aired the Doors original? Get me Wapner!
09-16-03 04:23 PM
steel driving hammer The very 1st one Josh.

09-16-03 04:26 PM
jb That is Rik...and I think Bjourn as well...Rik looks dam good...
09-16-03 04:27 PM
glencar Who's the guy on the left edge?
09-16-03 04:29 PM
jb lilredrooster
09-16-03 04:30 PM
Gazza >Gazza how did you survive at the Point Depot. The shorties had a hard time standing.

I had seats!! hence the aforementioned distaste for the two rows of corporate tossbags in front of me first night. I stood at both Glasgow shows though and they were fine.
09-16-03 04:31 PM
Joey

Where's Angie ?!?!?!

Where's my Dope ?!?!?!

Where's the rest of me ?!?!?!?!

Jercee Joe Wolcott !
09-16-03 04:31 PM
glencar Ah! Did you see Marianne Faithfull? She was in the first row on the right side. Still attractive.
09-16-03 04:32 PM
jb Gazza, are you taller than the great songwriter Paul Williams? I am not sure whether he is deceased.
09-16-03 04:35 PM
Gazza No..I was in the balcony seats facing the stage first night and the ones directly below second night.

Strange pricing structures at these shows where the most expensive seats are those facing the stage even if theyre at the back of the arena. But with it being such a relatively small venue,the view was still fine.

Josh...I'm 5'6
[Edited by Gazza]
09-16-03 04:35 PM
Joey " Gazza, are you taller than the great songwriter Paul Williams? I am not sure whether he is deceased. "

Didn't he write " The Rainbow Connection " ????

Wait ?!?!?! Oh my GOD !!!!! Fleabit looks EXACTLY like the late Paul Williams !

Developing ........................................

Got Game !

09-16-03 04:36 PM
glencar My back was killing me but it was worth it. I stood for 6 hours or so but I was up there. I saw a guy who looked like you but I was not about to say, "are you Gazza?" to a complete stranger. I'm somewhat shy.
09-16-03 04:37 PM
glencar PW lives. But he's still MOR.
09-16-03 04:43 PM
Gazza >My back was killing me but it was worth it. I stood for 6 hours or so but I was up there. I saw a guy who looked like you but I was not about to say, "are you Gazza?" to a complete stranger. I'm somewhat shy.

coulda fooled me! You should have dropped by Jurys Custom House en route to The Point....a few of us met up there

I should have recordings of both shows in a few days. When I check them out,I'll be treeing them if i think theyre up to scratch
09-16-03 04:45 PM
Joey

Guess he didn't die .

http://www.intothenight.net/PaulWilliamsApearingLive.html

Developing .......................
09-16-03 04:59 PM
glencar I was with some friends at Elephant & Castle in the Temple Bar area. Great lunch & a beer or two.
09-16-03 09:19 PM
MarthaMyDear KNOCK IT OFF, JOSH (and glencar)!!! lol.............. Gary is
not that short!!! Don't be offensive!!! It's not nice to make
comments like that, you know!!! Jesus... lol.............
Calm down!!! lol........... :P Take care!!!
lol........... :P Josh, if you like the pix of
Rik so much, you will DROOL over one I'll be posting soon!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! Had to
mess wichya!!! lol........... :P Take care!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (I had a feeling Marianne might be at one of these
shows, at least!!! I am green with envy I wasn't there!!!
Wouldn't that have just been INSANE to see Mick and Marianne
do Wild Horses (or Sister Morphine or something like
YCAGWYW)?!?!?! Ugh... What a thought!!! lol........... :P
)
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
09-16-03 10:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Wait ?!?!?! Oh my GOD !!!!! Fleabit looks EXACTLY like the late Paul Williams !

Developing ........................................

SHUDDER!!

I was going to protest, but....put him on the list.

the lovers, the dreamers, and me...
09-16-03 10:28 PM
MarthaMyDear PLEASE get rid of that pic., FPM!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just think that Vince Neil looks like Paul Williams in drag and I HATE Vince Neil!!! lol............. Does that pic. really need to stay up?!?!?! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If so, that's ok.... Just no Vince GROSSNESS Neil, ok.?!?!?! lol........... Thank you!!!

*** Martha ***
Page: 1 2 3 4