ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing "Fool to Cry" Palacio de los Deportes, México City January 1995
Longest stop on tour ever, January 7 to 25
By Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Sound Of (Ronnie's) Music? Return to archive
09-21-02 11:05 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alright...

A pressing question.

Why don't The Stones let Ronnie sing?

Besides, y'know, being sloshed for the last twenty years?

We're over that now, yes?

For good, we hope?

So why don't they let Ronnie get up there and belt one? Not one of his solo songs, this ain't the New Barbarians, but I would have to order a whole new wardrobe from the multiple orgasms I would have if Ronnie got up there tomorrow night and ripped into "Show Me" or "Testify". Even "Pretty Beat Up", which he does better than Mick!

When's the last tour Ronnie got to sing backup on anything with the Stones? I know the the Love You Live World Tour he was just bustling with energy and would run up to the microphone and yell things at the crowd - why not sing?

-tSYX --- Jo... Josephine...
09-22-02 03:40 AM
Drift Away Yes it totally agree with you

09-22-02 03:49 AM
Child of the Moon tSYX, I have to admit, the fact that we've never crossed paths before in anywhere other than on the internet just astounds me. How old are you again, anyway? I'm 18, and I must say, I've hardly ever met anyone near that age that digs the Stones as much and as well as you do.

I agree, by the way. I always kind of thought Ronnie should do "Ooh La La," but then, that's just a big dream.

I know Ronnie did backing vox of sorts in '81 and '82, but it was never very pronounced.

Let Ronnie loose! WHOO-YEAH!
09-22-02 06:12 AM
padre Ronnie should sing It's only rock'n'roll.
09-22-02 10:05 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
tSYX, I have to admit, the fact that we've never crossed paths before in anywhere other than on the internet just astounds me. How old are you again, anyway? I'm 18, and I must say, I've hardly ever met anyone near that age that digs the Stones as much and as well as you do.

I agree, by the way. I always kind of thought Ronnie should do "Ooh La La," but then, that's just a big dream.

I know Ronnie did backing vox of sorts in '81 and '82, but it was never very pronounced.

Let Ronnie loose! WHOO-YEAH!

I mean, is there a reason why he doesn't get to sing one? I was going over all the songs he's got co-writing credit or "Inspirational credit" on, and there's great stuff in there. I think Mick does a better job with "It's Only Rock'n'Roll", "One Hit (To The Body)" and "Hey Negrita", but "Pretty Beat Up" would sound nice in Ronnie's Dylanesque rasp, as would a verse of "Dance Pt. 1"... but in a theatre show, it'd be great just to hear him cut loose on an old blues number or something. I think it'd be great to hear Ronnie do "Worry No More" or "Love In Vain" or even "Seven Days" or some other Dylan cover.

And what I would give to hear Ronnie, Keith and Mick do a trio on "Buried Alive"...

As for me, I'm 16, Child, born within the hour of Ian Stuart's death - I was told last night by a friend of mine (after she saw me going to this site) "You were born 35 years too late!"

-tSYX --- Well, you shoulda been buried alive!
09-22-02 12:03 PM
MidnightRambler (Good to know that there's some youngsters here with me! I'm 17)

Yeah, I've always wanted Ronnie to give us some vocals. Lead or backing for that matter! But, I guess his big argument is his voice...I guess all those years of cigarettes have taken over his vocals. The last recording I've heard him sing is his "Not For Beginners" and beore that was "Live And Eclectic" and he really sounded haggard and torn on that one. He couldn't make the real high notes...

I wanna know how he was in Shepards Bush last year when he performed...wonder how his voice was...

I even remember in a Rolling Stone interview, asked when his next solo album would come out he replied..."It may be an instrumental album first, so people won't complain about my voice" I assume he was referring to "Not For Begginers" because there are several instrumental tracks on it.

The last time I've seen Ronnie talk into a microphone at a Stones show was probably St. Louis '97 on the B-stage during IORR. He popped his head in front of the mic and sang a line with Mick. Come on Ronnie, sing it up!

If he's not going to sing I think he should open the show with a little stand-up. Ronnie's my favorite Stones cuz he's hilarious. Here's my favorite Ronnie line ever:

In the Voodoo Stew bootleg during "You Got It Made", Keith tells Ronnie to "Fuck Off". Ronnie replies: "How can I when you want me here?" (hehhehehe)

WE LOVE RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-22-02 04:04 PM
Staffan this is the young man blues.. I'm 17 too..

I think it's cool with all the young guys here.

I think the best thing they could do with the vocals is to fire Bernhard and Lisa and let Ronnie and Keith do the backing vocals. Yes! I only want to hear Mick sing the leads though. Or maybe hear In another land if Bill appears on stage with them... ?!
09-22-02 04:07 PM
Moonisup well count me in for the Ronnie singing!! I love the new Barberians!!
I really like Ronnie singin, hmmm indeed. listen to him with Bo Diddley!!

Yeah count me in, I am 19

ROLLING STONES =====>>>>>> RULE